ToriaM

Approved at TSC - what next?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So my K1 Visa was approved on Friday 13th March at TSC! Yay! It took 200 days to be approved...so ridiculous!

We know it takes around a month for it to get to London from the TSC - and we should be able to get our new case number in a couple of weeks?

Here's the dilemma. I'm going over to the USA to visit in May. I'll be there from 7th May - 4th June.

I want to to get the medical booked asap, so hopefully I can do that in 3/4 weeks.

I'm applying for the police certificate this week so hopefully that should come quickly.

I know that it can take 6 weeks for the embassy to issue appointments after they receive all of the information they need - would it be advisable to send them my readiness form the week I leave for the USA (maybe 5th May), so then my interview could be scheduled quite quickly when I get back?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

It probably won't take the full six weeks to send you an interview letter. That would be worst case scenario. You can submit that readiness form while you are away if you think it might be too soon to say you are ready. It is online.

It is kinda hard to predict exactly how the timeline will go. Maybe an average might be get letter in 2-3 weeks and interview will be 3 weeks from when letter went out. But averages mean could be faster, could be slower.

Edit: forgot to say--

Go get you immunizations sorted at your GP before you attend the medical, even though you don't have to have them until adjustment of status. It will save you from having to pay another doctor in the US to sign off on them on a form I693. There is a list in the pinned topic at the top of this UK forum. London K1 Guide.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.