17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJers,

I and my USC Fiance are in the process of putting together our I-129F's and are newbies to the K1 VISA process. Please bear with us :)

G-325A Questions:

1. Part 2, Applicant's Residence

Even if I write it down on the form, my address doesn't fit the block. Could I create a "G-325A Supplement" in order to explain this further? If so, how's that?

2. Part 4, Applicant's Employment

I work virtually and not in an office based setup. I work from a computer at home and have US clients. Particularly, I placed one of my clients in the employment part of the form. Will they question this as they reside in CA? Should I write an explanation in a "G-325A Supplement?" Help me please!! :(

Help us please VJers! Our success depends on you! :)

K1:

May 12, 2015: I-129F Sent

May 19, 2015: NOA 1

June 23, 2015: NOA 2

September 22, 2015: Interview (Approved)

AOS:

June 3, 2016: AOS Sent via USPS Express Mail

June 22, 2016: NOA 1

August 19, 2016: EAD/AP Approved

April 25, 2017: AOS Approved

ROC:

February 1, 2019: I-751 Sent via USPS Priority Mail

February 8, 2019: NOA 1

August 24, 2020: Card Received

N400:

March 6, 2022: N-400 Filed Online

March 7, 2022: NOA 1 & Biometrics Reused

October 20, 2022: Interview (Approved)

November 10, 2022: Oath Ceremony

I130 Minor Children:

December 20, 2022: I-130 Filed Online

November 15, 2023: Approval Notice

November 19, 2023: NVC Received

December 11, 2023: DQ'ed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJers,

I and my USC Fiance are in the process of putting together our I-129F's and are newbies to the K1 VISA process. Please bear with us :)

G-325A Questions:

Even if I write it down on the form, my address doesn't fit the block. Could I create a "G-325A Supplement" in order to explain this further? If so, how's that?

I work virtually and not in an office based setup. I work from a computer at home and have US clients. Particularly, I placed one of my clients in the employment part of the form. Will they question this as they reside in CA? Should I write an explanation in a "G-325A Supplement?" Help me please!! :(

Is this the employee whom you are working under the table and not paying taxes on?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/540132-employment-history-on-documents/

Hi VJers,

G-325A Questions:

yes, an additional sheet is allowed. refer to this example for the instructions:

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-G-325A.pdf

No need to explain. But if it makes you feel better, go ahead and write an explanation on the additional sheet then. No harm in doing so.

Timeline

Is this the employee whom you are working under the table and not paying taxes on?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/540132-employment-history-on-documents/

Hi and thanks for your reply. It's not under the table and another company helped me in finding the US client to work for. But, I am a subcontractor. Once the US client hired me, the company has no contact with me anymore whatsoever. The company is paid by the US client to find a VA (virtual assistant) for them on a one-time basis and then the rest is now up to me and the US client. There are no taxes in this type of work as this is done online and there are no laws for this type of work in the Philippines as yet.

Thank you so much! :)

K1:

AOS:

ROC:

N400:

I130 Minor Children:

Timeline

The company is paid by the US client to find a VA (virtual assistant) for them on a one-time basis and then the rest is now up to me and the US client. There are no taxes in this type of work as this is done online and there are no laws for this type of work in the Philippines as yet.

Negative

Philippine Bureau of Internal Revenue says otherwise

http://www.bir.gov.ph/index.php/tax-information/income-tax.html#it002

[return to index]

Who Are Required To File Income Tax Returns

Individuals

• Resident citizens receiving income from sources within or outside the Philippines
    • employees deriving purely compensation income from 2 or more employers, concurrently or successively at anytime during the taxable year
    • employees deriving purely compensation income regardless of the amount, whether from a single or several employers during the calendar year, the income tax of which has not been withheld correctly (i.e. tax due is not equal to the tax withheld) resulting to collectible or refundable return
    • self-employed individuals receiving income from the conduct of trade or business and/or practice of profession
    • individuals deriving mixed income, i.e., compensation income and income from the conduct of trade or business and/or practice of profession
    • individuals deriving other non-business, non-professional related income in addition to compensation income not otherwise subject to a final tax
    • individuals receiving purely compensation income from a single employer, although the income of which has been correctly withheld, but whose spouse is not entitled to substituted filing
    • marginal income earners

Timeline

Negative

Philippine Bureau of Internal Revenue says otherwise

http://www.bir.gov.ph/index.php/tax-information/income-tax.html#it002

[return to index]

Who Are Required To File Income Tax Returns

Individuals

• Resident citizens receiving income from sources within or outside the Philippines
    • employees deriving purely compensation income from 2 or more employers, concurrently or successively at anytime during the taxable year
    • employees deriving purely compensation income regardless of the amount, whether from a single or several employers during the calendar year, the income tax of which has not been withheld correctly (i.e. tax due is not equal to the tax withheld) resulting to collectible or refundable return
    • self-employed individuals receiving income from the conduct of trade or business and/or practice of profession
    • individuals deriving mixed income, i.e., compensation income and income from the conduct of trade or business and/or practice of profession
    • individuals deriving other non-business, non-professional related income in addition to compensation income not otherwise subject to a final tax
    • individuals receiving purely compensation income from a single employer, although the income of which has been correctly withheld, but whose spouse is not entitled to substituted filing
    • marginal income earners

That changes things *sigh*

Now I don't know what to do :(

Can I still write it down on my G-325A though? Will they question this?

Edited by FianceInTraining

K1:

AOS:

ROC:

N400:

I130 Minor Children:

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi and thanks for your reply. It's not under the table and another company helped me in finding the US client to work for. But, I am a subcontractor. Once the US client hired me, the company has no contact with me anymore whatsoever. The company is paid by the US client to find a VA (virtual assistant) for them on a one-time basis and then the rest is now up to me and the US client. There are no taxes in this type of work as this is done online and there are no laws for this type of work in the Philippines as yet.

Yes there are laws for online income revenue....you are required to report your income to BIR.

......and not only that you might also be liable for filing a US Fed. tax return.

Timeline

Yes there are laws for online income revenue....you are required to report your income to BIR.

......and not only that you might also be liable for filing a US Fed. tax return.

Oh my, I don't know what to do now :( Any insight on this would be appreciated.

K1:

AOS:

ROC:

N400:

I130 Minor Children:

I don't think the U.S. is too concerned about your Philippine tax situation as the non-USC beneficiary. As a contractor, I think you would be better off indicating "Self Employed" as you are not an actual employee of the US Client.

As Vol has indicated...the Philippine government does have tax laws for the work you are performing, they are just incredibly bad at enforcing them...

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

That changes things *sigh*

Now I don't know what to do :(

Can I still write it down on my G-325A though? Will they question this?

How did you receive your compensation for services that you provided to your US based clients?

Timeline

I don't think the U.S. is too concerned about your Philippine tax situation as the non-USC beneficiary. As a contractor, I think you would be better off indicating "Self Employed" as you are not an actual employee of the US Client.

As Vol has indicated...the Philippine government does have tax laws for the work you are performing, they are just incredibly bad at enforcing them...

Just write "self-employed" and then what about the other boxes for the question? Shoot, sorry. I'm such a noob!! Sorry so so sorry :( But if you could help me out, I'd be so thankful.

K1:

AOS:

ROC:

N400:

I130 Minor Children:

Timeline

To be truthful the USCIS really don't care if you work or not.

Let me borrow on the most overused phrased in the Philippines, regarding to put you worked or not

"It's Up To You"....

Timeline

To be truthful the USCIS really don't care if you work or not.

Let me borrow on the most overused phrased in the Philippines, regarding to put you worked or not

"It's Up To You"....

What if I'll just write there unemployed? Will that be ok? Or, not really. USC Fiance's support docs pass the 125% line for the poverty thing I can't remember :( Shoot, sorry Vol for this. Noob -_-

K1:

AOS:

ROC:

N400:

I130 Minor Children:

Timeline

They don't care about your income.

You could make a million peso per month and it don't matter for US Embassy

They only care about the Petitioner

Timeline

How did you receive your compensation for services that you provided to your US based clients?

PayPal

They don't care about your income.

You could make a million peso per month and it don't matter for US Embassy

They only care about the Petitioner

Noted. Thank you Vol :)

K1:

AOS:

ROC:

N400:

I130 Minor Children:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.