heather_lorrain

Define *met* per the 34.a of I-129F

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm in the beginning stages of filling out the I-129F form to petition to have my fiance come to this country to so we can get married and live here. I was wondering though if someone who has filled out the form successfully can tell me exactly what they mean by "met" in section 34.a. Yes I have been in physical contact and spent time with my fiance but the first time was only 9 months ago although we have been friends and have talked, emailed, skype etc for over 5 years. We really don't want to wait until 2016 because I know they are picky about the 2 year rule. Unless our 5 years before we physically met does count (I'm hoping it does). Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Heather

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For the I-129F it just means have you been face to face with your fiancee within the last 2 years. 9 months ago is obviously within the last 2 years so there is no problem with that. It doesn't say at least 2 years ago- it is within the last 2 years, so 2 minutes ago all the way back to 729 days ago is fine.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

They are just making sure that you have met face to face within the past 2 years. If you had only had contact through email skype and calls then you wouldnt be eligible to file. But since you have the meeting in person then you have no problems.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

They mean within the last two years from the date you filed I-129f, you have physically visited, and met each other. Face to face can mean skyping,

Skype is not face to face- it is face to computer. Face to face is live and in person.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Do you have proof that you two met in person? Plane tickets, hotel receipts, passport stamps, etc? Since you only met one time, you are going to need to make sure you have it well documented. Pictures are nice, but they don't qualify as proof of having met in person within the time period.

Filed: Timeline

Do you have proof that you two met in person? Plane tickets, hotel receipts, passport stamps, etc? Since you only met one time, you are going to need to make sure you have it well documented. Pictures are nice, but they don't qualify as proof of having met in person within the time period.

Yes I have proof, plus he has been here 3 times and I'm planning on going back to Europe this summer, so its more then the ones time. We have each kept copies of all of our boarding passes and have passport stamps. Thanks for replying, really don't want to make any small mistakes that will cost extra time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.