kuk

K1 and B2 visa ?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Benin
Timeline

Me and my gf is been dating online for more 8 months , we will to meet soon . My question is. Is it possible to apply for K1 visa , while I already have a. B2 visa and enter USA , b2 is for multiple entry 5 years but my options are while applying for K1 ,can I use my b2 to stay and meet with her entering USA, when the K1 is evaluated.

Yes, you can use an existing B2 to come and visit. Make sure to not stay longer than allowed at POE and you'll be fine.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline

Nice, We will apply for the petition in the mean time :). I was wondering if I need to stop using b2 when they receive n evaluating the K1 . I hope that is not a visa fraud . Thanks for the reply :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

To apply for a k1 you will have to have met within 2yrs, if you guys have only been dating online then you need to go see her and then you guys can apply for a k1.

Timeline

Dear Sarah

Yes , I know that , that's why I m planning a visit by April with B2, biz visa , friends to meet, medical purpose( I m a patient ) , B 2 is for 5 years non immigrant , multiple entry for 5 years, which is 90 days validity each time I enter USA through the 5 years .

We are willing to apply for K1 after meeting her at USA within 90 days . So if either it takes 6 /10 months , or if rejected then we go for spouse visa might take 1/1.5 year so that by the time I can enter visa multiple while our K1 or spouse visa will be evaluated , while also retaining the B2 visa to renenter USA . So that we can reenter USA b4 they take my passport to the embassy for visa .

Rupok

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.