Pishi_Pishi

Admin. processing and following up with embassy on status in person

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

My fiance had his interview in Armenia over 3 months ago. He was put in AP. He was not approved on spot, so we are not sure if AP is on the embassy level or for security checks. I will be flying to see him next week in Armenia as the stress and distance is killing us (going bankrupt soon, lol). I e-mailed embassy to ask if they need anything in addition as we will be visiting and I just got a standard (copy & paste) embassy reply with AP that we need to wait, etc. (They kept all of our evidence, including original papers/photos, etc. CO made a big stink about him not speaking good English and how can we be together. No problem as I understand his broken English perfectly. I myself speak 4 languages and I am good at understanding mistatkes. We spent 5 long amazing vacations together :-)

I flew for his interview last year and I was not let inside. Is there a possibility to make appoitment with a consul general to discuss our case in order to help in any way possible or should I just wait as there is nothing I can do to help. Maybe I could find out if he was approved or not at least on embassy level. Anyone had any luck with following up on case in person? Any suggestions? I am leaving next week. (I'm just having a bad feeling 'cause he was being judged at the interview and was not given an answer, even after he specifically asked.) Thanks in advance.

:luv:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

If the embassy wouldn't let you inside for the interview I doubt they will see you in person while you're on this trip. Believe me I tried at the embassy that finally issued my husband's visa. Check their website I'm sure it says they don't see anyone without an appointment.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You might try the "U.S. Citizen Assistance Unit" or whatever it's called. These units typically have formal hours of business. They tend to be separate from the Visa units. Go in and play the "American" card when you're inevitably put off by the hired help: "Are you a U.S. citizen? No? Then I repeat my insistence that I speak with an American consul in the Immigrant Visa Unit." Be polite but firm, and stare them down. If you try this, let us know how it works.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

As american citizen you have the right to visit the american embassy, go and ask for help at tge american unit.

All embassy has a deparment to help american citizen.

Here in americans can visit their embassy without appoinment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.