107 posts in this topic

He is only going back to visit. He has a roundtrip ticket, but he mentions he is just going to stay in the dr

With all due respect is he going back to visit his DR GF? I mean seriously. This guys will only get worse, I GUARANTEE it!

Don't get me wrong. I want you and your daughter to live happily ever after but I think this guy is not the one to help you with that.

I will pray for you...

Edited by David & Zoila

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

If it matters, it seems the entire Central America really doesn't like Mexicans.

Then there are the people from the city who discriminate the ones from the country or the south from the north it goes on and on..

it matters only to the people who may want to validate their own disproval on another group.

If he dislikes so much Mexicans, why would he work in a Mexican restaurant?

That must be a torture for him, would it not it be better to work at McDonalds or find a Dominican restaurant?

and I agree with the other poster, How is his english?

K

Meet 12/2000; Married 01/2004; AOS 01/2005; R-C 07/2007; Citizen 06/2008
In love for 14 years and happily counting...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I'm so sorry you are going through this. It sounds like something deeper is going on. Where ever he goes in America, he will find races around. What should be helping him cope with that is you. Him seeing you everyday should help him, but it's not. His mindset is off. For example, he works at a Mexican restaurant, a blessing because some can't find a job. He needs to appreciate what he got. Family, job, life in America, but instead his threatening divorce and moving away, I think he has a different motive. Please worry about your kids and your happiness.

http://www.dominicanculturedfw.org/. I believe there is a branch in Houston as well.

I would suggest going to the website www.dr1.com. You can find forums there that talk about relationships with Dominican Men.

If you want to understand his racism towards Haitians just do a Google search on the history of the island. You can also find this information in DR1.

I believe he is just coming to terms with his unrealistic expectations of the USA and his families unrealistic expectations of him.

October 2011 - Met Online :D
November 2011 - First trip to Dominican Republic :dancing:

Jan 25 2014 - Married in Dominican Republic

May 14, 2014 - I-130 sent Phoenix Lockbox

May 16, 2014 - PD from USCIS Website

May 21, 2014 - NOA-1 hard copy received, Nebraska Service Center

Oct 17, 2014 - RFE notification by txt.

Oct 25, 2014 - RFE hard copy received

Oct 27, 2014 - RFE response sent

Oct 28, 2014 - RFE response received and signed for NSC

Nov 04, 2014 - NOA 2 received by txt message

Nov 21, 2014 - NVC received

Apr 06, 2015 - Checklist received from NVC by email

Apr 07, 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

Apr 08, 2015 - Checklist response received and scanned at NVC

May 01, 2015 - Case Complete :dancing:

May 13, 2015 - Received interview letter

June 10, 2015 - CR-1 Approved :dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.dominicanculturedfw.org/. I believe there is a branch in Houston as well.

I would suggest going to the website www.dr1.com. You can find forums there that talk about relationships with Dominican Men.

If you want to understand his racism towards Haitians just do a Google search on the history of the island. You can also find this information in DR1.

I believe he is just coming to terms with his unrealistic expectations of the USA and his families unrealistic expectations of him.

Googling the history of Hispanola won't justify the OP's husbands racism and won't help anyone understand racism. Racism is unacceptable in 2015.

Googling the history of Hispanola won't justify the OP's husbands racism and won't help anyone understand racism. Racism is unacceptable in 2015.

I agree with you that racism is unacceptable but she is married to a Dominican as I am married to a Dominicana. Racism towards Haitians is just a fact of life in the Dominican Republic. Since she is married to a Dominican she needs to try to understand the culture of her husband. Educating yourself about a different point of view does not mean justification or acceptance.

October 2011 - Met Online :D
November 2011 - First trip to Dominican Republic :dancing:

Jan 25 2014 - Married in Dominican Republic

May 14, 2014 - I-130 sent Phoenix Lockbox

May 16, 2014 - PD from USCIS Website

May 21, 2014 - NOA-1 hard copy received, Nebraska Service Center

Oct 17, 2014 - RFE notification by txt.

Oct 25, 2014 - RFE hard copy received

Oct 27, 2014 - RFE response sent

Oct 28, 2014 - RFE response received and signed for NSC

Nov 04, 2014 - NOA 2 received by txt message

Nov 21, 2014 - NVC received

Apr 06, 2015 - Checklist received from NVC by email

Apr 07, 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

Apr 08, 2015 - Checklist response received and scanned at NVC

May 01, 2015 - Case Complete :dancing:

May 13, 2015 - Received interview letter

June 10, 2015 - CR-1 Approved :dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Aren't most Dominicans, Haitians and Mexicans the same race?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

He racist towards other races while he himself an immigrant? As far as i know Texas is the best state to live, work and grow your family. I assure you 100% after he get his green card he will leave. So please do not leave your job, sell your house and move your kids somewhere they will not have any more friends and new environment.

he don't like other races, it is his problem. NJ and New York kinda states areeven more diverse then texas. he gona hate that too.

Why dont he go back to his country where he dont have to worry about living with other races in peace??? Does he thinks he is better then others?

My husband has only been in the u.s. A year. He is dominican and racist against haitians. He hates mexicans too. He hates texas because he says its a poor state and is full of mexicans. When i met him i knew the mexican spanish. So now i know more dominican spanish, but everytime i misspeak a word and use the mexican word he gets angry. He said that haitians and mexicans are alike because they both try to cross illegally.

Sometimes he says he wants to live in ny, or nj where the dominicans are. I have a teen in school so i cant just pack up and move. I also own my house and have a really good job. Sometimes he says he wants a divorce because he feels like he is in a prison. And because i mess up and speak mexican spanish he calls me a mexican, or a mexican lover. Then the next day he tells me he loves me and that we will never be divorced because he promised God that it was forever...

He plans on visiting the DR soon, and says he is not coming back.

Im not sure what to do. Im sure he wont go to counseling. He says why tell your problems to someone else? They cant fix them, only you and your spouse can. I just wish he was less racist and less hateful.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Mexicans, Dominicans, and Haitians can be of any race, they can be black, white, native, even Asian. That having been said, Haiti is very demographically different from the DR. The DR is a former Spanish colony and is, according to Wikipedia, 73% mixed race, 16% white, and 11% black. Most Dominicans speak Spanish. Haiti is a former French colony that was the site of a major slave uprising. Haiti is 70-75% black and most Haitians speak Haitian creole or French. Haiti is also much poorer than the DR and thus many Haitians try to cross the border illegally to work in the, comparatively richer DR>

07/14/2012: Eloped in Texas Hill Country
08/11/2012: Mailed I-130, I-485, and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox
08/13/2012: Package received by Chicago Lockbox
08/14/2012: Priority Date
08/17/2012: Notice of receipt sent
08/21/2012: Biometrics appointment notice sent
08/27/2012: Walk-in biometrics completed
09/19/2012: Interview scheduled for October 26
10/24/2012: EAD production ordered
10/26/2012: Interview in San Antonio. AOS approved!
11/5/2012: USCIS claims green card delivered, nothing in mailbox.
12/5/2012: Service request filed for non-delivered green card.
12/7/2012: Service request replied to (but not delivered).
1/4/2013: Filed I-90, paid another $450
1/24/2013: Biometrics again...
4/1/2013: First Green Card from November finally arrived...

4/22/2013: Replacement Green Card arrived.

8/9/2014: Filed I-751

8/14/2014: Received NOA for I-751

3/12/2015: ROC Approved!

7/18/2016: Sent in N-400 to Texas lockbox

7/21/2016: N-400 delivered

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Im sorry to hear this, it must be extremely disheartening for you. Many here have given wise counsel, especially, "do not quit your job, sell your house or move"

If he won't go for counselling, go for yourself, and, yes, finding a good church with others from the DR could be helpful.

I wish you all the best.

I understand that VJ is not a psychological support site, and that people posting here seek mostly legal advise; but I can't help but ask: do you love him? does he love you? if you love him, how far are you ready to go to accommodate him? does he do anything to show his love to you?

I know it is just an impression, but all i can see is a guy pursuing permanent residence in us. And a girl who is getting to the point where her love is no longer enough to keep excusing him for being a simple a-hole.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

June 2013 - I-130 sent from overseas

January 2014 - applied for AOS/AP/EAD

March 2014 EAD/AP and I-130 approved

May 2014 - AOS approved

Timeline

I agree with you that racism is unacceptable but she is married to a Dominican as I am married to a Dominicana. Racism towards Haitians is just a fact of life in the Dominican Republic. Since she is married to a Dominican she needs to try to understand the culture of her husband. Educating yourself about a different point of view does not mean justification or acceptance.

Racism isn't a culture my friend, it is hatred. Education is key, perhaps her husband and many other Dominicans (and other nationalities) need some education and understand that there shouldn't be any profit, intellectual or monetary off of racism in 2015.

Most Dominicans and Haitians yes, they are all from African and European descent

Timeline

Mexicans, Dominicans, and Haitians can be of any race, they can be black, white, native, even Asian. That having been said, Haiti is very demographically different from the DR. The DR is a former Spanish colony and is, according to Wikipedia, 73% mixed race, 16% white, and 11% black. Most Dominicans speak Spanish. Haiti is a former French colony that was the site of a major slave uprising. Haiti is 70-75% black and most Haitians speak Haitian creole or French. Haiti is also much poorer than the DR and thus many Haitians try to cross the border illegally to work in the, comparatively richer DR>

That 73% mixed race in DR, that you quoted from Wikipedia, are mostly mixed from black and white and would be considered just black in the USA or in Canada, where I am from. So it is really not very demographically different, people in DR are a little bit lighter skin than people in Haiti, but to us Americans and Canadians they are still all black folks. Spanish is a Latin language, French is also Latin language, Dominicans and Haitians are essentially the same people, descendant of slaves from Africa.

Yes I agree with you, Haiti is poorer than DR but DR is a poor country as well. Ignorance is the sole and only problem in this situation.

By the way don't quote anything from Wikipedia, it is just not accurate enough. :)

Edited by blest.but.strest

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

He sounds like an overgrown teenager not a grown man. It's all about him isn't it ?

He is a complainer that is never happy and I would offer him some cheese with that whine followed by a sock to stuff it.

There is no way I would let someone dictate to me what kind of

words I should use or not use when speaking a different language that I am accustomed to.....he gets mad if you use the "wrong words" ? Seriously ?!

I would not want his hatred and prejudice around my child, that would definitely not be a role model.

If he wants to leave I would have only a few parting words : Don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out.

Yeah, money doesn't grow on trees in the USA like he thought and his family wants money.....I would say : deal with it, get over it and act like a

mature man whose focus is on your wife and child.

I have no time for racists and would certainly tell him so without cowering down or worrying about his little old self being 'mad'.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.