Nicolla

Background check

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Sorry Guys, Im new here and Im not sure If Im doing it right.

Id like to ask if anyone knows how to get FBI background check, needed for K1 embassy interview. Im from the Czech Republic and when I was looking at the FBI webside...aw it just confuses me. If anyone can help me, Id be grateful. Anything helps.

Thanks Nicolla

You dont need find fbi background check for embassy.

The embassy and uscis do the background check.

All you need for interview it is police certificate.

Usa do background check for all immigrants

That mean that all agencies check your records or life to see if you dont have nothing to do with terrorisme or other crimes.

I agree. I have never heard of anyone initiating a background check on themselves, especially from the FBI. I think these immigration agencies conduct the background checks on the foreign petitioners.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

its the uscis and the us embassy who gonna do the backround check not you, all what you need to do is to apply for the police certificate from the police station in your area thats all, you dont have to look for the FBI stuufs, good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Thank you so much for all your answers, it was very helpful but I still dont get it, everything tells me that I need the background check from all the countries that I lived in since I was 16. And yes I lived in US, Malta and Czech. am I getting it right? Im so sorry guys Im very confusing person. So please tell me again if I understand it right I dont need background check from US or Malta or Czech at all? Why is it in the list of things to have before going to the embassy interview? :((( so sorry guys.

Do you have a link on where you are getting your information from?

It sounds to me like what you actually need are police certificates and whatever source you are using is calling them background checks. Maybe they mean background check in that the police certificate says that country has no (or mentions the) violations that are known to connect with you. That could kinda mean a background check, but it isn't the same as what you will be given during the immigration process by the US authorities. I don't believe you will ever have access to that background check.

Signature coming soon...

Thank you so much for all your answers, it was very helpful but I still dont get it, everything tells me that I need the background check from all the countries that I lived in since I was 16. And yes I lived in US, Malta and Czech. am I getting it right? Im so sorry guys Im very confusing person. So please tell me again if I understand it right I dont need background check from US or Malta or Czech at all? Why is it in the list of things to have before going to the embassy interview? :((( so sorry guys.

I found this a bit confusing too, and I did therefore obtain an FBI police clearance (as I'd lived in the US for a while in the 90s). But you do not need this, as others have said, you're going to the USA so they do all the checks they need with the FBI (and maybe CIA and whoever else too!).

You would of course need one from Malta and Czech Republic, assuming you lived in Malta over 6 months after you were 16. As others have said, these are generally called "Police certificates" - essentially it lists any criminal convictions, arrests, etc while you were in that country - and if none (hopefully!) it will say "no record" or "no trace" or similar.

Edited by Limey

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

You need police certificate from all country where you have list last 6 months that is all.

You wrote that like saying you need one from where you have lived for the last 6 months.

Correctly put- you need a certificate from any country where you have lived for 6 months or more.

In some countries its 12 months or more so that is embassy specific.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.