Michells

Citizenship Year & half delay -NYC Help

12 posts in this topic

NYC

Filed November 01 2013

Interview scheduled for 03/ 2014

Interview Cancelled for unforeseen circumstances 03/2014

Made numerous calls and had info pass

told in October 2014 that file was at the filed office and in line for interview

Did another info pass January 2015

Got letter March 2015 that security checks pending?

Could it be that security checks are still pending? Would the file be sent to the field office without the security checks being completed?

I have been given the run around, I really don't know what to do now, this last letter received about the Delayed security check had no timeline, just that I have to wait.

Please let me know what's my best option at this point.

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Read through the last few pages of the April 2013 Filers thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/412738-n-400-april-2013-filers/

And definitely read this post:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/520936-a-decision-has-not-been-made-on-your-application-after-n400-interview/?p=7424500

USCIS is not going to move your case forward unless you push them, unfortunately. You are way outside of any reasonable processing time.

Your next step should be to contact your representatives in Washington. Research your two senators and your house member and see which one of them (if any) has an immigration staffer. Contact that person with all the details of your case and give them some time to get in touch with USCIS.

You can also contact the USCIS-DHS Ombudsman for help.

Finally, you can file a suit and ask a judge to force a decision on your case. You shouldn't do this until you've exhausted all other options.

These steps should push USCIS to make a decision (positive or negative).

Note that if things start moving forward, you may have to redo your biometrics because it's been so long... so expect that possibility.

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

NYC

Filed November 01 2013

Interview scheduled for 03/ 2014

Interview Cancelled for unforeseen circumstances 03/2014

Made numerous calls and had info pass

told in October 2014 that file was at the filed office and in line for interview

Did another info pass January 2015

Got letter March 2015 that security checks pending?

Could it be that security checks are still pending? Would the file be sent to the field office without the security checks being completed?

I have been given the run around, I really don't know what to do now, this last letter received about the Delayed security check had no timeline, just that I have to wait.

Please let me know what's my best option at this point.

Thanks in advance.

Jimmy is right, please follow the steps he provided. If I didn't listen to him, I would still be waiting until today but he gave me brilliant advice and I followed through. I am happy to sign a completed my oath Jan, 2015!!

Good luck!!

ROC:
07/2010....Attorney mailed I-751 divorce waiver
07/21/10...USCIS recvd I-751
07/21/10...NOA1
08/20/10...Bio completed
09/16/10...Recvd RFE, due 10/31
10/26/10...Mailed RFE
10/27/10...RFE delivered to VSC
04/26/11...Interview
05/11/11...APPROVED!!
05/18/11...Card production ordered
05/23/11...Received green card

N400:
04/29/13.. Eligible to file N400
04/26/13...Mailed N400..Dallas, TX
04/28/13...USPS delivered package (Priority mail)
04/29/13...NOA Priority date
05/02/13...Check cashed
05/10/13...Rcvd bio notice
05/30/13...Bio Appt
05/17/13...Walk in bio successful
06/28/13...Placed in line for interview scheduling
08/06/13...Recvd email interview has been scheduled
08/10/13...Recvd Interview letter
09/12/13...N400 Interview
09/12/13...Decision cannot be made
10/21/14...Biometrics (second time)
01/05/15...In line for oath scheduling

01/21/15...Oath Ceremony

01/21/15...Applied Passport

02/05/15..Received Passport

Journey Over!!

Thank you so much for your responses. Do you think it would be easier to re file? since maybe the file has been misplaced. I was also told that once it is outside of normal processing it is unlikely that it will be worked on.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you so much for your responses. Do you think it would be easier to re file? since maybe the file has been misplaced. I was also told that once it is outside of normal processing it is unlikely that it will be worked on.

Absolutely not. You have an active case and refilling would be a waste of $680. If anything, it'll delay your case further.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been waiting for my citizenship approval to file for my husband. We have been married for a year and half now. Do you think I should go ahead and submit his application while being a green card holder and then upgrade after my citizenship is approved? Are there any drawbacks to doing that?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been waiting for my citizenship approval to file for my husband. We have been married for a year and half now. Do you think I should go ahead and submit his application while being a green card holder and then upgrade after my citizenship is approved? Are there any drawbacks to doing that?

Yes you can submit the i130 now. The only drawback is the time you wasted waiting.

Thank you for your reply, will he get anything like a temporary I.D or anything that he could use until he gets green card , sorry for all the questions I just want to make sure I'm doing the rightt thing.

Timeline

Thank you for your reply, will he get anything like a temporary I.D or anything that he could use until he gets green card , sorry for all the questions I just want to make sure I'm doing the rightt thing.

What do you mean by "temporary ID"? Is he adjusting status? Is he in the US now?

Timeline

yes he is in the U.S Now, I'm trying to get his green card, but was waiting until I got citizenship, but that process has been taking very long.

Spouses of Green Card Holders cannot adjust status in the US because they have to be processed according to priority dates (date of filing). If they're priority date happens to become current and they are in the US, they can adjust status provided they have an authorized stay or valid visa.

What visa is he in?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.