Mohsin.M

Tourist Visa - Travel Expenses

11 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dear All,

I am a businessman and own 20% of the company i manage. Balance 80% is owned by my partner, who is not active.

I am planning to apply for B2 visa to visit my mother in USA.

I remember visa form question from last time, "WHO IS PAYING FOR THE TRIP". Is it OK if i write my company is paying for the trip or should it be that me myself am paying for the trip, as the trip is of personal nature. The expense would primarily be for the ticket, as i would be staying at my sister's place where my mother stays.

I draw monthly salary from company which is transferred to my bank account, however it is not big to keep taxes at minimal, so the balance in my personal bank account is not big. Although as 20% owner i can draw amounts for my use from the company.

Thanks for your help

Edited by emem

Filed: Timeline

If its a biz trip , the Biz could pay for the trip, but proof would be

a good idea to provide, if its to visit mom you or her could pay

it comes down to you have to convince CO that you have a successful

biz when your application goes in, and have proof of strong ties to your

country land, home ,vehicle & that biz registration is in your name also

as part owner. then convince them U will go home after visit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm a teacher. Does it mean that every time I travel to Canada the Board of Ed pays for my trip?

Of course not, I pay based on my salary.

It sounds like YOU are paying for the trip and it is a personal trip to visit your mother, not a business trip

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

I'm a teacher. Does it mean that every time I travel to Canada the Board of Ed pays for my trip?

Of course not, I pay based on my salary.

It sounds like YOU are paying for the trip and it is a personal trip to visit your mother, not a business trip

good luck

Thanks for your feedback

If its a biz trip , the Biz could pay for the trip, but proof would be

a good idea to provide, if its to visit mom you or her could pay

it comes down to you have to convince CO that you have a successful

biz when your application goes in, and have proof of strong ties to your

country land, home ,vehicle & that biz registration is in your name also

as part owner. then convince them U will go home after visit

Thanks for your feedback

Edited by emem

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ha, my wife to be made several trips to the USA on a B1/B2 visa, I paid for her trips, don't recall she ever mentioned who paid for the trips. Of course the ticket had to be in her name.

What they did ask her in applying for her visa was about her family, home ownership, and income with good reason to return to her home country.

May be asked by the POE the reason for your visit, either business or pleasure. When I visit a foreign country, here to see your beautiful country, they like to hear that. USA has quite a tourist industry, and the well to do are very welcomed here.

Timeline

Ha, my wife to be made several trips to the USA on a B1/B2 visa, I paid for her trips, don't recall she ever mentioned who paid for the trips. Of course the ticket had to be in her name.

What they did ask her in applying for her visa was about her family, home ownership, and income with good reason to return to her home country.

May be asked by the POE the reason for your visit, either business or pleasure. When I visit a foreign country, here to see your beautiful country, they like to hear that. USA has quite a tourist industry, and the well to do are very welcomed here.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Dealing with out US federal Internal Revenue Service is an entirely different story. If you can prove it was a business trip, can deduct this off your income to pay less taxes. But if its personal, no deductions permitted.

Unless you are a billionaire, then can deduct your private jet even if you use it to entertain, the people you are robbing from.

Asked If I could deduct the huge expenses I paid to our USCIS, was it business or personal, couldn't lie, personal. Can't deduct it.

Also in the US, want to make darn sure you own at least 34% of your company, if less, your partner and liquidate your company, claim a loss and leave you with nothing, even though you did all the work. Each country has different laws to the percentage, suggest you look into it. If you haven't already.

Edited by NickD

Timeline

Because it sounds like you're committing tax evasion in your home country.

Well you can have any opinion you like.

I don't think keeping tax to the minimal amounts to tax evasion, rather it is known as tax planning.

Cheers

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.