lecilia

covert letter and cover page (merged)

23 posts in this topic

IMPORTANT!
Make TWO copies of the entire package before you send it in. This includes the money orders too. You want to have a perfect replica of the package you are sending in. All Forms that you submit must be originals with original signatures. Supporting Evidence that you submit may be photocopies. Retain ALL original supporting Evidence since the USCIS has the right to check them by issuing an RFE (Request For Evidence). If you receive an RFE, follow the direction exactly, and make two copies of what you sent back. During any future interviews the USCIS may also want to examine the original supporting evidence

ok so it says all that but u know im a dumb brunette a little help can i photo copy everything before i send it off and do it like that i mean i can print everything off again and copy the ones i will be sending off but i do NOT have enough money to do 2 sets of money orders i barley had enough to send the one for the 485 and the 130 forms when they say make including money orders too do i have to i mean i cant afford to get anymore money orders ?

Here's the deal-- you don't want to send anything off without keeping a copy for your records. So get everything ready for the entire packet including the check you are going to send.

That would be --

the signed forms,

the photocopies of your documents like birth certificate, evidence, etc

the check or money order

Then before mailing it, put it on a copy machine page by page and make an exact duplicate. Mail the packet with your signed forms and real check. Put the duplicate in a folder or binder. You only need one duplicate copy.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

IMPORTANT!

Make TWO copies of the entire package before you send it in. This includes the money orders too. You want to have a perfect replica of the package you are sending in. All Forms that you submit must be originals with original signatures. Supporting Evidence that you submit may be photocopies. Retain ALL original supporting Evidence since the USCIS has the right to check them by issuing an RFE (Request For Evidence). If you receive an RFE, follow the direction exactly, and make two copies of what you sent back. During any future interviews the USCIS may also want to examine the original supporting evidence

ok so it says all that but u know im a dumb brunette a little help can i photo copy everything before i send it off and do it like that i mean i can print everything off again and copy the ones i will be sending off but i do NOT have enough money to do 2 sets of money orders i barley had enough to send the one for the 485 and the 130 forms when they say make including money orders too do i have to i mean i cant afford to get anymore money orders ?

" i do NOT have enough money to do 2 sets of money orders"

I'm not sure I follow this comment...when the advice was to make 2 copies of everything...

it mean xerox copies...yes...including xerox copy of the money order...for record purposes.

Did you think it was suggesting to go get new money orders???

It kind of reads that way...

Back to making copies...what I did was I scanned everything into a PDF file,

and kept the file in safe places (my PC, USB drive, and in email) and printed one back up copy

to make it convenient to reference them.

10-04-2013 We met online
11-21-2013 We met in person in Shanghai for 2 weeks

12-13-2013 I-129F packet sent via express

12-19-2013 USCIS NOA #1 (text and email) received

12-24-2013 USCIS assigns Alien Registration Number
12-31-2013 USCIS NOA #1 hard copy received
06-02-2014 USCIS web site shows NOA #2 approval
06-06-2014 USCIS web site shows case sent to NVC

06-xx-2014 Fiancee acquired birth, marriage, and police certificates from local police station (wrong)

06-16-2014 NVC creates case with GUZ### number

06-19-2014 NVC sends case sent to Guangzhou, China
06-24-2014 Received packet 3 express mail from embassy
06-25-2014 Completed DS-160 and paid K1 visa fee

06-26-2014 Mailed packet 3 response back to Embassy

06-26-2014 Requested police certificate from Russian embassy

07-08-2014 Received packet 4 email from Embassy

07-17-2014 Picked up Russian police certificate

07-25-2014 Fiancee medical exam (received MMR & Varicella, but they missed required TD shot)

07-31-2014 Picked up medical exam reports

08-01-2014 Request (correct) birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service (GongZhengChu)

08-06-2014 Picked up birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service

08-14-2014 Passed Interview Guangzhou embassy

09-01-2014 Received passport, visa, & sealed envelope

09-13-2014 POE

09-17-2014 Went to CBP office to get (US entry) I-94 updated correctly

09-18-2014 Applied for Social Security Card
09-19-2014 Applied for Marriage License (via online)
09-25-2014 Received Social Security Card
09-30-2014 Picked up Marriage License
10-09-2014 Marriage by Justice of Peace
10-09-2014 Got Certified Marriage Certificate Copies
10-17-2014 Received a letter from SS office that they need the marriage license
10-09-2014 Applied to change the social security card name
10-24-2014 Went back to SS office to provide the marriage certificate documents again!!!
12-09-2014 Submitted AOS, EAD, and AP
12-16-2014 Received 16 emails and 16 text NOA messages
01-05-2015 Received Biometrics appointment letter for (01-12-2015)
01-12-2015 Had Biometrics (fingerprint & picture) - Required Marriage Certificate!!!
02-17-2015 EAD and AP is approved
02-23-2015 Received AP is approval letter
02-25-2015 Received EAD/AP combo card (expires 02/16/2016)
02-27-2015 Applied for SS card name change (they took her SS card)
02-27-2015 Driver's learner permit test was denied since the SS card was given to SS office for name change
03-17-2015 Received SS card with married name
03-17-2015 Started to change all her accounts to married name
03-23-2015 Received potential interview waiver letter
03-27-2015 DMV rejects learner's permit due to "legal status=pending" and vision test failure
04-05-2015 Vision test for learner's permit
04-06-2015 DPS sent us letter that DHS cleared my wife's status to acquire driver's license.
04-10-2015 Passed Driver Learner's Permit
04-22-2015 Received Driver Learner's Permit ID card (expires 02/16/2016)
08-27-2015 Green Card approved
08-31-2015 Received Green Card "Welcome Notice Was Mailed" letter
09-05-2015 Received Green card
10-26-2015 Passed Driver's License Road Test (on 3rd attempt)
11-03-2015 Received Driver's License (expires 02/16/2022)
11-06-2015 Applied to remove conditional work remark on SS card
11-23-2015 Received updated Social Security Card.
- - - - - - - - - - Pending Future Processing - - - - - - - - - -
05-27-2017 File 10 Year Green Card
08-27-2017 2 Year Green Card Expires
05-27-2018 File USC

I wasn't as efficient as scanning everything. I xeroxed the entire packet in order exactly how it was going to be mailed. Then I put the whole xerox copy in one of those school pocket folder type binders with brads. I put my birth certificate, passport type things back where they live so they could be found for the next time needed. Now I have a binder for each time I sent a packet to USCIS---petition, adjustment of status, removing conditions, naturalization.

The reason you want to do that is because if some disaster happened and it got lost in the mail, you could easily see what was included and do it over without having to remember all the parts again. Or the other reason is because you will start reading on VJ mistakes people made and think ""OMG! I can't remember if I did that or not." You can look at your xerox copy and know exactly what you sent.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

so basically photo copy all of my package that i will be sending off and keep it as a back up in case i need to make another but what do i do about the money orders I DO NOT have money to get a second set so do i just leave that alone or wait untill i send my package off and if something goes wrong try to get rein burs ted or what ?

Edited by lecilia

so basically photo copy all of my package that i will be sending off and keep it as a back up in case i need to make another but what do i do about the money orders I DO NOT have money to get a second set so do i just leave that alone or wait untill i send my package off and if something goes wrong try to get rein burs ted or what ?

Why do you think you need to purchase spare money orders?

Write a check or purchase the required many order. Take the payment (check or money order) to a xerox machine. Lay it on the glass. Press COPY. Save it with the photocopy of the packet.

Put the payment (check or money order) in the envelope with your packet to be mailed.

Or skip making a photocopy of anything. It it not part of the actual process. It is merely a good organizational habit.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

really sorry i dont mean to annoy anyone or anything but thanks alot i have started photo copying everything just dont wana mess anything up u know

really sorry i dont mean to annoy anyone or anything but thanks alot i have started photo copying everything just dont wana mess anything up u know

Not annoyed at all. Just trying to break it down into simpler terms for you.

Are you adjusting status from a K1 visa? You are in the family based visa forum, but you mentioned doing an I-130.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

no im new to this site so have no idea where to post just in need of help fast but im a overstaying VWP entry

ok so i got everything ready for my adjustment of status marriage based one to send just got both my money orders one for $1070 another for $420 but on the pay to the order of who do i write it to ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

ok so i got everything ready for my adjustment of status marriage based one to send just got both my money orders one for $1070 another for $420 but on the pay to the order of who do i write it to ?

US Department of Homeland Security.

question what is the $420 for? AOS is just $1070.00? which includes AOS, EAD AND AP.

$420 for I-130.

OP is AOS from VWP.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

hey guys curious has anyone heard anything about a government shut down im starting to panic now as i plan to send off all my forms I-130 and my aos this week will this effect me if its true does anyone know anything about it help ?

ok so guys i made one but i want to know if its ok please take a look and tell me what you think my document contains this -

cover page

Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status Application with a concurrent I-130 filing.

To Whom It May Concern:
USCIS
P.O. Box 804625
Chicago, IL 60680-4107.
My eligibility is based on admission as visa wavier program tourist without the intent to get married

contents in this envelope include :-

• 2 photographs & receipt for photographs (date on the receipt to show they were taken within 30 days of the filing
• Two money orders in the amount of $1070 and $420 made payable to the Department of Homeland Security

Form I-485: Petition for Alien Relative

Copy of the non US Citizen Spouses Passport (biographical page as well as entry stamps).

Electronic I-94 Copy

A certified copy of marriage certificate.

G-325A filled out, signed and dated.

I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status

I-864, Affidavit of Support
>> Include any additional required supporting documentation

I-765, Application for Employment Authorization,

Form I-130: Petition for Alien Relative

Copy of the Full Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen

G-325A filled out by the US Citizen, signed and dated.

One passport-type photo of the US Citizen.

Evidence of a bonafide marriage Such as

Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship signed with full name address, date and place of birth.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.