redbeard

Why are filings from abroad "Auto Expedited"?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Why are filings from abroad "Auto Expedited"?

I don't understand the logic in this, and I'm desperately hoping someone can play devil's advocate and help me at least understand it.

Those living abroad with their spouses/families are already with them every day. Why should those people be given priority processing when those of us who are separated from our loved ones must suffer and wait such a terribly long time to be united?

I'm sorry to you all. I just need to vent. I am lucky in that I get to see my family regularly being that we live close and she is Canadian/I American. But I had to leave them tonight to go back south for the week of work alone, and they are always devastated when I go. :(

Not lucky here. me and my wife lived in kuwait for two years 2011 to 2013 then I applied for her visa but three months of waiting and nothing. until we need to leave kuwait because my contract finished. so I went home in US and she went home back in Philippines. and until now we're still not done. :) two years apart. I just visited her once.

@Liampot- if you stay here in Philippines for 6 months, you can apply her I-130 DCF. It's faster than thru NVC. My husband filed our I-130 Feb 2, 2015 got approved March 2, got our appointment interview date for April 6. Once you're done completing DS-260 online form, you can set an interview date right away.

End of 2011 into beginning of 2013 were the years where there was no unofficial auto expedite because California and Vermont had stopped processing I-130s and they are the only two that I know of that do the unofficial expedite.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

@Liampot- if you stay here in Philippines for 6 months, you can apply her I-130 DCF. It's faster than thru NVC. My husband filed our I-130 Feb 2, 2015 got approved March 2, got our appointment interview date for April 6. Once you're done completing DS-260 online form, you can set an interview date right away.

we didn't know about that. But my wife is reading too much. She just learned about it when she's back in the Philippines. and here is the bad thing happened. When we are at USCIS stage we got RFE. we're waiting for the letter we will received and nothing.i keep calling and they keep saying to resend it and was told to wait 15 days before I will received it. thrice it happened only to find out they are sending it in kuwait. I already change my address before I left kuwait. I think they've waisted 4 months of our time. so June 2012 to march 2014 I spent dealing with USCIS people.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Lots of reasons, we actually didn't get it and it was a freaking nightmare.

Just being with your spouse isn't always everything, what a simple world view.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Lots of reasons, we actually didn't get it and it was a freaking nightmare.

Just being with your spouse isn't always everything, what a simple world view.

I don't even understand what you are trying to say. Are you saying you didn't get the "auto expedite"?

Because on your timeline it says you did DCF, so isn't that essentially an expedite really? I mean come on...you were through this whole process in about 5 months. Most of us are looking down the barrel of 12-14 months.

And for some of us being with our spouse and children IS everything. If it wasn't, why get married in the first place?

Edited by redbeard

Timeline

I don't even understand what you are trying to say. Are you saying you didn't get the "auto expedite"?

Because on your timeline it says you did DCF, so isn't that essentially an expedite really? I mean come on...you were through this whole process in about 5 months. Most of us are looking down the barrel of 12-14 months.

And for some of us being with our spouse and children IS everything. If it wasn't, why get married in the first place?

I was given a special exception DCF based on USCIS error and potentially the medical/humanitarian expedite. At 4 months in, things had become exceptionally bad - had there not been progress, we would have been forced to move to a 3rd country.

They tried to send my I-130 to an embassy that didn't even have an IV unit and told me that USCIS didn't have jurisdiction over my case because we lived abroad and very much messed up my case. I suggest you read my "About Me" for greater detail.

But, I'm sure your living right across the border from your spouse somehow trumps the situation we were in. LOL.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

FYI - My original I-130 was approved after we had already POEed and gotten a greencard.

And yes, that is how disorganized USCIS is.

3/26/18 Biometrics

I was given a special exception DCF based on USCIS error and potentially the medical/humanitarian expedite. At 4 months in, things had become exceptionally bad - had there not been progress, we would have been forced to move to a 3rd country.

They tried to send my I-130 to an embassy that didn't even have an IV unit and told me that USCIS didn't have jurisdiction over my case because we lived abroad and very much messed up my case. I suggest you read my "About Me" for greater detail.

But, I'm sure your living right across the border from your spouse somehow trumps the situation we were in. LOL.

I am truly sorry that you had a hard road with this...I am. I wouldn't even try to begin to understand the inner workings of USCIS. You likely got screwed it sounds like. But you have to admit by looking at the timelines of most of the CSC I-130 assignees that they are almost all filed from overseas, and almost all processed expeditiously.

You are obviously still jaded and put off by your experience. Otherwise you wouldn't feel like some newbie to this site was trying to "trump you". That is not my intent, and I don't blame you for feeling upset. I'll likely be in the same spot by the time this is all over.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.