BritAbroad2015

Advance Parole Timeline Accuracy - please help!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi,

I was hoping someone could advise me on timeline accuracy for Advance Parole processing. I spoke to the USCIS national customer service centre and they told be they are currently process November 21st 2014 applications. But then, there are Visajourney.com users who have received their AP with applications way after this date, some even in January. I'm an early December application and just looking for some advice and clarity on how long I should expect to wait, I use the timeline as a good way of estimating.... but don't understand why the service centre and visajourney.com information doesn't align.... unless I'm completely missing the point.

Thanks,

Amber

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The EAD and AP are typically approved between 60-90 days. Some can be a bit shorter and some a bit longer.

The timelines here are only a small sampling of the applications the USCIS receives. Plus you have to rely on the users entering accurate information as well. The timelines here are a general guesstimate only.

If you filed the EAD and AP with your AOS, then they will process together into an EAD/AP combo card. This is the tip sheet about the EAD going past 75 days.> http://www.uscis.gov/forms/tip-sheet-employment-authorization-applications-pending-more-75-days

~ Moved from K-1 Process to AOS from Family Based Visas Progress Reports - topic is AOS case status, not K-1 ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for replying, I had an RFE on my I485 application, which I know holds up the process... it just seems strange that I applied right at the beginning of December and now end of January filers are getting their applications approved. That's 2 months difference.... and we were prompt with our return information for RFE. I just don't understand why USCIS say they are only on November applications... but there are January ones processed. Seems that the premise they process first received as stated on their website doesn't hold true by this information. What do you think? Has anyone else had this experience of waiting over 90 days for their AP/EAD?

Thanks,

Amber

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

First, it certainly seems that USCIS does not necessarily process applications as neatly day-by-day as they and we like to think, judging solely from the differences reported here by VJ users. However, just based on USCIS's information, this may explain your wait:

Thanks for replying, I had an RFE on my I485 application, which I know holds up the process...

[from your timeline:]RFE was due to my husband providing tax forms only for the 2 previous years as now he is a student. We had to write why he didn't file a tax form for the most recent tax year.

An explanatory note why he wasn't required to file taxes for the previous tax year was probably a Request for Initial Evidence, which would have reset your clock, according to USCIS:

If USCIS issues a request for initial evidence, the 90-day regulatory timeframe will start over from the date USCIS receives the initial evidence

Mind you, this is based on USCIS's own information, and we've certainly seen that this information is often inaccurate, so I hope, for your sake, that they've not restarted your clock from February.

2015-01-09 mailed AoS package

2015-01-15 e-notification received

2015-01-16 NOA Date

2015-02-04 biometric appointment

2015-03-04 EAD/AP approval email

2015-03-11 EAD mailed

2015-03-16 EAD/AP combo card received

2015-03-26 Interview scheduled online

2015-04-28 Approved for GC at AOS interview

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.