nb08

From Case Complete to Interview in Mumbai

173 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I just get wawe of happiness through my heart when hear that someone from mumbai with IR/CR 1 ggot approved without any issues.

Congratulations for you and so happy for both of you..

just can't wait for mine.

Thank you so much! & your approved is on the way as well! Just don't get nervous! Good luck!

WooHoo!!!!

She got her visa approved today!!!

Thank the good Lord! Hallelujah

Interview was for 9am, she arrived around 7:30. They looked at her Interview Confirmation letter and said too early, to wait until they announce that timeslot.

At 8am she went again and they asked her to stand in line at this time.

Few minutes later, a guy came out asking for any K-1, there were 5, and to follow him inside.

Document check was done - all good.

Token was given.

1 hour later they called her and asked for I-134

Then later she was called by the American male interviewer.

Short list of questions:

- your name

- his name

- when did you meet before engagement

- tell me about it: listed key people that were there, when it happened, where

- said ok, you're approved :)

Was out of there by 11am

CEAC site shows updated "READY" with today's date (prior to that it showed yesterday's for interview"

Passport status on this site shows "At US Consulate" http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-passporttrack.asp

Thanks everyone and I hope and pray the same easy result for all of you!!!

Congrats!!!! Good luck on your new life together!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Hope someone can answer my questions

I'm sending my documents to my hubby tomorrow

These are the documents I'm sending to my hubby

* AOS (updated)

* Tax transcript 2014

* Employment Letter & Pay stubs

* AOS (NVC already sent those docs to embassy)

* tax transcripts 2013,2012,2011

I'm also sending i130 documents (copies only)

Should I send tax returns too or tax transcripts are fine?

Do I have to notarized any of my documents like passport, naturalization?

Please if i'm missing anything please let me know too..

On P4 they basically wants hubby's civil docs original and copies..

I know embassy didn't requires these documents..But I don't want to get ding on anything..

Answers are appreciated.. :wub:

Lets begin our HAPPY MONTH MAY :):goofy::goofy::goofy:

No, if you will be sending tax transcripts then you do not need to send tax returns. And sometimes people forget that If you are sending in tax returns then you also have to send in W2s as well. So if you have the tax transcripts it's actually what they prefer, and you don't need anything else! Looks like you've got all the bases covered.

If they didn't specifically say in the P4 that they need any of your (petitioner) documents then I wouldn't send them. As far as any of his civil documents pcc, birth certificate, marriage certificate( I think you are a cr1/ir1 case?) i would make sure he has those for the interview just in case if they ask to see the originals.

My husband had copies of everything I had sent to USCIS since the beginning of the entire process & last thing I sent him in the mail was my new AoS and the original civil documents.(I initially brought all the civil documents back with me to the U.S. After marriage and my dad went to India this past January after I had already sent in everything to NVC so I sent the documents back to India for my husband with my dad) So I know he doesn't really need all of that but I made sure he was prepared with all documents.

Good luck to your husband!! Try to keep his nerves down for the interview they more nervous you are, the more they tend to grill you with obvious questions. They also have a habit of asking you the same question but in 10 different ways. Lol. That's exactly what happened to my husband and he wasn't even half as nervous as he could have been going in there!

Timeline

No, if you will be sending tax transcripts then you do not need to send tax returns. And sometimes people forget that If you are sending in tax returns then you also have to send in W2s as well. So if you have the tax transcripts it's actually what they prefer, and you don't need anything else! Looks like you've got all the bases covered.

If they didn't specifically say in the P4 that they need any of your (petitioner) documents then I wouldn't send them. As far as any of his civil documents pcc, birth certificate, marriage certificate( I think you are a cr1/ir1 case?) i would make sure he has those for the interview just in case if they ask to see the originals.

My husband had copies of everything I had sent to USCIS since the beginning of the entire process & last thing I sent him in the mail was my new AoS and the original civil documents.(I initially brought all the civil documents back with me to the U.S. After marriage and my dad went to India this past January after I had already sent in everything to NVC so I sent the documents back to India for my husband with my dad) So I know he doesn't really need all of that but I made sure he was prepared with all documents.

Good luck to your husband!! Try to keep his nerves down for the interview they more nervous you are, the more they tend to grill you with obvious questions. They also have a habit of asking you the same question but in 10 different ways. Lol. That's exactly what happened to my husband and he wasn't even half as nervous as he could have been going in there!

Yes my husband has all the original docs like his BC,Marriage certificate, PCC and all..Yes I'm CR1 (L)

Thank you so much ... (F)(F)(F)(F)

Good luck with POE :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Sep 4th 2014 Wedding 

Oct 31st 2014 I130 sent

Nov 7th 2014 NOA 1

Dec 8th 2014 NOA 2

Dec 23th 2014 NVC received

Feb 4th 2015 Case number 

Feb 5th 2015 DS261 completed 

Feb 6th 2015 AOS fee (paid in process) 

Feb 9th 2015 Sent AOS and IV package 

Feb10th 2015 AOS fee PAID and DS261 reviewed 

Feb 10th 2015 AOS and IV package received(SCAN DATE) Got email confirmation  60days

Feb 11th 2015 IV fee (paid in process) 

Feb 12th 2015 DS260 available 

Feb 12th 2015 IV fee PAID

Feb 16th 2015 DS260 completed 

Mar 20th 2015 Case Complete without checklist 

May 20th 2015 Interview @ Mumbai  (got P4 email 3/25/2015)

May 20th 2015 Result AP (need proof of assets) 

May 29th 2015 Dropped off the docs (Mumbai) 

Jun 1st 2015 Date updated 

Jun 2nd 2015 Visa Issued(Ceac site updated) 

Jun 3rd 2015 Passport ready to pick up

Jun 4th 2015 Visa Picked up 

Jun 4th 2015 GC fee paid

July 4th 2015 POE 

5/3/2017 ROC Package sent

5/15/2017 NOA dated 5/8/2107

6/10/2017 Got biometrics letter _Bio appt 6/23/2017)

6/12/2017 Biometrics  early walk-in

Timeline

Yes my husband has all the original docs like his BC,Marriage certificate, PCC and all..Yes I'm CR1 (L)

Thank you so much ... (F)(F)(F)(F)

Good luck with POE :dancing::dancing::dancing:

That's great! You are well prepared don't worry!

Yes! I have about 11 more days now! I'm getting so anxious. Been trying to pay his green card fee and the website is having issues so once I get that over with its just counting down the days!

Timeline

Congratulations to those who got approved!:)

I was wondering if its ok to use paperclips for putting documents together?

Also, I use wassap to send messages to my wife, and I wanted to know how many pages are needed since we have over 300 pages of chats. Thanks in advance!

Timeline

Hope someone can answer my questions

I'm sending my documents to my hubby tomorrow

These are the documents I'm sending to my hubby

* AOS (updated)

* Tax transcript 2014

* AOS (NVC already sent those docs to embassy)

* tax transcripts 2013,2012,2011

I'm also sending i130 documents (copies only)

Should I send tax returns too or tax transcripts are fine?

Do I have to notarized any of my documents like passport, naturalization?

Please if i'm missing anything please let me know too..

On P4 they basically wants hubby's civil docs original and copies..

I know embassy didn't requires these documents..But I don't want to get ding on anything..

Answers are appreciated.. :wub:

Lets begin our HAPPY MONTH MAY :):goofy::goofy::goofy:

You almost sending everything ... Still check if you have any originals with you ... Like any boarding pass or any bill receipts .. And no you do not need to notarized anything

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations to those who got approved!:)

I was wondering if its ok to use paperclips for putting documents together?

Also, I use wassap to send messages to my wife, and I wanted to know how many pages are needed since we have over 300 pages of chats. Thanks in advance!

Paper clips are okay I think but I'm keeping my my documents in a file folder with many sections. All the documents are just in one folder but in different sections so it would be easy for me to carry that inside.

Well I have taken whatsapp chat of last one year as I don't have anychats before that..lol its almost 100 pages.

Well I don't think they ask for those things as they can be easily modify anyone can cCrestacreat fake one so easily. But we should keep it as everyone else is doing so.

I think solid piece of evidence is their boarding passes and pictures taken together.

I don't have many but like 50-70 pics of his two viists to india.

Timeline

Paper clips are okay I think but I'm keeping my my documents in a file folder with many sections. All the documents are just in one folder but in different sections so it would be easy for me to carry that inside.

Well I have taken whatsapp chat of last one year as I don't have anychats before that..lol its almost 100 pages.

Well I don't think they ask for those things as they can be easily modify anyone can cCrestacreat fake one so easily. But we should keep it as everyone else is doing so.

I think solid piece of evidence is their boarding passes and pictures taken together.

I don't have many but like 50-70 pics of his two viists to india.

Thanks Diyap. I have my interview next week and I want to make sure that I am well prepared. I also don't have many informal pics since we didnt get the chance to travel together. Hopefully, what I have is enough :) thanks for the info and best of luck!

Timeline

Thanks Diyap. I have my interview next week and I want to make sure that I am well prepared. I also don't have many informal pics since we didnt get the chance to travel together. Hopefully, what I have is enough :) thanks for the info and best of luck!

Yes I see my interview is just 2 days ahead of you!!.

Good luck to you too!!

Timeline

Hello guys..

I am done with my interview just before an hour and got approved.

Just wanted to add my review.

My I interview was at 7:30 AM and I reached there by 6:45.

They asked us lo line up at 7 and we go through all security check.

Than an indian officer took all my documents and asked me following questions.

-who is calling you

-where is he now

- when did you married

-hhave you ever been to US or any other country

Than I waited for 45 mins and got interviewed by an american officer. I must say he was so good and greeted me with good morning and smile on face.

He asked me following questions. .

-what does your husband do

-with whom he is staying

-what does her mother and brother do

-where and what did I studied?

that's it than he said those three golden words.. YOU ARE APPROVED. he told me you are all set and will receive your passport in a week and you are good to travel after that!

Timeline

Plz tell me about it.

When I left Embassy I realized they haven't goven me anything.

When I am suppose to get my visa packet.. with passport? I am talking about the packet we are suppose to give at the port of entry!

I am just worried and curious about it.

Timeline

Hello guys..

-who is calling you

-where is he now

- when did you married

Than I waited for 45 mins and got interviewed by an american officer. I must say he was so good and greeted me with good morning and smile on face.

-with whom he is staying

that's it than he said those three golden words.. YOU ARE APPROVED. he told me you are all set and will receive your passport in a week and you are good to travel after that!

Congratulations!! That's awesome! Best of luck on your move to the U.S. and a happy life together!

Our CR1 Journey

Met - 1/14/2010 // Engaged - 3/6/2011

K1 filed - 6/8/11 // Interview @ Mumbai Consulate - 1/5/2012: Denied // USCIS final decision - 3/15/2013; administratively closed and free to file again without prejudice

Married in Delhi - 1/30/2014

Sent I-130: 4/7/2014 NOA 1: 4/10/2014

NOA 2: 11/13/2014 (after 217 days)

NVC Received: 11/26/2014 (13 days from USCIS to the NVC)  // Case # & IIN # received - 12/29/2014 (via phone to NVC) Also sent email to get case transferred to New Delhi

NVC Welcome Letter received: 12/30/2014

Submit DS-261: 12/30/2014 // Paid AOS Bill: 1/2/2015  // Received IV Bill & Paid: 1/13/2015 (CEAC shows PAID 1/15/15) // DS-260 submitted: 1/17/2015

AOS & IV packages sent via FedEx: 1/19/2015  // AOS/IV packages received: 1/21/2015 @ 9:58 am (Signed for by: G. Waters) Scan date: 1/21/2015

60-Day Email from NVC: 1/24/2015 2nd 60-Day Email from NVC: 1/26/2015 (OK...I get it, it's taking 60 days.... sigh)

Reply from NVC re: Transfer to New Delhi : 2/16/2015 (Told to contact New Delhi...49 days wasted for no help at all!)

CASE COMPLETE!!: 3/12/2015 (50 days) // Case Complete Email Received: 3/19/2015 (7 days from CC date)

Interview Date Received via phone inquiry to NVC: 3/24/2015 // Packet 4 (Interview letter/Instructions) received: 3/25/2015

Medical Completed: 3/30/2015 // CEAC status: In transit to Mumbai and shows READY as of 4/1/2015

Biometrics Completed: 5/4/2015 // Received call from Embassy 5/11/2015 asking if we want to transfer to Delhi.....huh? One week prior to interview? Ummm.... no thanks!

INTERVIEW!! 5/18/2015 @ 7:30 am ~ Mumbai Consulate  RESULT: APPROVED!!!

Visa in hand: 05/20/2015 (Yay!) ELIS Fee ($165) paid this day as well

POE: 05/29/2015 Newark 

SSN card received: 6/8/2015 (processed on 6/2/2015) // ELIS shows "Optimized" since 5/30/2015  // ELIS changed to "In Process" 07/14/2015. (E-file received 06/25/15)

GREEN CARD RECEIVED!! 7/30/2015

ROC

Sent:  3/22/2017 | $680 Check cashed: 4/3/2017

NOA1: 3/30/2017 (Rcvd 4/3/2017)

Biometrics Appt letter received: 4/22/2017 - Biometrics date:  5/3/2017 - Done. Hubby said they were super friendly in the Pittsburgh field office! 

Timeline

Plz tell me about it.

When I left Embassy I realized they haven't goven me anything.

When I am suppose to get my visa packet.. with passport? I am talking about the packet we are suppose to give at the port of entry!

I am just worried and curious about it.

diyap,

Congratulations! very happy for you and yours.

Last week during the interview, my fiancee also walked out empty handed so dont worry.

Note, they said it would take 2-3 working days to get the passport. Today is the 3rd day and it's still in the US Consulate but finally the CEAC status shows a change from the interview date to today with status as "Administrative Processing".

Hang in there, the main part is done. Now the difficult part knowing the visa is approved -> waiting for the reunion.

Timeline

Hello guys..

-who is calling you

-where is he now

- when did you married

-with whom he is staying

Congratulations Diyap:) It gives us hope! Thank you for sharing your experience. Wishing you all the best in the US!!

Timeline

Congratulations!! That's awesome! Best of luck on your move to the U.S. and a happy life together!

Thank you so much for your good wishes. . I wish your interview goes as smooth as mine.. good luck to u too.

diyap,

Congratulations! very happy for you and yours.

Last week during the interview, my fiancee also walked out empty handed so dont worry.

Note, they said it would take 2-3 working days to get the passport. Today is the 3rd day and it's still in the US Consulate but finally the CEAC status shows a change from the interview date to today with status as "Administrative Processing".

Hang in there, the main part is done. Now the difficult part knowing the visa is approved -> waiting for the reunion.

That's kind of relief. .

Ohg today my CEAC shows issued.

Hope get my passport soon and finally both of us can be reunited.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.