Ridcully41

Arkansas driving licence id

6 posts in this topic

Hello all

had some good news today ,i passed my driving test however when I went to get a licence at the dmv in my local town I was refused because I could not provide an I94 I did explain that there is no physical I94 anymore(I got the impression none of them had ever had to do this for an LPR before) .To be fair to the ladies working there bent over backwards to try help me even to the point of their supervisor phoning up her supervisor their computer kept on insisting for one more bit of ID. I had with me my (UK)passport with visa and temporary green card in it, my pass certificate from my driving test issued from the state police and my social security card with number and address on it.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated I have supplied all that I have my birth and marriage certificate where not usable because they are from the UK

thanks in advance

Hello all

had some good news today ,i passed my driving test however when I went to get a licence at the dmv in my local town I was refused because I could not provide an I94 I did explain that there is no physical I94 anymore(I got the impression none of them had ever had to do this for an LPR before) .To be fair to the ladies working there bent over backwards to try help me even to the point of their supervisor phoning up her supervisor their computer kept on insisting for one more bit of ID. I had with me my (UK)passport with visa and temporary green card in it, my pass certificate from my driving test issued from the state police and my social security card with number and address on it.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated I have supplied all that I have my birth and marriage certificate where not usable because they are from the UK

thanks in advance

CBP allows you to obtain an print it out. They are all electronic now. https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html I'd snag a few copies of those, it's a pretty important document.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from General Immigration-Related Discussion to Moving to the US and Your New Life in America Forum~

~Similar topics are often discussed at this forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I bet the problem is because their instructions state that to prove legal residence you must either show

• U.S. Visa

or

• Photo Document from DHS -
    (Department of Homeland Security, Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration) -
    (No Border Crosser)

So your Green Card would be a photo document issued by DHS

But what you have is the temp green card in your passport which is the stamped visa.

So in their computer I bet they are selecting visa rather than photo document - which I bet then needs a valid I-94 to show you are not out of status but what you have is not a visa anymore

Have they tried selecting the option for photo document (there's still a photo on the CR1 visa sticker right?) as if the temp green card is your official green card?

If they won't do that the you might have to wait for your actual green card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.