Janelle2002

Petition seeking treason charges for Iran letter hits 100,000 signatures

25 posts in this topic

hat sure escalated quickly.

Backlash continued to mount Tuesday after 47 GOP senators sent to a letter to Iran’s leaders on Monday warning any nuclear deal wouldn’t be valid without congressional approval.

Not only was a White House petition started urging charges be filed against “against the 47 U.S. senators in violation of The Logan Act in attempting to undermine a nuclear agreement,” but by Tuesday night, it had hit the 100,000 signature threshold required for an official response from the White House.

Screen-Shot-2015-03-10-at-7.38.06-PM-600

The Logan Act, which was enacted in 1799, states “any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.”

The authors of the petition make their case by saying “at a time when the United States government is attempting to reach a potential nuclear agreement with the Iranian government, 47 Senators saw fit to instead issue a condescending letter to the Iranian government stating that any agreement brokered by our President would not be upheld once the president leaves office.

“This is a clear violation of federal law. In attempting to undermine our own nation, these 47 senators have committed treason,” the petition states.

Looks like some Republicans might be going to jail. Now who is going to solve our immigration crisis.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Looks like some Republicans might be going to jail. Now who is going to solve our immigration crisis.

They won't go to jail. :no:

This isn't the first time a dumb stunt like this has been pulled, by either side.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

They won't go to jail. :no:

This isn't the first time a dumb stunt like this has been pulled, by either side.

Drats. I thought I was going to see some real action. I would be glad if they all filed cases against each other and they all went to jail. Maybe then we could get some real politicians in office. lol

Wow - 6000 more signatures in 10 minutes. 100000+ in one day. That's impressive. This thing has a whole lot of steam for something that's not going anywhere.

If we could get this kind of juice of legal immigration reform, it would be nice.

This will catch the "pardon Edward Snowden" petition in no time. That one is almost 2 years old and sitting at 165,309. Of course it hasn't done Snowden any good.

But he wants to come home. I guess Russia isn't all it made itself out to be. lol

Petitions are a fun way to waste time most of the time.

Well, Justin Beiber wasn't allowed back into the U.S. for a little while after the revoke Justin Beiber's green card petition went wild.

It's worth a try. <_<

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I don't think any of them will go to jail, but they should be impeached and their seats vacated. In the least, their leadership should demand their immediate resignation.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

It's all PR... He is happy in Russia living the dream in a democratic society, ruled by none other than Putin! Who wouldn't want to live there!?

But he wants to come home. I guess Russia isn't all it made itself out to be. lol

Well, Justin Beiber wasn't allowed back into the U.S. for a little while after the revoke Justin Beiber's green card petition went wild.

It's worth a try. <_<

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

It's all PR... He is happy in Russia living the dream in a democratic society, ruled by none other than Putin! Who wouldn't want to live there!?

Putin, the almighty. I heard once, he killed a bear with his bare hands. :rofl::rofl:

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I don't think any of them will go to jail, but they should be impeached and their seats vacated. In the least, their leadership should demand their immediate resignation.

Didn't happen before, won't happen this time, or the next. :no:

Just ask the Wicked Witch of the West. ;)

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

It's worth a try. <_<

It might have been more related to the fact that Justin Beiber doesn't have a green card. Not that that should get in the way of a good petition.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It might have been more related to the fact that Justin Beiber doesn't have a green card. Not that that should get in the way of a good petition.

You're no fun ;)