Two_Idiots

Has the US embassy recieved the application?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Does ustraveldocs.com indicate if a US embassy has recieved a K1 visa application from the NVC? Or is the NVC tracking site together with DHL tracking the only way to obtain this information? We are at the US embassy in Moscow if that matters.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You need to use the CEAC tracker page. It will change to 'Ready' once your embassy has received your file.

You will need your NVC case number for this. If you do not have it - call the NVC and ask if they can provide it for you.

CEAC

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

You need to use the CEAC tracker page. It will change to 'Ready' once your embassy has received your file.

You will need your NVC case number for this. If you do not have it - call the NVC and ask if they can provide it for you.

CEAC

Hi, just one detail: You will change to READY once the electronic case is received (NVC also sends an electronic version of your case). It doesn't necessarily mean they already have the hard case. Once the Embassy receives the physical file and processes it the READY date will change. For instance my first READY status date showed up couple days after my case left NVC, however the date changed (But still on READY status) when I was contacted by the Embassy.

Timeline

Thanks for some good info! I know calling that the NVC to get to case number is the best way to do it. However, we are both in Russia and I am trying to avoid some expensive phone calls. Just hoping there is an alternative way to get the job done :)

Also, I am not sure why this was moved to progress reports. I asked a question about the process itself.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks for some good info! I know calling that the NVC to get to case number is the best way to do it. However, we are both in Russia and I am trying to avoid some expensive phone calls. Just hoping there is an alternative way to get the job done :)

Also, I am not sure why this was moved to progress reports. I asked a question about the process itself.

Do you have Skype? If so, add some credits and will be cheaper to call. When I did that I spent something like 2 dollars for 50 min call from Brazil to NVC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Unfortunately there isn't another option to get the case number fast. You can always wait for the letter from NVC stating that they shipped your case off to the embassy, but that may take a few weeks/a month/never. Some people never receive this at all. I agree with adding Skype credit.

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Timeline

We managed to do something very similar ... some sort of calling card that they sell here in Russia. And the result was unbelievable. I got through on the very first call and was only on hold for 15 minutes! I was in shock! Anyway, got the case number. We have already been shipped. Thanks again. Love this community!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.