ashtar0212

Biometrics appointment notice letter after N400 NOA

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

USCIS received my N400 application 02/28. Then they cashed my check on 03/02 and sent me the NOA letter on 03/03. The NOA letter was arrived on 03/09.

I am wondering if anybody can tell from your real experience that, when will the Biometrics appointment notice arrive in your mailbox after the N400 NOA is sent by USCIS?

Due to the extreme weather condition here in NYC it looks like most of my mails are being delayed. Until today I don't see any biometrics letter has been delivered to my address.

My case status is still as below:

"On February 28, 2015, we received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NXX*00xxxxxx, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by March 30, 2015, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283."

Will USCIS update my case status online if they issue a notice letter to ask me for biometrics appointment on a certain date?

Please let me know if I should contact USCIS to push for a biometrics appointment notice, because I see in many other cases, the time sensitivity of receiving biometrics appointment notice is extremely high.

Thank you all and your help is greatly appreciated!

Edited by ashtar0212

Hey there

Most people in the February filers thread got their biometrics notices within 2 weeks of their NOA date. With the extreme weather on the east coast, I wouldn't be surprised if mail was delayed.

USCIS does not update the case status online when biometrics is scheduled.

If you are worried, you can always call and ask them to check, however, based on your NOA date, It seems like you are within the normal timeframe! You can always look through past monthly filer threads to compare your timeline to others who have filed at the same office - that might help!

Hi guys,

USCIS received my N400 application 02/28. Then they cashed my check on 03/02 and sent me the NOA letter on 03/03. The NOA letter was arrived on 03/09.

I am wondering if anybody can tell from your real experience that, when will the Biometrics appointment notice arrive in your mailbox after the N400 NOA is sent by USCIS?

Due to the extreme weather condition here in NYC it looks like most of my mails are being delayed. Until today I don't see any biometrics letter has been delivered to my address.

My case status is still as below:

"On February 28, 2015, we received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NXX*00xxxxxx, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by March 30, 2015, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283."

Will USCIS update my case status online if they issue a notice letter to ask me for biometrics appointment on a certain date?

Please let me know if I should contact USCIS to push for a biometrics appointment notice, because I see in many other cases, the time sensitivity of receiving biometrics appointment notice is extremely high.

Thank you all and your help is greatly appreciated!

________

K1/AOS

February, 06: Sent I-129f package
February, 13: NOA1 Receipt
March, 09: NOA2 Email.
May, 1: Medical
May, 29: Interview! - APPROVED
June, 1: Visa in Hand
July 18: POE, USA
July 27: Filed for AOS after marriage
August 24: NOA1 for EAD, AP and AOS
October 11: EAD card in hand
October 15: Case forwarded to California!
Nov, 15: Green Card Received

ROC:

August 20: ROC sent

August 24: NOA1
September 25: Biometrics!
Nov, 30: ROC Approved

It will come eventually, my appointment came 2 days before actual interview date!!!

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Hey there

Most people in the February filers thread got their biometrics notices within 2 weeks of their NOA date. With the extreme weather on the east coast, I wouldn't be surprised if mail was delayed.

USCIS does not update the case status online when biometrics is scheduled.

If you are worried, you can always call and ask them to check, however, based on your NOA date, It seems like you are within the normal timeframe! You can always look through past monthly filer threads to compare your timeline to others who have filed at the same office - that might help!

Thank you very much for your time in putting in the efforts to answer my questions!

It will come eventually, my appointment came 2 days before actual interview date!!!

Thank you Nancy it sounds a bit interesting.

What was the outcome at last? I mean, how were you being scheduled for an interview without recording your biometrics with USCIS? I am a bit confused here because you said your appointment letter came 2 days before the actual interview, then how you were notified by USCIS that you were ok for an interview without biometrics been recorded? I would appreciate if you could explain in more details!

Thank you Nancy it sounds a bit interesting.

What was the outcome at last? I mean, how were you being scheduled for an interview without recording your biometrics with USCIS? I am a bit confused here because you said your appointment letter came 2 days before the actual interview, then how you were notified by USCIS that you were ok for an interview without biometrics been recorded? I would appreciate if you could explain in more details!

Haha my bad, it is "actual biometrics appointment date."

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.