dokucinic

J1 visa after B2 denial

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Croatia
Timeline

Hello people :)

In November 2014 I have applied for a travel Visa for US ( I had all documents required + letter of affidavit from a person from San Francisco who wrote that when I get to SF he will provide me accommodation so I dont have to pay for a hotel ) , I was refused ( the only good thing is that I was able to change my fligh to Mexico so I went there )
Now, I ve got 12 month internship in 5* hotel in Texas,US
I know that J1 has nothing to do with travel visa, but I believe that I was refused because I am still a student but I have postponed my final year twice because my mother died 3 years ago and I have the right to get monthly income from the country while I have student status + I was working for 2 years on my student contracts. So, I am still a student , gave all the exams , but still have my thesis defense to do.

I am afraid that they will refuse my J1 because obviously when they saw that I dont have any exams left, no activities last two years on my college past two years, just the thesis defense they have refused me and they would do that again. And I m sure that embassy wont give me a chance to explain why I have posteponed ( And I believe that I had good reasons why I was doing it)..

And this time, my father will write a statement that he is paying for my programme, my plane ticket and everything else + list that he is an owner of company , apartment, house, cars and I am legal heir . That has to help or ?

I would be really grateful if somebody can give me some advice.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I went to the US in 2008 for the first time and then again in 2009 both on a J1 visa. I returned home after the programme and applied for a B2 in November 2009 and was denied. I applied for another J1 in the summer of 2010 and it was approved. I was even joking with the consular officer and she asked why I got denied for the visitors visa. She only asked me where I was going to work and how much will I make and then she says approved!

If God takes us to it, He'll bring us through it. He'll never take us where His grace cannot reach and keep us

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is this 'friend' from Frisco still a factor?

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

Congrats on your position.

Many people shop around for visas to get to someone in the US and then "forget" to go home. To combat this, the consulates often require those applying for visas to show strong ties to their home country. Do you intend to return after 12 months? If asked, can you prove you intend to return?

good luck

USCIS
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011

Citizenship

Waited...

Filed: Country: Croatia
Timeline

Thank You!

I am not planning to stay after my internship is done. I would be too afraid to do that + my father is all that I have so I would never do that ( and it would be extremly stupid to stay in US -> final year student -> wouldnt get my degree -> I still have my thesis defense on college)

My dad is going to give a statement with all the things that I have written in the first post, I m a student , he is financing all + paperwork that hotel is sending to me.

What do you think?

Timeline

If you could get a letter from the school it might help

good luck

USCIS
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011

Citizenship

Waited...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.