laurenmat

Remove Conditional status - WHEN!?

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

So I came into the country on a CR1 on Saturday, all went fine in customs.

The guy who sorted out all my paperwork said that 90 days before our wedding anniversary I have to apply for i-751 but everywhere I've looked says 2 years from when I was granted conditional status. (I am not sure what date that means either?)

I know it's a long way off that I would have to do this but I'm worried (again) as to when I have to do it?

Please would someone be so kind to help me out!

Many thanks

Lauren

event.png

Interview FEB 27TH :dancing:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

You have to use the expiration date that is on your 2 years green card. NOT your wedding anniversary.

To be 100%, you can use the USCIS filling calculator to see the earliest accepted filling date. That means when you can start sending your papers to remove conditions.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/dateCalculator.html

On the field Permanent Resident Anniversary Date, you put the expiration date that appears on your conditional green card.

Edited by Chris & Isa

90 days before your LPR anniversary date (date you entered the country) NOT wedding anniversary you'll need to remove conditions.

To get started - put an empty box in your living room and get into a habit of tossing in documents proving bona fide marriage - bank statements, tax returns, mail addressed to both of you, doctor's notes, DL copies...

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

I know it's a long way off that I would have to do this but I'm worried (again) as to when I have to do it?

Please would someone be so kind to help me out!

Many thanks

Lauren

An easy way to look at it--

1. Your two-year greencard will have an expiration date on it.

2. Send your Removal of Conditions application so that USCIS receives it before the expiration date.

3. They won't accept applications received more than 90 days before the expiration.

So you can apply 90 days early, or 80...52...37...or even 5 days as long as they get it in time.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.