9 posts in this topic

hello ..this is my very first time on vj...it seems very helpful ...i am confused here is my story maybe someone can help..

Me and my husband have 2 kids ( we have green cards) since its hard to work with kids here we sent them to BOSNIA to grandmas (kids have green cards as well)WE DIDNT KNOW the limit out of usa so long story short now we filed I130 on april 2014 to get our kids back to usa....we received NVC case number and instructions what to do...am WORRIED will this be a problem in the interview that we didnt get the kids back to use before the status changed they been out of usa 5 yrs..my English is better now i worked in factory a long time ...please give me advise ...do papers need to be in englis (birth certificate )i need to send these no NVC also do kids need to bring all these papers to interview ...am lost...please help..

There are international birth certificates available at the municipality - you'll probably want those for US matters. For immigration, regular birth certificate in Bosnian does NOT need to be translated for interview or sending to NVC.

These days, you send copies of required documents to NVC and the beneficiary brings originals to the interview.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for you're reply s ...MY QUESTION IS WHYYYYY HASNT NVC CHANGED STATUS FROM IN PROCESS OF PAYMENT TO PAID ITS BEEN 2 WEEKS????????

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

thanks for you're reply s ...MY QUESTION IS WHYYYYY HASNT NVC CHANGED STATUS FROM IN PROCESS OF PAYMENT TO PAID ITS BEEN 2 WEEKS????????

Which payment are you talking about pls

Month/Day/Year

12/05/2013 - I-130 Sent

12/09/2013 - Priority Date

02/09/2014 - RFE

03/02/2014 - Response to RFE

03/05/2014 - Received RFE

03/11/2014 - NOA2 - Approved

03/28/2014 - NVC Received my case

04/23/2014 - Received Case No and IIN via mail

02/26/2015 - Received email to pay AOS

03/04/2015 - AOS Paid

03/06/2015 - DS261 submitted

03/13/2015 - Financial Documents and Civil documents sent to NVC

03/16/2015 - NVC Received

03/16/2015 - NVC Scan Date

03/19/2015 - NVC sent confirmation via email

03/20/2015 - Ds260 completed and submitted :)

04/13/2015 - AOS Checklist :cry:

04/15/2015 - Response to Checklist

04/17/20015 - New Scan Date

05/15/2015 - Case complete confirmation via phone :)

05/21/2015 - Received case complete confirmation mail :dancing: :dancing::dancing:

Glory be to God in the Highest!!!

Which payment are you talking about pls

AM CONFUSED I REALLY AM...I PAID $120 .00 ( PAY FEES) AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT SAYS IN PROGRESS .. BUT UNDER PRINCIPAL IT SAYS PAY NOW ) iv APP WHATS iv ???OMG AM LOST

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/IVSummary.aspx

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

AM CONFUSED I REALLY AM...I PAID $120 .00 ( PAY FEES) AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT SAYS IN PROGRESS .. BUT UNDER PRINCIPAL IT SAYS PAY NOW ) iv APP WHATS iv ???OMG AM LOST

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/IVSummary.aspx

I am in the same situation. I paid 2 wks ago and my status is still in process. I have called and was told it will change with time.

I suggest you call (NVC) to hear them out.

Good Luck.

Month/Day/Year

12/05/2013 - I-130 Sent

12/09/2013 - Priority Date

02/09/2014 - RFE

03/02/2014 - Response to RFE

03/05/2014 - Received RFE

03/11/2014 - NOA2 - Approved

03/28/2014 - NVC Received my case

04/23/2014 - Received Case No and IIN via mail

02/26/2015 - Received email to pay AOS

03/04/2015 - AOS Paid

03/06/2015 - DS261 submitted

03/13/2015 - Financial Documents and Civil documents sent to NVC

03/16/2015 - NVC Received

03/16/2015 - NVC Scan Date

03/19/2015 - NVC sent confirmation via email

03/20/2015 - Ds260 completed and submitted :)

04/13/2015 - AOS Checklist :cry:

04/15/2015 - Response to Checklist

04/17/20015 - New Scan Date

05/15/2015 - Case complete confirmation via phone :)

05/21/2015 - Received case complete confirmation mail :dancing: :dancing::dancing:

Glory be to God in the Highest!!!

I am in the same situation. I paid 2 wks ago and my status is still in process. I have called and was told it will change with time.

I suggest you call (NVC) to hear them out.

Good Luck.

WHATS iv THOUGH IS THERE ANY OTHER FEES BESIDES AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, the immigrant visa fee is a separate fee that you have to pay at the NVC stage ($325 per applicant).

Once visa is issued and received, you have to pay the immigrant fee of $165 per applicant for the production of the green card/s. You pay this online via ELIS at the USCIS website.

ok it says PAID but under principal still says PAY omg am confused i called nvc they said it takes 45 days for AGENT step to process THEN I CAN APPLY VISA APPLICATION... is this okk ..ppleassee respond

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.