fbragasilva88

Confused, need help at NVC stage.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey there guys I need your guidance! Even after reading the NVCwiki I still have some questions to make.

Affidavit of support fee:

Right now I am at the NVC part. I have paid Affidavit of support fee, that was $120.00, and it already show as PAID. When I go to payment receipt it gives me a couple of options like “Print Receipt” and “Print Document Cover Sheet”, my questions regarding this fee are: The Receipt and this Cover Sheet are needed to be included in the package?

IV Application Processing Fees:

After I paid the AOS fee, I thought this one would be available to pay, when it will be available?

I-864 form:

I have a few questions about this confusing form to me!

1. Part 3. Information on the Immigrant(s) You are Sponsoring:
    I have nothing to put on Family member 1, 2, 3… Should I leave it Blank or None at every single field?
  1. Part6. Sponsor’s Income and Employment:
    My wife never worked before or made enough money to file taxes but it asks Unemployed since – xx/xx/xxxx should she put her date of birth here, since she was never employed?
  1. Part 5. Sponsor’s Household Size
    For my wife when we add all together is 2 for my co-sponsor would it be 4? My co-sponsor has 2 kids as dependents at her taxes, so is it ok?

4. My co-sponsor will provide me with W2 and form 1040A from 2012,2013,2014. Is it enough or need more documents?

5. I see on the top of I-864 that it will expire at 03/31/2015, will it be a problem? I will be sending this in around 2 weeks, would be better to wait a little bit more and send the new form?

Well I am sorry for all these questions and I appreciated you guys help a lot!

USCIS

04-SEP-2014 --- Marriage!

08-DEC-2014 --- I-130 Sent

17-DEC-2014 --- NOA1

05-JAN-2015 --- NOA2

NVC

17-JAN-2015 --- NVC Recieved

02-MAR-2015 --- Case Activated; Filled DS-261

02-MAR-2015 --- AOS Invoiced ; PAID

03-MAR-2015 --- AOS shows "PAID"

13-APR-2015 --- IV Invoiced ; PAID

14-APR-2015 --- IV shows "PAID"

22-APR-2015 --- Completed DS-260

01-MAY-2015 --- Mailed AOS/IV Packet

04-MAY-2015 --- Scan Date

03-JUN-2015 --- Case Complete!

23-JUL-2015 --- INTERVIEW!!! (Approved)

(ROC)I-751
21-AUG-2017 --- I-751 Sent
22-AUG-2017 --- Check cashed

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Hey there guys I need your guidance! Even after reading the NVCwiki I still have some questions to make.

Affidavit of support fee:

Right now I am at the NVC part. I have paid Affidavit of support fee, that was $120.00, and it already show as PAID. When I go to payment receipt it gives me a couple of options like “Print Receipt” and “Print Document Cover Sheet”, my questions regarding this fee are: The Receipt and this Cover Sheet are needed to be included in the package? -Just the cover sheet.

IV Application Processing Fees:

After I paid the AOS fee, I thought this one would be available to pay, when it will be available? - when the DS-261 is added to the case file.

I-864 form:

I have a few questions about this confusing form to me!

1. Part 3. Information on the Immigrant(s) You are Sponsoring:

I have nothing to put on Family member 1, 2, 3… Should I leave it Blank or None at every single field? - leave blank or put none in each of the first family member's spots

1. Part6. Sponsor’s Income and Employment:

My wife never worked before or made enough money to file taxes but it asks Unemployed since – xx/xx/xxxx should she put her date of birth here, since she was never employed? - that works.

1. Part 5. Sponsor’s Household Size

For my wife when we add all together is 2 for my co-sponsor would it be 4? My co-sponsor has 2 kids as dependents at her taxes, so is it ok? - Your JOINT sponsor is married or not? If not married then the household count is 4, if married then the household count is 5.

4. My co-sponsor will provide me with W2 and form 1040A from 2012,2013,2014. Is it enough or need more documents? -you need the entire tax return or the tax return transcripts. TRT are easily downloaded for free from the IRS website or gotten from an IRS office. They're a bit easier to send than an entire tax return.

5. I see on the top of I-864 that it will expire at 03/31/2015, will it be a problem? I will be sending this in around 2 weeks, would be better to wait a little bit more and send the new form? -there likely will not be a new form and previous editions are accepted.

Well I am sorry for all these questions and I appreciated you guys help a lot!

answers in red.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

NLR, first of all, thank you very much!!

About my joint sponsor being married, yes she is, but they file separately.

So on part 5 it should stay:
Question Answer
1 - 1
2 - 1
3 - 0
4 - 2

5 - 0

6 - 0

7 - 0

8 - 4

Thanks again!

USCIS

04-SEP-2014 --- Marriage!

08-DEC-2014 --- I-130 Sent

17-DEC-2014 --- NOA1

05-JAN-2015 --- NOA2

NVC

17-JAN-2015 --- NVC Recieved

02-MAR-2015 --- Case Activated; Filled DS-261

02-MAR-2015 --- AOS Invoiced ; PAID

03-MAR-2015 --- AOS shows "PAID"

13-APR-2015 --- IV Invoiced ; PAID

14-APR-2015 --- IV shows "PAID"

22-APR-2015 --- Completed DS-260

01-MAY-2015 --- Mailed AOS/IV Packet

04-MAY-2015 --- Scan Date

03-JUN-2015 --- Case Complete!

23-JUL-2015 --- INTERVIEW!!! (Approved)

(ROC)I-751
21-AUG-2017 --- I-751 Sent
22-AUG-2017 --- Check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.