Tisa

Confusion. Help please

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everyone

So me and my fiancé are having the following situation. At the beginning of January he called uscis to change my German adress since I moved out of my apartment there and are waiting for noa2 with my family in Haiti. I work here as well and I am planning to go back to germany for the interview. My fiancé gave them the adress of my moms house in Germany so that all the letters can go there. Someone took the address down on the phone and said it is changed now and everything is fine. About a month later when I checked our case status online, it said that "the post office returned a notice to uscis because they could not deliver it" and that this could have "a serious affect" on our case. So my fiancé called again and inquired for them to send the letter (whatever is in there) again. Now another month has passed and there is still no notice from them in the mail.my fiancé called a third time today and they said they were gonna try again but they couldn't give him any info on what kind of a notice it is. So now we are really concerned that we won't be able to receive noa2 either when it comes ... We received noa1 as a hardcopy without a problem. Everything is fine with my fiancés address (petitioner) and he did not move. Do you guys have any idea on what is going on ?

Also the tier 2 officer told my fiancé today that it's not possible to change the beneficiaries address via phone and that he has to send a written statement to them. But this is confusing because someone took it down on the phone and didn't say anything about a written statement. Our case history changed right after we changed my address on the phone to "your request to change jnformation on your form I-129f was assigned to an officer" and then "we sent a response to your request to change information on your form I-129f" and then "your request to change info on your form was completed" and then after that it said that the post office returned a misterious notice. We are so confused. What should we do.

Also I would like to ask you guys what exactly the next steps are since noa2 seems to be right around the corner for us. Which documents am I going to have to send to the embassy in Frankfurt as soon as noa2 arrives ? What's going to happen after ? Do you guys think I will be able to schedule my interview first and then fly back to Germany just for the interview ?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thank you

Edited by SarinaB

OK, so... Likely when your Fiance gave your new address on the phone, it was to Tier 1, which are morons. So that Tier 1 Agent probably tried to give it to someone internally at USCIS ("your request to change jnformation on your form I-129f was assigned to an officer") but they wouldn't accept it, because that's not protocol. So that's why the letter was sent ("we sent a response to your request to change information on your form I-129f"). Once the letter shipped, you saw "your request to change info on your form was completed". Then you saw "that it said that the post office returned a misterious notice." That's likely because they sent it to your old address.

As far as what to do once you get NOA2, I recommend reviewing http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Germany&cty=Frankfurt. Additionally, I can say after NOA2, your Fiancee will need to send you stuff, in accordance with what's found here http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide under the Header of What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2). The other thing that will help you is having your Fiance call NVC, about 2 weeks after he gets notification that the Case was sent to NVC, to get your Case #. That is necessary when you have your medical. Lastly, if I'm not mistaken, your medical must be done in Germany. So you'll need to do that & your Interview there. Nothing else must be done in Germany, except that you will need a place to receive your Passport/Visa back after you leave it at the US Consulate in Frankfurt the day of your interview.

Edited by Marco&Bettina

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.