jaze15

accompanying fiancee on his interview

25 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i feel like it will add chances if we do... tho mine haven't approved yet hopefully in the next days

I was planning to go to manila too during my fiances interview. :)

Timeline

nice... tell me how it goes :-) thanks

i feel like it will add chances if we do... tho mine haven't approved yet hopefully in the next days

I am not so sure it will add to your chances. If your in a bonfide relationship, the evidence will be there ( they may ask for recent pictures, that was all we were asked to show) and there is very little to worry about. Most go through the process alone. I think being there certainly gives your fiancée somebody to talk to while waiting...and there is a lot of waiting involved.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

nice... tell me how it goes :-) thanks

Congrats on ur approval. Try to call nvc for ur MNL case number.. :)

K1 Visa

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 12/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 2015-01-05

I-129F RFE(s) :2015-02-16

RFE Reply(s) : 2015-02-26

I-129F NOA2 : 2015-03-04

NVC Received :2015-03-20

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2015-03-23

NVC Left : 2015-03-25

Consulate Received : 2015-03-27

Interview Date : 2015-04-28

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2015-05-04

US Entry : 2015-05-18

Marriage : 2015-06-22

???❤️

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2015-06-29

Interview Date : 2015-12-10

Timeline

Congrats on ur approval. Try to call nvc for ur MNL case number.. :)

i've been calling nvc like everyday but i was told that they dont have my case yet

Timeline

i've been calling nvc like everyday but i was told that they dont have my case yet

It takes about 2weeks or so for them to recieve the file. :)

K1 Visa

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 12/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 2015-01-05

I-129F RFE(s) :2015-02-16

RFE Reply(s) : 2015-02-26

I-129F NOA2 : 2015-03-04

NVC Received :2015-03-20

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2015-03-23

NVC Left : 2015-03-25

Consulate Received : 2015-03-27

Interview Date : 2015-04-28

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2015-05-04

US Entry : 2015-05-18

Marriage : 2015-06-22

???❤️

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2015-06-29

Interview Date : 2015-12-10

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

NVC will be contacting you, there is processing to complete at NVC.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

is someone getting denied from K1 visa? i'm just worried that my fiancee will get denied.. getting denied is the worst rhing that will happen to us at this moment because weve been in long distance relationship for more than 5 years now

Hi jaze15,

I think it is also better (if possible) that you accompany your fiance for confidence and moral support during the interview. I remember on my interview, most K1 visa interviews brought their fiance with them and they were less stress than us not having our partner on our side that time (just saying) :) Believe me, your fiance will be so thankful if you could come.

As for K1 visa being denied,hmm..during my interview ,I've met six people like me on K1 visa interview and we all passed that time. As long you have proper documentation and bonafide relationship everything will be fine.

Wish you the best :)

Edited by sweetmarie01
710-23-2014 - K1 interview (Phils): Approved
10-31-2014 - K1 Visa received
01-20-2015 - POE
02-20-2015 - Marriage
03-20-2015 - AOS/EAD/AP Packet Submission (day 0) ** date I submitted ***
03-24-2015 - NOA1 received (day 4)
03-27-2015 - NOA1 hard copies received (day 7)
04-06-2015 - Biometrics letter hard copy received (day 17)
04-16-2015 - Biometrics Appointment (day 27)
05-01-2015 - USCIS changed to Interview is scheduled (day 42)
05-06-2015 - Hardcopy of interview notice received ( I-797 C, NOA) (day 46)
06-02-2015- Conditional GC got approved (day 82) 
06-08-2015- Hard copy of Welcome notice received via mail (day 88)
06-10-2015- Actual GC received via mail  (day 90)
ROC
4/06/17 - Sent package (day 0)
4/7/17 -  USCIS received package (day 1) NOA date
4/14/17 - check encashed (day 😎
4/15/17 - NOA 1 received (day 9)
4/22/17 - Biometrics notice date (day 16)
4/29/17 - Biometrics notice letter received (day 23)
5/9/17 - Biometrics done (day 33)
3/19/18 - Case approved
3/23/18 - Approval letter received
4/6/18 - Actual 10-yr GC received 
N400 (under 3-year rule)
4/27/18 - filed N400 online (Friday) (day 0)
4/27/18 - paid/payment received (day 0)
4/27/18 - NOA date
5/21/18 - Biometrics done
7/25/18 - Interview letter date
8/31/18 - Scheduled interview. Got approved!
9/20/18 - Naturalization ceremony in Faneuil Hall, Boston, MA

"Seasons of waiting are designed to prepare you, stretch your faith, and get you ready for everything that's coming next" - curiano quotes life

Timeline

Every application is different, although under normal circumstances I don't think going to the interview is going to help, once outside normal it may be the difference. People may disagree with me, but I think if you are a US citizen by birth and your parents are also it makes a difference on the ease. They ask for that information so they must look at it. Also if your relationship is outside what is considered normal in society I think they look at that also.

This is just from what I gathered, it sounds like you are petitioning your fiance who is male, which doesn't happen as often in the Philippines. That might not be a big deal, but there could be things with age, amount of visits... the more those compound the higher it will be scrutinized. At the end of the day this one person is going to decide, if they get a weird feeling it could be a problem. It's either going to be really really easy, or really hard from what I have heard. My wife's interview was the easiest she or I had heard of, there were no questions she could get wrong it was more of a formality if anything to just show up. I did not go, but I didn't worry much about it either.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

Timeline

migrated here from philippines 2002 with my parents.. went back to phils to study nursing mar2005-nov2009, met my fiancee aug 2008... we move in together after a month.. we got tons of pix together... after graduated from college oct 2009, i came back in america permanently again.. didnt visit philippines til may-june2013 (after 3.5yrs) because i was struggling financially because i was trying to passed my nclex by then but communication and everything still there, we didnt broke up at all... so now i am ok financially... that's why i want to bring him here already... little background about him, he's working professionally in singapore but he just not a talker so thats worries me alittle... i hope he'll get by:-)

Every application is different, although under normal circumstances I don't think going to the interview is going to help, once outside normal it may be the difference. People may disagree with me, but I think if you are a US citizen by birth and your parents are also it makes a difference on the ease. They ask for that information so they must look at it. Also if your relationship is outside what is considered normal in society I think they look at that also.

This is just from what I gathered, it sounds like you are petitioning your fiance who is male, which doesn't happen as often in the Philippines. That might not be a big deal, but there could be things with age, amount of visits... the more those compound the higher it will be scrutinized. At the end of the day this one person is going to decide, if they get a weird feeling it could be a problem. It's either going to be really really easy, or really hard from what I have heard. My wife's interview was the easiest she or I had heard of, there were no questions she could get wrong it was more of a formality if anything to just show up. I did not go, but I didn't worry much about it either.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.