futuremrs15

Need some ecouragement/ RFE/ waiting game

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

In February my fiancé and I recived a simple RFE (missing signature) They have had our documents for about 20 days. I am feeling a little discouraged at the moment. I keep reading of people getting responses in about 2 weeks. We are so close to the end. The past few days keep becoming a let down. Any one been through this and have any words of wisdom? Much needed today.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hang tight. When you least expect it, then it will happen. My husband and I have battled more hurdles during this process then I ever thought imaginable. We have been waiting 717 days. I had finally given up checking emails, etc, and then Monday, NVC completed our case. So I told my husband thats great, so now we wait 2 more months for the interview date because the 15th of the month is drawing near so we will miss next month. Then only 2 days later on Wednesday we get a date. Have faith.

Try to hang in there; it will happen any day now. Do something lovely for yourselves every day you have to wait (a manicure, a nice dessert...give yourself a little reward!) Good luck!

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Hi everyone,

In February my fiancé and I recived a simple RFE (missing signature) They have had our documents for about 20 days. I am feeling a little discouraged at the moment. I keep reading of people getting responses in about 2 weeks. We are so close to the end. The past few days keep becoming a let down. Any one been through this and have any words of wisdom? Much needed today.

I know how upsetting all this waiting is, we also had our odysee with the whole process. But after we have sent the response for the RFE we got approved only 12 days after. Maybe just call them and ask for a tier 2 officer. Good luck and don't lose your hope. It will all happen but I know now it takes a LOT of patience. And that is the hard part for many of us since all we want is to be with the person we love and want to start our new life with. If your case is clear you really have nothing to worry about. Just TIME :clock:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi everyone,

For some reason, when you know you should be nearly there, the last stretch seems so much more difficult. It also doesn't help when you keep seeing other approvals rolling in around yours. Makes you feel a bit invisible,doesn't it? I think the hard part is that all the advice anyone can give is what has already been applied during this long wait (keep busy, take one day at a time, prepare paperwork for the next step ,....) and you get to a point where it doesn't work by way of a distraction from the days rolling along on the calendar. Sometimes you just need a bit of empathy and support. Let's face it, this is a lonely journey. It's just you and your fiance/spouse and nobody else really seems to get it. Fingers crossed for you that you'll hear something soon. We are also waiting. No RFE or anything has come through for us. We are sad because our month is almost completely processed and we were somehow skipped. We feel for you and with you.

We have been waiting 717 days. I had finally given up checking emails, etc, and then Monday, NVC completed our case. So I told my husband thats great, so now we wait 2 more months for the interview date because the 15th of the month is drawing near so we will miss next month. Then only 2 days later on Wednesday we get a date. Have faith.

Oh, my! 717 days? I'm kind of hoping that was a typo :o Congratulations, and about time, too! Here's hoping this last part goes smoothly and quickly for you.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For some reason, when you know you should be nearly there, the last stretch seems so much more difficult. It also doesn't help when you keep seeing other approvals rolling in around yours. Makes you feel a bit invisible,doesn't it? I think the hard part is that all the advice anyone can give is what has already been applied during this long wait (keep busy, take one day at a time, prepare paperwork for the next step ,....) and you get to a point where it doesn't work by way of a distraction from the days rolling along on the calendar. Sometimes you just need a bit of empathy and support. Let's face it, this is a lonely journey. It's just you and your fiance/spouse and nobody else really seems to get it. Fingers crossed for you that you'll hear something soon. We are also waiting. No RFE or anything has come through for us. We are sad because our month is almost completely processed and we were somehow skipped. We feel for you and with you.

Oh, my! 717 days? I'm kind of hoping that was a typo :o Congratulations, and about time, too! Here's hoping this last part goes smoothly and quickly for you.

The 717 days is not a typo. That is how long we have waited. I never dreamed I had that much patients. Now that we are finally almost there all that I have been doing is having nightmares about the interview. I will be glad when this is all over so I can sleep.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.