babfela

Interview, 864, change of sponsor and filing taxes pleaseee

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello guys

First am happy I finally got here too. I received my cc on feb 19th and last week I received my interview letter for April 7th, Ghana consulate. I have a question for my interview I don't know if anyone can help me here but all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. First of all my hubby is the one migrating.

So here it goes..

At the time I was filling out the I-864 for my hubby I was working a private duty job as a caregiver. I was been paid weekly with no taxes deducted but given a paper stating how many hours I worked the week and my weekly pay. I started this job march ending and took a break from it June, July to visit my husband in Ghana. I came back to the states in August to continue this same job and by the first week of September the patient I was taking care of died.

Anyway so all in all I worked about $10,000. I therefore used my income as financial support for my hubby on the I-864 and to back it up I added the pay stub like stuff I was receiving from this family and since after calculating my yearly pay based on what am being paid weekly, I qualified to sponsor my husband. I then added the pay stub like stuff to the 864 (about 12 weeks work) and to my surprise nvc accepted it. I also added my previous tax returns, 2 years which I had no problem proving anything because I had taxes taken out and could prove.. I also qualified all the previous years to sponsor my husband by the way. Anyway so back to my question, about the first week of September this patient passes away and I decide to go stay with my hubby in Ghana till this long process is done. Now obviously I didn't make as much as I thought I would have as I stated on the 864 but thank God my brother has decided to sponsor us and he meets all the requirements so I will be taking a filled out 864 from him with me to the interview as our sponsor now since I lost my job. Is that possible? Also will I also be asked for a tax return for 2014? If so how do I go about it? I know am certainly going to owe the it's since my job was under the table but I am ready to pay and accept. I have been a worker all my life couldn't get a job and this was the only way I could work to support me Nd my hubby and I took that job. I am in no way and will not hide that to avoid paying taxes.

Please anyone advice me on how I should go about this if I am going to be asked for a tax return, and which form do I file supposing I am filing a tax return. Also I am left to this minute because I couldn't get my pin from the IRS and they wouldn't give it to me over the phone. Anyway that was just by the way. Help me please anyone.

Sorry ifor the long question

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from CR-1 Progress Reports to Process forum *****

Yes, having a co-sponsor is fine.

You won;t need 2014 taxes unless the interview is after April 15th, but you can certainly show them if you have already filed and they will help.

As to what forms to file for the tax return, I am afraid I am not a tax expert but there are several online tax filing programs out there.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.