mmorgan

Review on Medisys Montreal

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Had my interview yesterday at Medisys in Montreal. I arrived a few minutes late as a result of not being able to find anywhere to park (not really used to the big city and I don't read french so any signs were useless to me :help: ...turns out there is a parking garage right beside the building that medisys is in, 16$ for the time I was in there plus eating at the A&W a few blocks away :yes: ) Not a problem though, waited about fifteen minutes in line then was called up to the reception desk. Gave them my interview appointment letter (which is now only emailed...threw them off at first but they figured it out :yes: ) passport which they made a copy of, and my immunization records as well as the requisite 5 pictures. Was handed a clipboard with forms to fill out both for their own records and for the consulate. Filled those out and handed them back in, waited maybe 20 minutes then was called back by an older doctor with gray hair and glasses. Made some small talk with him for a few minutes, then literally a three minute check - normal stuff - ears and throat, lungs, heart, abdomen. in and out of his office in about 5 minutes. Back to the waiting area, waited about ten minutes then was called back for my xrays...I was called back the same time as another lady so they could get two ready for xrays at once I guess, and the tech, looking at both of us, rattled off all his instructions in French! I must have had a totally blank and confused look on my face because when he finished he started to turn then looked at me and smiled and said "English?" I nodded my head and said "Please" laughing to myself how they assume everyone can understand French lol...About ten minutes for the xrays then was sent back to the waiting room to wait for the final stage of the medical - bloodwork,eye test, etc. Waited again about ten minutes then was called back to another room. Did the eye test, standard "stand behind the yellow line hold this spoon over your eye read me the smallest line you can read...other eye...good". Pretty easy. Then asked me a few questions, drew one vial of blood (ugh I hate needles!!) and then informed me I had to get the flu shot...tried to talk her out of it explaining I thought I just missed the window where the flu shot was required but there was no convincing her of that!! Oh well, not too big a deal, only an extra 18$...and an extra needle..(did I mention I hate needles!?!?) She explained to me that I had to wait 20 min after the vaccine before leaving then it was off the waiting room, pay, and leave about 335$ poorer...after 20 min of course ;) . Overall, very straight forward, nothing complicated. Most of your time is spent waiting...only had maybe 20 minutes total time actually doing anything but waiting! Staff was very helpful and friendly, now just to go pick up my results Friday morning and off to my interview!!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

thanks for sharing..

07/23/13 - I130 Package Sent

07/27/13 - NOA1

11/18/13 - NOA2

12/16/13 - NVC received Case

01/13/14 - NVC Assigned Case Number, BIN and IIN

01/13/14 - Electronic Processing Request Sent

01/15/14 - DS-261 Available and completed

01/16/14 - AOS bill invoice available and paid

01/17/14 - Electronic Processing Request Accepted

02/03/14 - AOS E-Mailed

02/01/14 - IV bill invoice available and paid

02/04/14 - DS-260 Available and completed

02/04/14 - IV package emailed

04/07/14 - Case Complete

04/08/14 - Medical Complete

04/13/14 - Interview Date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you for the review, I will be there in April.

Married January 15, 2014

USCIS

I130 sent March, 11, 2014 NOA1 March 18

I129F sent April 7, 2014 NOA1 April 14

NOA2 September 10, 2014

NVC received October 1, 2014

NVC

Case # assigned October 17, 2014

Paid AOS and IV October 24, 2014

Submitted electronically November 19, 2014

December 11, 2014 received confirming email receipt of documents

January 26, 2015 checklist for AOS missing info and IV docs (say did not receive)

February 5, 2015 resubmitted IV docs

January 29 resubmitted AOS checklist docs

February 20, 2015 all docs received

February 20, 2015 case complete

February 27, 2015 Case complete email received.

March 2, 2015 Interview email received Interview Date April 17, 2015. Montreal

Medical scheduled April 10, 2015 Montreal

Signed up for courier service.

April 2, 2015 Medisys calls to reschedule medical . ( there is no emoticon that could accurately represent my dismay)

April 6, 2015 Medical rescheduled to April 9

April 9, 2015 Medical complete.

April 17, 2015 Interview and approval.

April 23, 2015 visa received!

May 2, 2015 visa fee paid.

August 1, 2015 POE reunited with my husband.

September 2015 ; 2 year green card received.

ROC

May 4th 2017 package sent to CSC

May 6th 2017 Package received USPS tracking

May 16th 2017 Check cashed

May 18th 2017 NOA1 received dated May 8, 2017

May 27th 2017 Biometrics received appointment June 7th, 2017

June 5th 2017 early walk in biometrics New Orleans

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.