SL4ever

Sharing Interview Experience; Now in AP [split topic]

21 posts in this topic

Hi

I had my interview on 10 March 2015.

I wanted to share my interview experince with VJ. everything went nicely and the CO was really nice lady she asked few question like..

how did you met your husband.
how long you know him before marriage.
what hi's doing
year incoming of my husband with a big smile.

I answered for everything and she was typing something on the computer and she call a girl and she was trying to get some help from her from the computer problem. and she called to another American guy and he also trying to do something with the computer system..(this is what i hear and saw from the window) and finally the american guy told the CO send her and tell her that we will inform.

CO- your visa been approved form my Side and i am totally okay to give the VISA and she gave me a 221G Yellow slip

And in the yellow slip and with many boxes that the CO can tick and she has Ticked only No further action is currently required on your part.An officer will contact you when a final decision has been made your case.

Waiting ...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The above post has been split from an old, very long, now-closed thread. Sincere best wishes, OP.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

That means they are likely waiting on clearance from the US. I believe its like the final clearance. That is what I have been told by others through this site.

It is basically like you have absolutely no control over what is going on, you can't do anything to speed it up, and you have absolutely no way of knowing exactly how long it will take. Another wait, however sadly, with this wait there are no statics or charts to look at, no answers, and no guesstimating on how long your AP. Basically there is just to hoping and trying to carry on like before, but with no answers.

My husband and I are trying to go back to before, but it is really difficult we thought we would be together by now. The hardest thing Ive ever done was leave without him. In the past years I knew I would have to leave him, but this time I thought he would be coming back with me.

Good Luck I hope for a speedy AP for you and your spouse.

Met in Morocco summer 2009

Visited again 2011, 2012, 2013

(The thing I look forward to the most during the year!)

November 2011

K-1 visa (Denied July 2012)

July-November 2012

Waiting for chance to appeal

December 2012

K-1 visa (filed again)

GIVEN THE HARDEST TIME ABANDONED June 2013

September 2013

MARRIED! happy.png

October 2013

5th: Filed

15th: NOA1

March 2014

7th: Transfered to CSC

April 2014

12th: NOA2

May 2014

27th: AOS paid and DS-261 complete

June 2014

10th: AOS sent

August 2014

8th: DS 260 accepted

13th: IV packaged received

October 2014

18th: Checklist

December 2014

11th: CASE COMPLETE!

Thanks for the replyh me

Dear Afrohanfi

The co was trying to do something with the computer and she asked help from two people and finaly i heard one person told tell het that we will inform you..

So the Co started to taking with me again and she confirmed, said that she ok with my visa to approve and she said that my visa is approved and she issued me a yellow 221g slip and CO said that she has to check with DC and will inform asap.

and i asked a time frame and she said she cannot give any time frame.

What I have read and what people have told me is that it takes anywhere from 2 weeks all the up until 2 years.

Met in Morocco summer 2009

Visited again 2011, 2012, 2013

(The thing I look forward to the most during the year!)

November 2011

K-1 visa (Denied July 2012)

July-November 2012

Waiting for chance to appeal

December 2012

K-1 visa (filed again)

GIVEN THE HARDEST TIME ABANDONED June 2013

September 2013

MARRIED! happy.png

October 2013

5th: Filed

15th: NOA1

March 2014

7th: Transfered to CSC

April 2014

12th: NOA2

May 2014

27th: AOS paid and DS-261 complete

June 2014

10th: AOS sent

August 2014

8th: DS 260 accepted

13th: IV packaged received

October 2014

18th: Checklist

December 2014

11th: CASE COMPLETE!

Thanks for the reply

Is it okay to contact the embassy after two weeks inquiring about the progress, since they have my Passport, Marriage certificate and my birth certificate too.

As per the Sri lankan law they only can keep the passport up to 30 days.

I am little bit nervous if they drag my case.

Also i had immigrant issue at the port of entry, in my case they gave me and letter to come with a appropriate visa and they told me this letter and immigrant not going to effected to CRI visa.

Also CO said it was approved from her side but they need to check with the DC and CO said that due to previous immigrant issue thay cannot do anything from embassy.

Finally they said they will act on this matter asap.

Filed: Timeline

Following is my (semi) educated guess as to whats going on: It sounds like they've referred your case to the Visa Office in Washington DC (checking with DC) - you obliquely refer to a prior immigration issue. My guess (and its only a guess) is the CO believes the bona fide nature of your current marriage, but there is some other issue that has to be cleared in order to process the visa. Guessing again but the perhaps CO didn't know how to document your case in their system. Put another way, the computer worked but the user was struggling.

You can inquire about status and likely it will be processed quickly. However, this is all dependent upon the prior immigration issue and workload in "DC". Technically there are things you can do to spur the Visa Office into action (force a decision), but you are not anywhere near that stage (years in AP). From the sounds of it this isn't that serious of an issue but if "DC" is involved a month would be quick.

Best of luck.

I went to my interview on march 18, 2014 , ivwas approved.

The co said: congratulations your visa is approved.

They took my passport.

Next wednesday i will have a year in administrative processing.

So they can approved you but they can stamp the visa when they want.

They dont care about lives people.

Hello

Is it okay to contact the US embassy sri lanka via email on 20 March 2015, because its completing 10 days after my interview.

And they took my passport, birth certificate and the marriage certificate.

Thank you

Hello everyone

I called Washington DC Sri lanka USA office number. They said they have not received my case yet.

And the lady who spoke to me she gave me an email address.

Informed the husband the same and as per his instruction, Waiting till next Monday to contact DC via email.

:crying::crying:

Edited by SL4ever

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.