kori

6 months visa for my mother to visit me and baby

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hi,

I am permanent resident due for June 2015.My husband, a citizen, and i are wiling to invite my mother to pay us a visit as from the beginning of June till december 2015.My mother is retired,have a pension and some houses.

Going on my consular website,not much information are given about the supporting documents.So my questions are:
-What are the supporting documents my mom is supposed present?

-what are the documents we should sent to her?

-We are paying for her flight ticket and of course providing accommodation and nutrition.So what should she say when the question is asked ''who sponsors the trip? ''

-Should i mention am the one filling her application?

-Should we make a simple reservation or buy the ticket?

Thank you very much for your input.

Have a great day

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

You can't file an application for your mother's visit, in the sense you can't officially sponsor her on a B visa. She must be able to prove she has enough ties with her home country to satisfy the IO she will return home after her visa.

It will do her no harm telling the IO you're paying for her ticket and that she'll be staying with you - after all she's coming to visit you.

You should not buy her ticket until she has her visa on hand, however she should have travel plans, i.e. she should have travel dates in mind. She should be able to present any documents that might evidence strong ties with her home country, such as house deed and the likes. She should also be able to present proof that she can pay for her stay in the US. Granted, you can pay for her ticket but her income should be such that she should be able to have her own money while she's here.

Also, when mentioning your family and baby, she should not use language that should characterize the motive of her trip as to serve as a baby sitter for you. That's a major flag for the IO. While it's understandable she should want to know her grandchild in person she should not see or represent herself and coming to the US to take care of your chile in any capacity.

There isn't much you can do for her unfortunately. She must be able to be vetted and approved on her own merit, income and evidence.

Good luck!

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

Your mother has to apply on her own merits. She needs to show strong ties to home to overcome the presumption that all applicants intends to immigrate.

Your info is good to show how she can afford the trip, but can not be used as a basis to approve the visa. No one can guarantee a visa.

Do not buy airplane tickets. The US Embassy specifically advise not to buy tickets before getting a visa. Ignore the warning at your own risk. Having tickets does not make the Embassy more likely to issue a visa. The Embassy will not feel bad that your mom has plane tickets and no visa.

Focus on why mom has to go back. Not on you.

Best of luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

You cannot file for her, however, you can be the one who TYPES in all the correct information on her DS-160 and you have to state it on the very last page of it.

Also, she should bring documents proving that she has ties in her home country that would not make her move to the States. You can also send her a letter of invitation stating that you are inviting her to your home and you will be providing her food/housing and pay for her plane ticket ; so technically YOU are the one who is sponsoring the trip. Never buy a ticket unless you are approved for the visa!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.