Janelle2002

Dallas Field Office Experience

8 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I scheduled an info pass about our returned petition with USCIS Dallas Field Office. Can someone share their experience with the Dallas Field Office that was not AOS please?

I am kind of anxious. I want to see if they will go ahead and tell me if they are affirming or issuing a NOIR.

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Coupla points:

1. The human behind the glass cannot adjudicate your case.

2. Need floor supervisor to talk with other supervisor not on floor, to learn real status.

3. Don't leave until you have real answers.

i was there often in 2013. I-130 adjudicated there because of casefile movement to local offices.

other details in my profile, about me section.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Coupla points:

2. Need floor supervisor to talk with other supervisor not on floor, to learn real status.

i was there often in 2013. I-130 adjudicated there because of casefile movement to local offices.

Thank you Darnell

Here is what happened.

Dallas Field Office Review and a little extra background on my case.

I-601 waiver approved 1/6/2015. Contacted embassy for follow up interview. Was told our I-130 was in Administrative Review with USCIS. :shocked: We didn't know USCIS had our original petition.

Congressional inquiry to Embassy. Embassy says USCIS asked for the case back.

Congressional inquiry to USCIS. Colombo returned the case for revocation. Will issue a NOIR or reaffirm.

Congressional inquiry to Embassy. No we did not. USCIS asked for the case back so we returned it.

Urgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :girlwerewolf2xn: I scheduled an info pass for today to clear up the discrepancies.

My number was called. The officer said the case was with USCIS. Of course it is. <_< It was returned by Embassy. I said please review the embassy emails, they said they returned at USCIS's request, not at their own. She said the email to USCIS said it will be revoked or affirmed. I said please read the emails from the embassy, they said they did not revoke my petition. She read the emails, then said she would need to pull my file. She was gone liked 20 minutes, came back and said an officer was looking at it, that she found my case, and she would come back once they are finished and she wanted to make copies of the emails I presented to her.

She came back and said, you are correct, the embassy did not revoke or deny your petition. :shocked: ?

I filed a writ of mandamus in July 2014 and since USICS's name was on it, they requested the original petition from the embassy to review the case to check and see if they had made mistakes on the case. Well, when it was returned to them, I guess it was stuck in a consular return stack. They never reviewed the petition. It just sat there. So the original reason for them requesting the petition was never carried out and the writ of mandamus has already been withdrawn. When the Congressional inquiry was made, the person just looked in the system, saw that USCIS had the petition and assumed it was a consular return for recommendation of revocation.

I asked, well, what is going to happen now? She said the officer will review my case to see if there is anything that needs to be addressed from the writ of mandamus, which there isn't. My writ of mandamus was because of the long AP my husband and I suffered through, I included USCIS because it was recommended to do so. The only thing about USCIS in the writ of manadmus was the NOA1, NOA2 and date when they sent my file to NVC. She said they will call me within a week if they can send the case back to the embassy. She said if they cannot and it requires further review, I will receive a notice in the mail.

Lesson I learned, 1st, the people answering the Congressional inquiries are not thorough. If they had actually looked at the file, physically, they would have seen it was not a consular return. The Immigration Officer said the embassy put a memo with my file that states USCIS requested that they return the original petition so they are returning at USCIS's request and not out of the embassy doing so. (This was very informational) Maybe there is hope.

2nd. When anything is returned from the consular, they are not even opened. They just sit until someone decides they want to look at the stack!!!! She said NO ONE had even looked at the package since it was returned to their office in 9/2014. :girlwerewolf2xn:

Even though I didn't get things solved right that second, it was worth the drive. I can breathe just a little although I am still quite impatient. I had all kinds of evidence with me. She said none of it was needed.

Whew!

Timeline

smells like a casefile movement snafu, really.

what sucks is that most humans in the chain can't see 'the notes about it' cause they not have the right 'god' computer access.

I'm hoping that the right human sees the casefile there in Irving, and actually sends it on with the 'answer' to the writ of mandamus. That'd be a blessing, really, as it clears the casefile for consular adjudication. I also hope that 'the chain of events' gets transmorgified into something more useful. TBH, a NOID/R at this stage might be useful, as you will have the opportunity to present a pile of new stuff on bonafide relationship evidence, a USCIS officer will see it, and then once it's re-affirmed, this evidence gets sent to via NVC to the IV Unit, and a Vice-Consul will see the new stuff also.

I had a h3ll of a time with the Congressional Liason human there in Irving - I'm with you - they just ain't thorough - I got 2 bits of lucky in that my Immigration Liason Staffer in my congressman's office was able to 'copy/paste' my longish diatribes from the email I sent her, into the emails she sent on. and that's it, really.

To wrap up, with all of the crup I went through to get her here, I am mortified, shut down, at our current 'status'.

[Nota Bene: The above is my opinion and conjecture - I am NOT a lawyer, nor do I play one on tv. My intimate knowledge comes from reading and gisting plus a modicum of face to face experience. Wash twice to remove all stains. Avoid sodium thiosulfate.. ]

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

smells like a casefile movement snafu, really.

what sucks is that most humans in the chain can't see 'the notes about it' cause they not have the right 'god' computer access.

I'm hoping that the right human sees the casefile there in Irving, and actually sends it on with the 'answer' to the writ of mandamus. That'd be a blessing, really, as it clears the casefile for consular adjudication. I also hope that 'the chain of events' gets transmorgified into something more useful. TBH, a NOID/R at this stage might be useful, as you will have the opportunity to present a pile of new stuff on bonafide relationship evidence, a USCIS officer will see it, and then once it's re-affirmed, this evidence gets sent to via NVC to the IV Unit, and a Vice-Consul will see the new stuff also.

I had a h3ll of a time with the Congressional Liason human there in Irving - I'm with you - they just ain't thorough - I got 2 bits of lucky in that my Immigration Liason Staffer in my congressman's office was able to 'copy/paste' my longish diatribes from the email I sent her, into the emails she sent on. and that's it, really.

To wrap up, with all of the crup I went through to get her here, I am mortified, shut down, at our current 'status'.

[Nota Bene: The above is my opinion and conjecture - I am NOT a lawyer, nor do I play one on tv. My intimate knowledge comes from reading and gisting plus a modicum of face to face experience. Wash twice to remove all stains. Avoid sodium thiosulfate.. ]

Please, I don't need a NOIR. God, no. They know I was just in Sri Lanka this Christmas anyway, because I sent an expedite request for my husband's I-601 when my mother passed unexpectedly. They know we got a bona fide relationship.

I just want those darn humans to move!!! I can't believe no one had even opened the package and looked at it since September 2014. That is so painful to know that people's lives are just sitting there and no one has the motivation to even look at them and help people. It is just down right sad.

• 4 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

My case is there to after being from the National Benefits Center. Filed in August2014, still no NOA 1 in hand. Case was trasferred out of TSC to varius other field offices before ending up at the National Ben3fits Center and finally at the Texas Field Office where its at now. Attended an infopass but didnt speak wth a supervisor. Was told that an interview is ending. That's all! :( What should we expect at this point?

Coupla points:

Timeline

i not know what ' Texas Field Office' is - can elaborate, please?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.