YoungMorocco

Pls, I Need an answer about documents and Visa interview fee

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone.
I have 2 questions..
after a long waiting, the NVC finally email me and told me that they
sat an appointment date for my immigrant visa CR-1/IR-1 and that they're sending out my package to the US consulate in Casablanca. i'm surprised that they're requesting only my medical exam, my passport and two photos, since i sent to the NVC all my original documents with translation of every document as ( birth certificate, Police certificate, Court record, Marriage certificate .. ), can anyone please tell me if do i need to bring extra copies of these documents? my second question, is there any visa interview fee to pay at the US consulate of Casablanca before having my interview for CR-1/IR-1?

Timeline

thank you so much for your response, i appreciate it. I was so confused about the interview fee because i read in this link : http://morocco.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas.html

All immigrant visa types have these things in common:

• You must file an application.
  • You must have a medical exam.
  • You will have to pay a visa interview fee.
  • You must have a personal interview at the Consulate.
  • You will need to bring certain basic documents to the interview; see the Document Checklist.

Thanks again and good luck to you as well :)

Timeline

you will not need to bring anything because you already submitted the originals through the NVC. The NVC is going to forward everything they have to the consulate anyway. What you need to bring is whatever they give you on the document list. I just got my husband his visa for Morocco a couple of weeks ago. Basically once the NVC sends everything to Casablanca, Casablanca will then inform you of a list of things that you need to do including your medical and a couple of other documents, I believe the police report the court report divorce decree if you have it marriage license if you have it but if they ask for copies bring copies but I want to say they're going to ask for the original but the NVC has those. As of quite a while ago the NVC was actually saying that you only needed to send them copies but you've already done it so that's okay. Remember the consulate and embassy in Casablanca will send you a list of what you need. Good luck. There are two consulate officer that do interviews there that my husband saw. The male was kind of rude and ornery and would ask the same questions over and over to try to trick him up. He was called in again for a second interview maybe because he is Muslim I don't know but it was more like a special agent kind of an interviewer it wasn't someone like a consular officer in the office.

you will not need to bring anything because you already submitted the originals through the NVC. The NVC is going to forward everything they have to the consulate anyway. What you need to bring is whatever they give you on the document list. I just got my husband his visa for Morocco a couple of weeks ago. Basically once the NVC send everything to Casablanca Casablanca will then inform you of a list of things that you need to do including your medical and a couple of other eye documents I believe the police report the court report divorce decree if you have it marriage license if you have it but they ask for copies bring copies but I want to say they're going to ask for the original but the NVC has those. As of quite a while ago and the NVC was actually saying that you only needed to send them copies but you've already done it so that's okay. Remember the consulate and embassy in Casablanca will send you a list of what you need. Good luck. There are two consulate officer that do interviews there that my husband saw last time you went the mail was kind of rude and ornery and would ask the same questions over and over to try to trick him up. He was called in again for a second interview maybe because he is Muslim I don't know but it was more like a special agent kind of an interview it wasn't someone like a consular officer in the office.

Edited by TiestoSoulmates

Waiver mailed January 17th

Waiver received January 18th

Waiver received from Phoenix to Nebraska Center January 27th

Waiver approved February 17th!!!!!!

this is for a 601 waiver no lawyer assistance and the reason for the expedite is because I need two surgeries one is pre cancer related in addition to I am also bipolar with PSTD and panic disorder and severe depression.

Timeline

I don't know what happened there but just read the bottom thread.

Waiver mailed January 17th

Waiver received January 18th

Waiver received from Phoenix to Nebraska Center January 27th

Waiver approved February 17th!!!!!!

this is for a 601 waiver no lawyer assistance and the reason for the expedite is because I need two surgeries one is pre cancer related in addition to I am also bipolar with PSTD and panic disorder and severe depression.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.