107 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

personally I would call the embassy who issued him the visa and ask them their opinion on what you should do or at least let your husband know that's what you're going to do because this sounds to me like it's abuse sweetheart and this is not what you signed up for this is not what you deserve. I will pray for you.

Waiver mailed January 17th

Waiver received January 18th

Waiver received from Phoenix to Nebraska Center January 27th

Waiver approved February 17th!!!!!!

this is for a 601 waiver no lawyer assistance and the reason for the expedite is because I need two surgeries one is pre cancer related in addition to I am also bipolar with PSTD and panic disorder and severe depression.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I really hate this for you and your child.

You do not deserve this, AND.,.,.,it is going to get worse.

I will tell you how to ""wake him up with a dose of reality".,,.,. FILE for divorce, due to the documented things you have said. Be prepared, and move from the home or have him removed. This man is irrational, and might do anything, and he is described as very un-stable.

Get away from him now! Now matter the love you have for him, it will grow to hate, in the very near future if he keeps acting worse.

I agree with other members, he just wants his GC.,.,.,it is the only reason he came here, as one poster said, his behavior is a "learned behavior!"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

personally I would call the embassy who issued him the visa and ask them their opinion on what you should do or at least let your husband know that's what you're going to do because this sounds to me like it's abuse sweetheart and this is not what you signed up for this is not what you deserve. I will pray for you.

This is not an embassy issue. The embassy issues visas and does not do marriage counseling !

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

there's got to be at least 1 church in Houston that focuses on people from the DR.

I suggest you keep digging, looking for it. And then go with him. Why? He'll have a few hours to dig in, there, with the possibility of making new friends from the DR. and new connections also (which are priceless).

How to find the church? Beats me..

gotta love darnell.

sorry to tell you but your hubby isn't in denial, this is part of his being.

this is his reality, best your grow accustom to it. you will not reform him.

even my hubby talks about texans....not good, nor bad, they are just unique people. i think texas has a flavour of its own and you gotta learn to go with the flow. and, personally I love this. each province in canada is unique. different strokes for different folks. if yer hubby can't assimilate with the texan flow then best he be changin' or finding a new place, and maybe that be with god.

join em, you will soon realize the two of you can't be identical twins. heck, no 2 people are alike. appreciate him for what he is and what he offers you. your relationship will grow abundantly.

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

If you're lucky, he's telling the truth. He sounds like a real piece of work. He won't get better. Don't move for him. It would be a terrible, terrible, terrible mistake.

Am I right that your daughter doesn't much care for him? Yes, I am, despite you not even mentioning it. He sounds like a mistake that you can still correct. My guess is you already know what you should do, as do all those in your life who are probably telling you the very same thing.

but then again, expatty has some good council. maybe church is his excuse with hopes that you will buy it. if it isn't, things will only get worse. the writing is on the wall, you daughter smells him, why don;t you?

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with you that racism is unacceptable but she is married to a Dominican as I am married to a Dominicana. Racism towards Haitians is just a fact of life in the Dominican Republic. Since she is married to a Dominican she needs to try to understand the culture of her husband. Educating yourself about a different point of view does not mean justification or acceptance.

He expressed no such bigotry prior to coming here. Bait-and-switch deception: show no racism during courtship...then after marriage the truth comes out.

Crossing international borders makes no difference with this kind of deceit. If you marry someone and discover they are gay, have previous marriages with children, are a member of the Ku Klux Klan or anything serious like this then you are a victim of a con man. It has nothing to do with understanding someone's culture when they are concealing it from you.

Filed: Timeline

I am neer judgmental but see all this as a ploy

A He's going to DR & not coming back = lie...he'll fly

back into NY to be with whomever, NY is waaaay more

expensive, apt living and project living will not suit a Texas

kid...please don't do that the living is nowhere decent as TX

B He has self-hate issues, he's Spanish why is he hating on

Spanish ppl , what will he do with the PRicans & Ecuadorians

when he gets to NY. or NJ

C GC seem to be his motivation, sorry sis seem he will treat

you worst once he has the card, no counseling will help here, this

guy is filled with hate, I say let him go & not raise your kids

around a man like that or its a big mistake, I would run if I have a mate

filled with such hate...U my dear cannot change his hate & along

with self-hate he has a lot more issues, he has no care. he wants

what he wants at your expense, cut your lost & move on, he may

beat U in NY.

D When he goes to NY he will have more complaints, blame you

then leave you after uprooting you. many ppl end up in shelters

during winter, P.schools can be rough, Catholic & Charter schools

cost money, basements are $1100 & 2 bdrms $2200.00, don't do it.

Edited by Jawaree

With all due respect is he going back to visit his DR GF? I mean seriously. This guys will only get worse, I GUARANTEE it!

Don't get me wrong. I want you and your daughter to live happily ever after but I think this guy is not the one to help you with that.

I will pray for you...

He does not have a gf that i know of. I would have been told this. He left kind of suddenly so he still has some unfinished business

8/22/15 Received notice of interview "call in letter" for September 1st 8am

9/01/15 AOS Interview Houston-APPROVED!

9/01/15 Card in production, Welcome notice has been mailed

9/05/15 Welcome Notice Received

9/08/15 Greencard was mailed

9/10/15 GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!

ROC

6/2/17 mailed I-751 to csc priority mail

7/1/17 I-751 returned rejected (multiple items)

7/3/17 I-751 mailed again with signature confirmation

7/6/17 second I-751 delivered and signed for by Daniel Manchaca

7/10/17  Check Cashed

7/10/17  NOA

7/22/17  Biometrics letter for 8/2/17

8/02/17 Biometrics appointment DONE

3/05/18 case moved to local office

8/25/18 Extension letter (18 months)

9/29/18 service request submitted

10/06/18 response to service request

10/11/18  approved. No RFE, no interview

10/16/18  approval letter received in the mail

10/19/18 greencard received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

He does not have a gf that i know of. I would have been told this. He left kind of suddenly so he still has some unfinished business

business? what did he do for a living in DR? The purpose of him coming to the US was to be with YOU and that is the only reason he should be here for, not to be with Dominican people in NYC or NJ. If he wanted to be around Dominican people he should have stayed in DR.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

This is not an embassy issue. The embassy issues visas and does not do marriage counseling !

it is if he didn't come here with the right intentions then he falsified his right to get his visa

Waiver mailed January 17th

Waiver received January 18th

Waiver received from Phoenix to Nebraska Center January 27th

Waiver approved February 17th!!!!!!

this is for a 601 waiver no lawyer assistance and the reason for the expedite is because I need two surgeries one is pre cancer related in addition to I am also bipolar with PSTD and panic disorder and severe depression.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

it is if he didn't come here with the right intentions then he falsified his right to get his visa

The visa was issued and this is now out of the embassy's hands. The guy is here and adjusting status which is done under USCIS who also

do not care about a guy not wanting to live in Texas. Fraud has not been established, only assumed by some posters.

Not all jerks are fraudsters but all fraudsters are jerks. ;) She can divorce and withdraw her affidavit of support which she is not ready to do.

As far as the embassy is concerned...that ship has sailed !

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

there's got to be at least 1 church in Houston that focuses on people from the DR.

I suggest you keep digging, looking for it. And then go with him. Why? He'll have a few hours to dig in, there, with the possibility of making new friends from the DR. and new connections also (which are priceless).

How to find the church? Beats me..

hi,

its not too hard to find the domician community in houston, allow me to offer a suggestion or even better write me directly here and i can tell you where to go to get knowledge of the cultural events and so on.

blessings to you both!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Do not move ! Be prepared for him to leave after he gets his permanant green card. He should not treat you like this ! His hate for others has polluted the love he had for you. He hates Texas, Haitians, Mexicans and poor people. He abuses you because you don't speak Spanish like the DR people do. WHAT?....Why would he put up with all of this torture other than to get a geen card??? I am so sorry.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am neer judgmental but see all this as a ploy

A He's going to DR & not coming back = lie...he'll fly

back into NY to be with whomever, NY is waaaay more

expensive, apt living and project living will not suit a Texas

kid...please don't do that the living is nowhere decent as TX

B He has self-hate issues, he's Spanish why is he hating on

Spanish ppl , what will he do with the PRicans & Ecuadorians

when he gets to NY. or NJ

C GC seem to be his motivation, sorry sis seem he will treat

you worst once he has the card, no counseling will help here, this

guy is filled with hate, I say let him go & not raise your kids

around a man like that or its a big mistake, I would run if I have a mate

filled with such hate...U my dear cannot change his hate & along

with self-hate he has a lot more issues, he has no care. he wants

what he wants at your expense, cut your lost & move on, he may

beat U in NY.

D When he goes to NY he will have more complaints, blame you

then leave you after uprooting you. many ppl end up in shelters

during winter, P.schools can be rough, Catholic & Charter schools

cost money, basements are $1100 & 2 bdrms $2200.00, don't do it.

I agree with A, C, D

B. he is not Spanish, Spanish people are from Spain. He is Spanish speaking and you can be Spanish speaking too if you learn it. He is Dominican, from DR, a Caribbean country that shares the same geographic area as Haiti, Puerto Rico and Cuba, yes the Caribbean. He is not hating on Spanish people, he is hating on Mexicans and Haitians.

Edited by blest.but.strest

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.