JamesRenee

Our own thread

77 posts in this topic

This thread is not about you or other CSC filers. Stop being so sensitive. Nobody attacked you. The OP and other people posting here have every reason to be frustrated. I am glad that they made this thread to vent, if it helps. Months and months of waiting is very hard. As an ex-CSC filer (now in the process of AOS), I wish all the TSC K1 filers nothing but the very best!!

I was talking about something between me and that poster alone. What I said was things that have been said to me.

End of.

And I never said this thread wasn't a good thing and I agreed it was needed for those at TSC.

They should be frustrated and annoyed and p-ed off that they have to wait months and months.

I'd be exactly the same.

And no it does not help that you get those at CSC overjoyed that they only waited a couple of weeks for approval.

But there is bickering and sarcastic tones whenever someone posts a thank you or overjoyed at not waiting long.

I'm not saying they all don't know that there is a major difference between the two, but a lot of new people don't.

And when I say that it isn't their fault and they can't help it is because it is the fault of USCIS for not evening the workload, which they should because then at least people would stand half a chance at a fast approval.

Edited by Cody and Daisy

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hmmmmmmmmmm....who ever said anything about NOT staying away from CSC posts/threads? And who said that those of us who vent are allowing it to eat away at us in some negative way? I don't know what I find more annoying sometimes, the CSC stuff or those who chant "rah rah" coupled with some variant of "hang in there" or "it will happen" or some such quip. While the intention is likely good, it still comes across as being somewhat insensitive, if nothing else for the simple reason that I don't like anyone telling me what I should do nor how I should feel. Especially when I come to a thread like this for the sole purpose of reading supportive commentary that you don't find elsewhere on the forum. Sorry, but I just don't find the "rah rah" posts supportive.

Look, for me personally at least, nothing is eating away at me, I'm not allowing any negativity to "take over" my life and I don't read CSC threads. And overall I sleep well at night. And so does my fiance. And I do "stay on top of" what is happening in my fiance's country WRT the I-129F process. And I have done so many things to help affect change, so you can't accuse me of just sitting around whining but doing nothing. Life is normal really. All that said, the imbalance in processing times is impossible to ignore, either from simply seeing the thread listing in the "K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports" subforum, looking at Igor's list or taking a peek at the K-1 processing timeline reports. And of course the frustration/irritation/annoyance factor that is of the highest order of magnitude comes from those in positions of power who deny the problem even exists at all.

So. This post content hasn't turned out like I thought it would. I'd simply like to ask those who have their approvals (or anyone else really) to consider not posting "rah rah" type of stuff, or to tell me how I should feel, what I should think, what I should do, how I am letting the negativity ruin my life/relationship/anything-else or what I can do to "cope" with this situation. With all due respect, I'm "coping" just fine. I mean sheesh! Can't anyone simply vent or post a complaint about a problem without someone else coming along later and trying to "fix things?" :rofl:

Everything is ok here, we're just sayin' it isn't fair, that's all. And that's as far as it goes. For me at least. Don't read any more into it than that.

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

Timeline

I was talking about something between me and that poster alone. What I said was things that have been said to me.

End of.

And I never said this thread wasn't a good thing and I agreed it was needed for those at TSC.

They should be frustrated and annoyed and p-ed off that they have to wait months and months.

I'd be exactly the same.

And no it does not help that you get those at CSC overjoyed that they only waited a couple of weeks for approval.

But there is bickering and sarcastic tones whenever someone posts a thank you or overjoyed at not waiting long.

I'm not saying they all don't know that there is a major difference between the two, but a lot of new people don't.

And when I say that it isn't their fault and they can't help it is because it is the fault of USCIS for not evening the workload, which they should because then at least people would stand half a chance at a fast approval.

Look Cody and Daisy, I understand what you're saying. However the whole "It isn't our fault, it's the fault of the USCIS" from CSC filers has also gotten old, very old. So give it a rest. We understand that. However when CSC filers use that fact as justification - and often with little more than an insensitive wave of the hand - to begin shouting from the rooftops, TSC folk are understandably going to be hacked off. We know that it isn't your fault, but SO WHAT? Stop with the defensive stuff and just learn to leave well enough alone. Heck the very fact that you're here defending CSC folk in a thread that was/is intended to support TSC folk is irritating enough! THIS ISN'T ABOUT YOU! And if you want to address issues with another VJer in particular, then take it to PM please, don't make a TSC support thread your personal score/issue settling ground. FWIW.

Edited by av8or1

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

Look Cody and Daisy, I understand what you're saying. However the whole "It isn't our fault, it's the fault of the USCIS" from CSC filers has also gotten old, very old. So give it a rest. We understand that. However when CSC filers use that fact as justification - and often with little more than an insensitive wave of the hand - to begin shouting from the rooftops, TSC folk are understandably going to be hacked off. We know that it isn't your fault, but SO WHAT? Stop with the defensive stuff and just learn to leave well enough alone. Heck the very fact that you're here defending CSC folk in a thread that was/is intended to support TSC folk is irritating enough! THIS ISN'T ABOUT YOU! And if you want to address issues with another VJer in particular, then take it to PM please, don't make a TSC support thread your personal score/issue settling ground. FWIW.

It wasn't meant to be defensive or me sticking up for those at CSC im sorry you're taking it that way.

I was trying to support TSC folk, I said that several times that you are all entitled to be irritated and annoyed and you should be.

I didn't realise that my support was going to be so harshly critiqued just because I don't think other's should be bashed along the way.

So I am sorry that it's come off that way.

I try and help everyone with their process and I'm not here to argue or cause problems, I just want to help.

But I apologise that it's come off so badly towards you all.

As for that VJer, it was between us in PM until she publicly started to call me "names" on a few topics and then did on here. My reply was asking her to stop. So you've got that a bit backwards.

Again I am sorry for what's been taken wrong from me, and I do feel for all those at TSC, and how hard it is.

London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

Timeline

It wasn't meant to be defensive or me sticking up for those at CSC im sorry you're taking it that way.

I was trying to support TSC folk, I said that several times that you are all entitled to be irritated and annoyed and you should be.

I didn't realise that my support was going to be so harshly critiqued just because I don't think other's should be bashed along the way.

So I am sorry that it's come off that way.

I try and help everyone with their process and I'm not here to argue or cause problems, I just want to help.

But I apologise that it's come off so badly towards you all.

As for that VJer, it was between us in PM until she publicly started to call me "names" on a few topics and then did on here. My reply was asking her to stop. So you've got that a bit backwards.

Again I am sorry for what's been taken wrong from me, and I do feel for all those at TSC, and how hard it is.

Ok fair enough, but I don't have anything backwards. If they were doing as you have described, report them to the mods, as that is the proper way to proceed with anyone calling you names in a forum such as this. The point is that your posts that addressed this issue with the other VJer detracted from the support of TSC filers by discussing an unrelated problem. That's another issue with CSC filers sometimes: they just don't know when to hush-up and leave well enough alone. I thank you for wanting to help, and before you doubt me - like most all CSC filers do - let me say that I mean that sincerely: thanks. Send us the pics/emails of your NOA1 and NOA2. Until something like that is done, saying that you want to help is just words. Kind words, but just words in the end.

And sorry if you're taking anything harshly. That's not the intent. Trying to get CSC filers to help and to stop with all of their insensitive behavior is. I'm reminded of a quote from a movie in which many men were attempting to "make the cut" with a professional sports team. The last day of evaluation came and it was the final round of cuts. The quote is:

"Whatever happens keep it to yourself. You don't want to be celebrating in front of guys who just died."

CSC filers could put that to good use. LOL

Even so, keep in mind that it doesn't exactly keep us up at night. Or not me at least. But whichever. I digress....

Edited by av8or1

6/16/15 - Medical

Ok fair enough, but I don't have anything backwards. If they were doing as you have described, report them to the mods, as that is the proper way to proceed with anyone calling you names in a forum such as this. The point is that your posts that addressed this issue with the other VJer detracted from the support of TSC filers by discussing an unrelated problem. That's another issue with CSC filers sometimes: they just don't know when to hush-up and leave well enough alone. I thank you for wanting to help, and before you doubt me - like most all CSC filers do - let me say that I mean that sincerely: thanks. Send us the pics/emails of your NOA1 and NOA2. Until something like that is done, saying that you want to help is just words. Kind words, but just words in the end.

And sorry if you're taking anything harshly. That's not the intent. Trying to get CSC filers to help and to stop with all of their insensitive behavior is. I'm reminded of a quote from a movie in which many men were attempting to "make the cut" with a professional sports team. The last day of evaluation came and it was the final round of cuts. The quote is:

"Whatever happens keep it to yourself. You don't want to be celebrating in front of guys who just died."

CSC filers could put that to good use. LOL

Even so, keep in mind that it doesn't exactly keep us up at night. Or not me at least. But whichever. I digress....

I honestly completely agree. And my conversations have been long winded and unnecessary.

So I shant say anything more here and will leave it to how you all want it.

Again I am sorry for the not misunderstanding but maybe wrong placement of words on my half.

I really do wish TSC fast approvals and that change does come.

I shall leave the way I came, fast and abruptly.

Edited by Cody and Daisy

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

Hmmmmmmmmmm....who ever said anything about NOT staying away from CSC posts/threads? And who said that those of us who vent are allowing it to eat away at us in some negative way? I don't know what I find more annoying sometimes, the CSC stuff or those who chant "rah rah" coupled with some variant of "hang in there" or "it will happen" or some such quip. While the intention is likely good, it still comes across as being somewhat insensitive, if nothing else for the simple reason that I don't like anyone telling me what I should do nor how I should feel. Especially when I come to a thread like this for the sole purpose of reading supportive commentary that you don't find elsewhere on the forum. Sorry, but I just don't find the "rah rah" posts supportive.

Look, for me personally at least, nothing is eating away at me, I'm not allowing any negativity to "take over" my life and I don't read CSC threads. And overall I sleep well at night. And so does my fiance. And I do "stay on top of" what is happening in my fiance's country WRT the I-129F process. And I have done so many things to help affect change, so you can't accuse me of just sitting around whining but doing nothing. Life is normal really. All that said, the imbalance in processing times is impossible to ignore, either from simply seeing the thread listing in the "K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports" subforum, looking at Igor's list or taking a peek at the K-1 processing timeline reports. And of course the frustration/irritation/annoyance factor that is of the highest order of magnitude comes from those in positions of power who deny the problem even exists at all.

So. This post content hasn't turned out like I thought it would. I'd simply like to ask those who have their approvals (or anyone else really) to consider not posting "rah rah" type of stuff, or to tell me how I should feel, what I should think, what I should do, how I am letting the negativity ruin my life/relationship/anything-else or what I can do to "cope" with this situation. With all due respect, I'm "coping" just fine. I mean sheesh! Can't anyone simply vent or post a complaint about a problem without someone else coming along later and trying to "fix things?" :rofl:

Everything is ok here, we're just sayin' it isn't fair, that's all. And that's as far as it goes. For me at least. Don't read any more into it than that.

I guess I wasn't negative enough, my bad. If my comment won't help you that's fine but I am sure that other people will benefit from it. There are people out there who aren't as "strong" as you and can't cope. Someone that filed with me in June just gave up on his fiancée because the time a part tore them apart, even after the interview and being approved. The waiting from USCIS stage was just too traumatic to continue. So my original comment was for couples like them, because it happens more often than not. I'm giving sound advice for those that want to vent but also need to know that they aren't alone with how they feel. Some people I filed with waited all this time and their beneficiary failed the drug test. Some people I filed with had their case lost at the NVC stage. So just because people aren't venting your way they need to not post here? That's fine, I'll leave it at this. But, before I go: There's more levels to this that are going to break people that may not know it yet. So again, God bless you all. MAKE YOUR VOICES BE HEARD! Don't just vent here to a forum of people who can't do anything for you, make some noise on the government level as well.

Carry on...

The total amount of days from the date I mailed in our K1 Visa application to the day my fiancé stepped foot into the USA:

1 year, 3 months and 8 days.

The amount of days from the date we mailed in our AOS to the date everything was approved (after 3 RFEs):

7 months & 5 days

Which makes our journey a total of:

2 years, 3 months, and 8 days

(L)"I remember the days I prayed for everything I have now." (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm currently over in US with fiancée and her son for two weeks. Great to see them but just its overshadowed with me going back next week. We can't stop talking about houses, jobs and everything but the whole process is killing the enjoyment of what should be a happy time. What bugs me the most is there's no acceptance from USCIS of this poor handling. And then I feel like I'm living a lie back home as I can't say anything to my work etc. If the process was fair and knowledge of action was happening then fair enough but when the form is gathering dust whilst we have upsetting conversations around trying to move to a location with a good school before her son starts later this year is dismal. I've done literally everything I can but most comes down to needing a SSN and a job but I'm stuck. Though managed to open a checking account with bank of america so doing everything I can.

A bit of a spill of words this but its not that I want to rant (I would love to actually) but it's got to the point of impacting my family and I am at lost what to do but wait and watch the impact on my fiancee and her son, its awful. If they stuck with their processing times early last year we would have been fine. Only wished we sent it in months earlier, only if we knew the delay was going to get worse.

Ugh I'm not looking forward to the airport trip. Sorry just a bit of a regurgitation of words and I'm sure it'll appear as a blip in a years time just hard as hell to get through. Its a test that'll make us a family stronger for sure, that's how we are trying to look at it but sometimes I really feel like throwing all my toys out my pram!!

K1 Timeline

November 21st 2013 - First Met

November 18th 2014 - I-129f Submitted

November 24th 2014 - NOA 1

May 22nd 2015 - NOA 2 - no RFE!

June 4th 2015 - Case Sent to NVC

June 6th 2015 - NVC receives case

June 15th 2015 - Case Sent to Embassy

June 16th 2015 - Phoned NVC and finally got case number (tried 12th June and had not been assigned)

June 16th 2015 - Medical booked

June 21st 2015 - Sent Packet "3" - DS 160 and readiness

June 25th 2015 - Embassy sends letter in receipt of receiving case

June 30th 2015 - Medical

July 28th 2015 - Interview - Approved!

August 3rd 2015 - Email request to collect from courier office (Went straight from "Ready" to "Issued" did not see AP in CEAC)

August 4th 2015 - Collected packet from Chancery Lane Courier Office

August 7th 2015 - Arrived in Houston and end of K1 journey :)

Adjustment of Status Timeline

August 10th 2015 - Applied for SSN, obtained SSN number next day

August 15th 2015 - SSN card arrived

August 20th 2015 - Married! :)

August 24th 2015 - sent packet to USCIS via FedEx [AOS, AP & EAD]

August 26th 2015 - packet received at USCIS

August 28th 2015 - NOA 1 for all three applications

September 15th 2015 - RFE - request 1040A, W2's was not enough

September 24th 2015 - Biometrics completed

September 28th 2015 - RFE response received by USCIS

October 27th 2015 - EAD approved

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Five posts that were personal drama in nature and unnecessarily detracted from the discussion have been removed. Do not rehash or additional penalties will be imposed.***

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have read some comments and even when our process is different to yours, I can't blame you for being mad/frustrated/desperate and more.

My husband is leaving Mexico to go to USA. It is hard when I think that we are not going to be together for a while. So I really admire you. I would like to think the hard situations make stronger relationships.

Guys, I pray for all your situations get resolved soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just wated to point out again that I titled this thread "our own thread" for those couples dealing with TSC....purposely to keep CSC petitioners out of the thread. Since we have to be so respectful of the "I got approved in 3 weeks at CSC" threads- please show us the same courtesy. Create your own thread if you have a burning comment that needs to be made. And if you don't agree that venting helps- then don't read our vents. Because as I said- it's ok to vent with other people who are experiencing the same hardships.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think I read on this site, where the "head of USCIS" said there was 'NO difference in approval times" between the two service centers. We all know this is un-true.

Until, there is a new president of the USA, will there be any changes, either party, who is elected, I am sure would get around to having someone check and see if this is true about the two service centers.

We went through the Vermont Service Center in 2012-2013, and there was a difference in approval times, but nothing close to what is happening now!

We thought 6 months, was 10 months and 4 days, we know your pain!

I agree with some posters, some well worded "venting" should be just over looked, and let it go.

I still cannot believe that the head of USCIS says there is "no difference" in the two service centers..,..,..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

someone posted an obvious "I have been approved in three weeks at the CSC" troll post. It is so obvious that guy is trolling TSCers

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.