lostinblue

Networks Decline to Run Ad Warning of Dangers of Nuclear Iran

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Is it? Many would say that it's a good description of how Republicans have been acting since getting their panties in a wad about Obama becoming the President. Twice.

On the flip side, it's also a good description of how the Democrats have been acting since they lost the House in 2010. ;)

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

On the flip side, it's also a good description of how the Democrats have been acting since they lost the House in 2010. ;)

Right, I must have missed all the democrats vetoing of Republican alternatives sponsored to Obama Care. No wait, I didn't, because there weren't any.

And for the record, before you get back up on your high horse, I do not blindly support the Democratic party. I just find it a little less disagreeable than the mainstream Republican party. Both are essentially center right, one has a relatively large far right contingent, and other a growing left left leaning contingent, which by international standards would be considered very centrist, and only by American standards would they be considered far left.

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Right, I must have missed all the democrats vetoing of Republican alternatives sponsored to Obama Care. No wait, I didn't, because there weren't any.

And for the record, before you get back up on your high horse, I do not blindly support the Democratic party. I just find it a little less disagreeable than the mainstream Republican party. Both are essentially center right, one has a relatively large far right contingent, and other a growing left left leaning contingent, which by international standards would be considered very centrist, and only by American standards would they be considered far left.

Evidently, you actually have a high horse. ;)

What disappoints me the most is how the Democrat Party, through the dismal "leadership" of Harry Reid, managed to get the Republican Party painted as the party of "no", when he was just as guilty as they were, strangling debate in the Senate for 4 years. They're both still at it, even now. :(

As for the PPACA, I agree that it's a deeply tainted, deeply flawed sham of a Bill that is crippling a large number of people with the added costs for insurance, the massive increase in deductibles and the relative collapse in service. But that's what you get when you adopt a 20 year old plan the Republicans tossed out because it was unworkable. Do the Republicans have an alternative? :rofl: Not even close. But that's a different topic entirely.

Do we need to hear about the dangers of a nuclear Iran? No. :no: It's kind of self-evident from Iranian propaganda how bad that would be.

Do we need assurances that we will not negotiate a bad deal, just to get another piece of the Obama legacy? Yes we do. :yes: Because people have seen the mess that is the PPACA and they don't want a repeat.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Propaganda Checklist:

- Iran 9/11 Al Qaeda Mushroom Cloud NYC

- Russia invaded Ukraine, shot down MH370

- Venezuala troops massing on US border

- Moderate Jihadis need arms to overthrow secular government

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

It appears the other poster spoke out of misinformation about the topic, since there was no righteous position to hold.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Do we need assurances that we will not negotiate a bad deal, just to get another piece of the Obama legacy? Yes we do. :yes: Because people have seen the mess that is the PPACA and they don't want a repeat.

What Iranian propaganda? Show me where the current president of Iran has threatened to nuke any neighboring country? Then explain why you choose to believe a controversial translation of a speech made by a former Iranian president, over the word of Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who has issued a fatwa saying the production, stockpiling and use of nuclear weapons is forbidden under Islam. Iran may well be seeking nuclear weapons, some experts argu that Iran is seeking to have the capability of constructing such weapons if it has to, but not seeking construct them outright. Who could blame Iran for wanting a deterrent? Remember the Iraq/Iran war? The West backed Iraq in that war, and seemed curiously quite about Saddam using chemical weapons. Interestingly enough, many experts argue that Saddam's decision to invade Iran, helped Khomeini consolidate his grip on power in Iran.

June 14, 2013 RFE

Timeline

Evidently, you actually have a high horse. ;)

What disappoints me the most is how the Democrat Party, through the dismal "leadership" of Harry Reid, managed to get the Republican Party painted as the party of "no", when he was just as guilty as they were, strangling debate in the Senate for 4 years. They're both still at it, even now. :(

As for the PPACA, I agree that it's a deeply tainted, deeply flawed sham of a Bill that is crippling a large number of people with the added costs for insurance, the massive increase in deductibles and the relative collapse in service. But that's what you get when you adopt a 20 year old plan the Republicans tossed out because it was unworkable. Do the Republicans have an alternative? :rofl: Not even close. But that's a different topic entirely.

Yeah, you would think that in twenty years, they would have come up with something better :) Oh wait, I guess that's the Democrats fault? :rofl:

Party of no? Not the Republicans :rofl::)

Edited by Póg mo thóin

June 14, 2013 RFE

Timeline

:thumbs: :thumbs: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, I was right...

Yeah, you would think that in twenty years, they would have come up with something better :) Oh wait, I guess that's the Democrats fault? :rofl:

Party of no? Not the Republicans :rofl::)

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Is it? Many would say that it's a good description of how Republicans have been acting since getting their panties in a wad about Obama becoming the President. Twice.

How about the Democrats' anti-GWB contingent? I supposed they were well behaved.

Or how apoplectic they got when George W. Bush was in office. Those morons and this President are still blaming him for almost everything.

What Iranian propaganda? Show me where the current president of Iran has threatened to nuke any neighboring country?

Iran has MANY TIMES expressed a desire to "wipe Israel off the map."

Timeline

"I dont think anyone with a grey cell functioning thinks that they [iran] would ever conceivably use a nuclear weapon, or even try to. The country would be obliterated in 15 seconds. But they might provide a deterrent of sorts. And the U.S. and Israel certainly dont want to tolerate that. They are the forces that carry out regular violence and aggression in the region and dont want any impediment to that." Noam Chomsky with Amy Goodman. http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/03/03/chomsky-destroys-netanyahu/

Edited by Póg mo thóin

June 14, 2013 RFE

Timeline

It's all about pandering to Israel, which as you point our is a more active aggressor than the Iranians. This move with this alleged ad is just another attempt to make Boehner relevant. Bibi's visit blew up on his face. The letter the 47 traitors signed and send to the Iranian authorities backfired tremendously, but instead of cutting their losses and licking their wounds, they keep on doubling down on their stupidity. What's more upsetting is that they are doing it with public money.

"I dont think anyone with a grey cell functioning thinks that they [iran] would ever conceivably use a nuclear weapon, or even try to. The country would be obliterated in 15 seconds. But they might provide a deterrent of sorts. And the U.S. and Israel certainly dont want to tolerate that. They are the forces that carry out regular violence and aggression in the region and dont want any impediment to that." Noam Chomsky with Amy Goodman. http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/03/03/chomsky-destroys-netanyahu/

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org