rjgacek

Wife went back to her home country

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Curious about this. Is there any requirement to inform of green card abandonment? Seems to me that just leaving the country is evidence of abandonment, right?

Sincere apology. my language was probably too harsh with the whole required procedure part. Is it 'required'? No. Strongly recommended. Yes. If you have no intentions of keeping the card- surrender it. . You'll have complications and delays in getting visas. Not planning on getting visas? Ok.

Well, you are required to file (and pay if applicable) taxes- even if you are abroad. So if ROC doesnt apply to you, you can wait for tax time to roll around and fail to file and they will catch up to you and revoke your status.

But why wait? Surrender the card/fill out the form at the embassy.

Simply buying a one way ticket out of the country and waving goodbye USA is not enough to let USCIS know you are not coming back (evidence of abandonment). Lots of reasons to buy a one way ticket. Cheaper, unknown how long you want to stay, multiple destinations, adventure travel seeker, alternate mode of transportation home etc.

She can travel on her GC! There's nothing about that that says abandonment; only what she told the OP. For all anyone knows, that's her plan to get out of his life & then will return to a friend's address & then live with them as she builds her new life & ROCs.

I agree....but also wants to say not every person is taken with the USA like most, some arrive

sniff around and just wants to leave, especially when the choice is another country they can & have

been making it, even-though love should conquer all this. Talk to her, then seek a divorce if U don't

want to move there with her

The OP never mentioned money and it's no one's place to make assumptions like this, sometimes marriages just don't work. The OP seems like a nice guy who just wants to know what to do next, no need to add fuel to the fire.

OP I don't have an answer for you, but I wish you the best. We see so many people in your situation who are Hell bent on revenge, you seem like a nice guy with a good head on your shoulders. Please let us know how it works out for you.

I am sorry if you think this way....Everyone have there own opinion. I am very experiance in this issues. I mean personal experiances not 1 but several. Happen to me, happened to my friends. In origional post i read, he was making comparison between income in Japan and in America. That what i origionally read before.

Anyway, Why do you think it is not working out? Because the girl is not happy here, not releated to him. I am agree he is very nice guy. But she is thinking, She has a PR in Japan, Which is very very difficult to come by, 2nd, In japan you make money just by doing regular jobs. Not 11$ an hour. Plus her friends in japan that she dearly miss. Ofcourse she wants to go back.

I would take her to airport, give her a big hug and good bye for ever and move on.

I tell you easy fix...Since she wants to go back to japan, first please talk to her work things out..Tell her how much you love her and it was not easy bringing her over here. You spend time, Money and you spend 2 years together or more.

thats another topic if you want to move with her to japan. If you dont, then make info pass appoitment, Tell officer she want to go back to Japan and she dont want to live over here. Office will tell you what to do..

Remmember my advice, clear your name, e.g Divorce, take your name off from any immigration documents that you are no longer have any liberlity anymore. Once the green card been taken away...

Buy her a one way ticket back to Japan, take her to airport, get some chocklates, candies. MAKE SURE THE PLAN LEAVES BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE AIRPORT.

After that, go to mainland Phillipines, Get to know a nice, pretty, and kind phillipina and marry her. She will much more appriciate been living in America.

Good Luck:)

Yes, a little help here please. I got married to my filippino wife going through the I-129F Fiancee visa process. Now she has been here almost one year, and we were waiting on preparing soon for the unconditional (10 Year) greencard.

Unfortunately, it has not been working out for the two of course, and she decided to go back to Japan, where she has been residing as a legal resident for the past 10 years before coming here.

So, it looks like all the work we went through to get to this position is down the toilet. Anyways hoping to get a questioned answered:

Do I have to report to the USCIS that my wife has left to go back to where she is more happy in Japan, or do I do nothing?? I am assuming by the time the unconditional process is due, they have to know something, because I am also assuming they do not know if she is trying to stay here illegally.

So, again, do I have to contact the USCIS to inform them of this, or just let it die??

I am sorry, maybe I need to be more clear. She does have her two year greencard. We were just waiting on the unconditional card, when she decided she wanted to go back home to Japan

Many thanks for your help

rjgacek

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I tell you easy fix...Since she wants to go back to japan, first please talk to her work things out..Tell her how much you love her and it was not easy bringing her over here. You spend time, Money and you spend 2 years together or more.

thats another topic if you want to move with her to japan. If you dont, then make info pass appoitment, Tell officer she want to go back to Japan and she dont want to live over here. Office will tell you what to do..

Remmember my advice, clear your name, e.g Divorce, take your name off from any immigration documents that you are no longer have any liberlity anymore. Once the green card been taken away...

Buy her a one way ticket back to Japan, take her to airport, get some chocklates, candies. MAKE SURE THE PLAN LEAVES BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE AIRPORT.

After that, go to mainland Phillipines, Get to know a nice, pretty, and kind phillipina and marry her. She will much more appriciate been living in America.

Good Luck:)

^^What??? ?

Edited by nane1104

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.