CheekyMonkeys154

New but not so new newbie

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys K1 visa here. I've been on the site for a little while but just new to the forums part of it and trying to look around and post. I am from the states and my fiancé is from England. We are going through London UK consulate and hope to have NOA2 soon.just waiting and waiting at TSC. Been looking for more information on steps as to where payment is made etc after noa2 and when to schedule medical etc.. Just wanted to say hi and say thanks for any help in the future ?

Deborah

Edited by CheekyMonkeys

Hi guys K1 visa here. I've been on the site for a little while but just new to the forums part of it and trying to look around and post. I am from the states and my fiancé is from England. We are going through London UK consulate and hope to have NOA2 soon.just waiting and waiting at TSC. Been looking for more information on steps as to where payment is made etc after noa2 and when to schedule medical etc.. Just wanted to say hi and say thanks for any help in the future ?

Deborah

Use this London specific guide. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/

It's a bit old and wobbly with links that have changed, but will still give you the basic procedures for a London K-1. It can't be edited once posted so there are some corrections added at the end to read.

Corrections include--

Don't call the DOS number. They no longer help.

Four photos for medical. One for interview.

Mobile phones, headphones, car keys are now allowed inside the embassy so need to stow items at Gould's Pharmacy.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Use this London specific guide. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/

It's a bit old and wobbly with links that have changed, but will still give you the basic procedures for a London K-1. It can't be edited once posted so there are some corrections added at the end to read.

Corrections include--

Don't call the DOS number. They no longer help.

Four photos for medical. One for interview.

Mobile phones, headphones, car keys are now allowed inside the embassy so need to stow items at Gould's Pharmacy.

Yes I've read that multiple times. Thank you for that! Couple questions. When NOA2 comes and they send it to NVC, I know they assign case number and send on. But at what point can we schedule the medical? And where and when do we pay the visa fee? Also for the photos what size should they be for each? Thanks for the help. Those bits always confuse me.

Yes I've read that multiple times. Thank you for that! Couple questions. When NOA2 comes and they send it to NVC, I know they assign case number and send on. But at what point can we schedule the medical? And where and when do we pay the visa fee? Also for the photos what size should they be for each? Thanks for the help. Those bits always confuse me.

You can only schedule the medical when you have the case number, they won't make an appointment without it and obviously you need your police certificate, vaccination records and 4 passport photographs, they can be uk size, the ones to take to the interview must be US sized visa photographs.

You must not have read the entire London k1 process because you seem to have missed this.

Paying for the Visa

Once you have your interview date, there's one last bit of admin to do and that's to pay your Visa/MRV Fee. Go to this site and follow these instructions:

Hit Register then select the top option.

Enter your details.

Hit Add Applicant and then pick the middle option in the drop-down menu (I need to register a K Visa Appointment)

Fill in the details here too, and then you'll be taken back to the main page.

Hit Continue and select the closest DX Secure depot to your location (You can pay for home delivery afterwards if you want it delivered).

Then enter your appointment information.

Next up is paying the visa fee which is currently £150. Once that's confirmed, you can then print off a copy of the next page as evidence of paying. After that, you also now have the option of paying an extra $30 (currently about £19) for home delivery of the visa. Print off a copy of that receipt too you get sent the confirmations via email as well so you can print those off at a library if you have to.

Congratulations your visa (and home delivery if you selected it) are now paid for.

Please read it again as everything you need to know is in that link.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/

Edited by Cody and Daisy

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

London intends for your file to be received and checked in before your start sending things as noted on their website:

You should only complete these steps if you have received notification from the Embassy confirming that your case file has been received in the Immigrant Visa Unit in London.

The medical people will ask for your LND number when you call for an appointment. You can get that number by calling the NVC. However I would suggest that you know your file is in London before attending the medical. That way the results don't arrive at the embassy before they have your file. Also do have your police certificate and shots done before attending. If you attend after Mar 31, you won't need a flu jab.

Photos- medical people will take US size or UK size as long as all four are the same photo. They attach to the results pages for ID so not issue about size. Embassy requires US size because it will be your visa photo and an official US document.

Pay for the visa and courier online AFTER the interview date has been assigned. There is a separate post in the K1 London guide with a link and steps to follow.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

You can only schedule the medical when you have the case number, they won't make an appointment without it and obviously you need your police certificate, vaccination records and 4 passport photographs, they can be uk size, the ones to take to the interview must be US sized visa photographs.

You must not have read the entire London k1 process because you seem to have missed this.

Please read it again as everything you need to know is in that link.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/

No actually I did read the entire post multiple times. I did see that in there about that but since some things were noted as being different and changes etc and also other information floating about I just want to be sure. Because reading it and understanding and making sure I have the steps down and the timeline down are not the same thing. So I just wanted verification and clarification that I was understanding everything correctly. As I stated I'm still sort of a noob at some parts of this. Thanks again for the help.

London intends for your file to be received and checked in before your start sending things as noted on their website:

You should only complete these steps if you have received notification from the Embassy confirming that your case file has been received in the Immigrant Visa Unit in London.

The medical people will ask for your LND number when you call for an appointment. You can get that number by calling the NVC. However I would suggest that you know your file is in London before attending the medical. That way the results don't arrive at the embassy before they have your file. Also do have your police certificate and shots done before attending. If you attend after Mar 31, you won't need a flu jab.

Photos- medical people will take US size or UK size as long as all four are the same photo. They attach to the results pages for ID so not issue about size. Embassy requires US size because it will be your visa photo and an official US document.

Pay for the visa and courier online AFTER the interview date has been assigned. There is a separate post in the K1 London guide with a link and steps to follow.

Ok awesome, that's what I wanted to make sure. I know it says we can do it before it arrives but I will take your advice and wait to attend medical until it arrives just to be save. Thanks again for the information and clarification . It is much appreciated to you both.

Ok awesome, that's what I wanted to make sure. I know it says we can do it before it arrives but I will take your advice and wait to attend medical until it arrives just to be save. Thanks again for the information and clarification . It is much appreciated to you both.

A guy helped write parts of that guide and he was one for pushing the envelope. I tend to be more conservative and want to follow the plan of the embassy so the ducks get in the proper row. You can certainly book it if you have what you need, but don't pick an appointment that is a few days off should they have an opening. Allow time for your file to get to London.

And if you don't have your shots and shot record yet, work on that appointment first. Some people have found it difficult to get an appointment with their GP or the shot nurse. You will save yourself money and trouble with adjustment of status by having all shots recorded at Knightsbridge.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

A guy helped write parts of that guide and he was one for pushing the envelope. I tend to be more conservative and want to follow the plan of the embassy so the ducks get in the proper row. You can certainly book it if you have what you need, but don't pick an appointment that is a few days off should they have an opening. Allow time for your file to get to London.

And if you don't have your shots and shot record yet, work on that appointment first. Some people have found it difficult to get an appointment with their GP or the shot nurse. You will save yourself money and trouble with adjustment of status by having all shots recorded at Knightsbridge.

Yes I tend to be that way myself. I will play it by ear and see what happens, maybe make an appointment a little way out or just wait. We will see. We are currently working on the shot record and any shots he may need beforehand to save us the headache plus his police certificate. So we are getting those in order now while waiting. NOA2 hopefully will be soon so we would like to have everything ready as well as we can before so we can just try and do it as quickly as we can. Thank you again for the clarification, it does help make sure I was reading it correctly. It really does help having someone that can give you detailed information. Thanks again!

One more thing if I may? I had my company recently provide a letter in regards to my salary and job status. They just recently sent this to me. Will it matter that it's dated a few months before the interview if I have current dated pay stubs to go along with it? Or would I need to see if they will send me one again closer till (I thought it would take longer to obtain) with a closer date on it? Thanks again.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

One more thing if I may? I had my company recently provide a letter in regards to my salary and job status. They just recently sent this to me. Will it matter that it's dated a few months before the interview if I have current dated pay stubs to go along with it? Or would I need to see if they will send me one again closer till (I thought it would take longer to obtain) with a closer date on it? Thanks again.

The letter will be fine. London will happily accept that with nothing more. They aren't that strict on an I-134.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you!

The letter will be fine. London will happily accept that with nothing more. They aren't that strict on an I-134.

Ok great thanks Nich, i was just worried about the date on the letter not being within the last couple months but should be ok. Thanks again for all your help. i think I know what I'm doing now, for the most part. Appreciate it.