alborosie8090

Submitted, finally:) Some questions

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi everyone! OK, so, long story short... my fiance and I finally have everything submitted! We originally sent in our package back in January but ended up intercepting it before it was delivered because we wanted to wait until we knew everything was stable and good with my job here before submitting (I recently moved back to U.S. from Costa Rica). I was actually able to visit him last week, too, so have even more evidence and updated paperwork that will hopefully make it an easy case.

Anyways, as of today our package is in the Dallas Lockbox. :) A few questions..

1) I live in CO currently. Anyone else submit recently from CO? Do you think we'll be sent to the CSC or the Texas? Hoping for California as from what I've read, it seems to go much quicker...

2) How important is it for me to be at the interview at the embassy in San Jose with him when it gets to that stage? I am just wondering if I should start budgeting ahead of time to fly out there again for that. I really do want to be there as I just feel like it makes for a stronger case, but wondering if anyone has any experience and/or feedback on this? It is expensive to keep flying back and forth and I'm trying to get some savings for us for when he comes here.

3) I know I am not yet at AOS stage, but thinking ahead - my taxes last year were from my year abroad in Costa Rica, so under the poverty line. My current income is well above that and my income/taxes from the year before last (2013) was also well above. Depending on when he does actually get here, I'm not sure what taxes will be considered "last years taxes" - 2014 or 2015. Anyone have any advice on this? We want to do AOS as soon as possible so he can start working, but I also want to make sure everything goes smoothly and my taxes from 2014 don't cause an issue.

Thanks everyone and so excited to at long last be on this journey with everyone.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

hello dear
check this

California Service Center processes I-129f petitions for petitioners residing in: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

Texas Service Center processes I-129f petitions for petitioners residing in: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, West Virginia and the District of Columbia.

so be happy you obviously will be with CSC :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

As an answer to your second question, I accompanied my fiancé for her interview, and I think it was positive. Mostly to help calm he nerves, but also to provide additional proof of our relationship commitment. Also, it is a great big step in the relationship, and something that (hopefully) will only happen once, therefore, I wasn't about to miss it. However, I did see several women there without their fiancé's and they were approved as well, so it is more related to your preference.

On the third question, we just had our AOS approved. I was well above the poverty line, so no issues with needing a sponsor, and we only provided the most recent years taxes. It really depends on the time when you file the 485, just send your last tax year, but list the last three years on the 864.

Good luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Just to chime in on question 2.

It really is embassy specific. Some do not allow others in except for the beneficiary.

I'd look up previous Costa rico interviews and see if partners were allowed inside the embassy.

Don't take someone else's advise from another country because they are not all the same.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

As an answer to your second question, I accompanied my fiancé for her interview, and I think it was positive. Mostly to help calm he nerves, but also to provide additional proof of our relationship commitment. Also, it is a great big step in the relationship, and something that (hopefully) will only happen once, therefore, I wasn't about to miss it. However, I did see several women there without their fiancé's and they were approved as well, so it is more related to your preference.

On the third question, we just had our AOS approved. I was well above the poverty line, so no issues with needing a sponsor, and we only provided the most recent years taxes. It really depends on the time when you file the 485, just send your last tax year, but list the last three years on the 864.

Good luck!

Thanks for the responses, everyone! Bill - how long did AOS take for you?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.