CG&LGG

Expedite request....need help

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Does anyone have experience with expedite requests?

I called USCIS last Monday (3/2/15) and submitted a request for expedite. The customer service rep did not include all of the information in my request so it was declined and I was told in the declination email that I didn't provide sufficient evidence. So I called USCIS back. They told me that 6 days AFTER the decision email I could call back and submit another request and make sure the agent entered all the evidence into the notes. So I just called them (3/10/15). This representative told me that I had to wait THIRTY days from the first declination email to submit another expedite request. So I gave her my original referral number for the original request, she couldn't find it. She said a expedite request has never been submitted with my receipt number. Yet if I go to USCIS.gov and check my case, it clearly shows that the original request was completed on 3/5/15. So she let me submit another one. She said a local office will be in contact with me to ask for the evidence. They never did this during my original request. 5 days after submitting the original request I was sent an email saying it was declined. I never had the opportunity to submit evidence.

So now I have 2 expedite request referral numbers, 3 agent numbers of representatives I spoke to, and a lot of annoyance.

I felt like I met the criteria for expedite because of medical condition and financial hardship, now I feel like I should add USCIS error to the list.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them? Any help would be appreciated.

Naturalization Timeline
02/08/2022 - N-400 submitted online

02/09/2022 - status update (your case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

02/09/2022 - letter received in online inbox - biometrics being reused, no appointment required

08/01/2022 - interview notice received

09/20/2022 - interview scheduled

APPROVED!

09/21/2022 - Oath Ceremony

09/21/2022 - Applied for passport book & card and registered to vote

10/29/2022 - received passport book (not expedited)

11/03/2022 - received passport card

Timeline

Just to confirm you mean USCIS and not NVC?

Correct. USCIS

Naturalization Timeline

02/09/2022 - letter received in online inbox - biometrics being reused, no appointment required

APPROVED!

When you called them, did you speak to anyone at Tier 2?

Timeline

No I just spoke to a customer service rep. Should I call back and ask for tier 2? I didn't even know there was such a thing.

Naturalization Timeline

APPROVED!

No I just spoke to a customer service rep. Should I call back and ask for tier 2? I didn't even know there was such a thing.

Yes. Tier 1 is non-USCIS personnel and are known to be extremely unreliable. Keep insisting you want Tier 2 (actual USCIS Officer). Some would even say they wont/cant transfer you, but you need to insist or call again until you get someone that will transfer you. Heads up though, the hold time to get to Tier 2 might take a while... (some say they waited 2 hours)

Edited by iammrsregie

Timeline

Thank you so much! I will do that tomorrow!

Naturalization Timeline

APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Libya
Timeline

Do not bother making a request by phone. Send it by snail mail in writing and provide hard evidence when you send it in. I was denied twice by phone and approved when I did it this way.

19-Sept-14: I-129F Delivered

23-Sept-14: NOA1 (I-797C ~ Texas Lockbox accepted I-129F)

24-Sept-14: NOA1 (E-mail & Text)

Sent to California Service Center

3-Nov-14: Requested expedite by mailed letter with UN Human Rights Reports (Humanitarian Situation)

14-Nov-14: NOA2 (I-129F Petition Approved ~ E-mail & Text)

1-Dec-14: NVC Received Case

2-Dec-14: NVC Case Number Assigned

9-Dec-14: Embassy Received

3-Feb-15: "Package 3" Received/Turned In

25-Feb-15: "Package 4" - Received Interview Date

19-Mar-15: Interview ~ Approved

27-Mar-15: Visa Issued

Timeline

Do not bother making a request by phone. Send it by snail mail in writing and provide hard evidence when you send it in. I was denied twice by phone and approved when I did it this way.

What is the address and process for sending it my postal mail?

Thanks so much!

Naturalization Timeline

APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I felt like I met the criteria for expedite because of medical condition and financial hardship,

Care to explain the nature of these?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

That's what I tried to do with BOTH customer service reps I spoke to. I asked them to please put the criteria in the notes. They both told me they cannot do that. That a local office will contact me via email asking for the evidence of criteria being met. They told me all they can do it list the actual criteria "medical reason" & "financial hardship" in the notes.

If it gets declines again because of "lack of evidence" then I will know both reps were wrong.

I just don't understand how if I go to USCIS.gov and check my case, it shows my original expedite request being "completed by officer", but they told me yesterday that no request had EVER been submitted.

Naturalization Timeline

APPROVED!

Timeline

My question was more towards the why you are asking for an expedite, what are the bases of the request, if you care to disclose.

My question was more towards the why you are asking for an expedite, what are the bases of the request, if you care to disclose.

I concur. Otherwise it's moot.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Timeline

Medical emergency/condition with financial hardship as a result.

Both reps I spoke to said that 5 days after submitting the request I would be contacted by a local office asking for evidence. I have a physicians letter and a letter from my employer ready to submit. But I never received a request for evidence. It just went straight to declined. And the reason for being declined they said was because I didn't supply evidence. They never gave me the chance to submit it.

Edited by CG&LGG

Naturalization Timeline

APPROVED!

Timeline

Medical emergency/condition with financial hardship as a result.

Both reps I spoke to said that 5 days after submitting the request I would be contacted by a local office asking for evidence. I have a physicians letter and a letter from my employer ready to submit. But I never received a request for evidence. It just went straight to declined. And the reason for being declined they said was because I didn't supply evidence. They never gave me the chance to submit it.

OK, I understand the need for privacy but if you can't devolve a little more information....I would think that you don't have a real basis for an expedite.

If I recall, you wanted an expedite because of your desire for your fiance to be able to spend time with your ill mother here in the States?

That is not any basis I've every read about related to a medical emergency.....usually it is only allowed relative to a medical emergency with the beneficiary and medical care possibilities here in the US that don't exist in their country.

What's the financial hardship?

Anyways.....what exact path did you follow to ask for the expedite? Did you ask for one when you submitted the 129f petition?

Or did you call later and ask for one? Did you ever send in any evidence?......or you asked for one and were never given the opportunity to submit any evidence?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.