orlyreine

I-131 sent after I-485: identification?

5 posts in this topic

Hello! My man and I realized we'll need to travel outside the US by late June/early July. So even though we sent in the I-485 in early February and my husband had his biometrics the other day, we sent in the I-131 recently with a photocopy of the NOAs. We realize he might not get the advanced parole in time, but gotta try!!! I assumed that since USCIS already has all his identification information (photos, passport copy, etc) from his I-485, we didn't have to send that too. So we didn't. But now I'm thinking that was stupid of me to assume this information was not necessary. So, my question: Does anyone know if the identification part of the application is still necessary if you fill out the I-131 after sending the I-485? And if so, will we just get a RFE and then send them back that information (and cross our fingers that everything is processed in less than 3 months)? Or do you think we should send in another application ASAP with all the identification information? Thank you for your insights!

Edited by orlyreine

Yes you still need to send in all the information required for his identification. Call the center, do you know if the case has been assigned to a case center already?

Thanks. Well, his I-485 and 797 were already assigned. But we really just sent the I-131 at the end of last week, so I doubt they've even received it. So I just call the USCIS support center anyway I guess?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, you needed send everything that is required for the I-131 form. It is not processed together with the I-485, just mailed to the same lockbox address.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you know that a month later, we've received the forms for him to leave and re-enter the country. We didn't have to send in the identification pages! It's a miracle.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.