waiting4awhile

Addressing TSC Wait Times Directly to TSC Employees

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm a new member here and have been absorbing all the information regarding the disproportionate wait times for K1 filers at the TSC. I only submitted my petition last month, so I already know I'm in for a long wait. It is a really unfair bureaucratic nightmare.

Despite this, I was happy to participate in the recommendations from this post: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/537595-tsc-k1-backlog-what-can-we-do-for-tsc-non-expedites-only/ including signing petitions, contacting federal agencies, the White House, etc.

Now I'd like to suggest an additional route for inquiry. (It's just an idea, and the workload is entirely on those who choose to pursue this, I can't do much more than run additional lead generation tools/lists.) How about networking with TSC employees directly? Meaning appeal to TSC employees with shared or similar education/professional backgrounds, or connections to people you know with such backgrounds.

This route will require a lot of research and carefully orchestrated communication; but this is how favors are dealt everyday in the real world. The other option, spamming the hell out of everybody, although possible, would not be my first choice. A thoughtful, individual approach, in my experience, is more fruitful. But hey, I could be wrong! Especially since their email domain accepts all messages, not just internal ones (see explanation below).

Here is a spreadsheet containing all the data I could mine from LinkedIn today of DHS employees (~250) located in Dallas/Fort Worth, as this is where the TSC is located. It includes:

• Name: See if anyone in your network on Facebook/Twitter/Email contact lists shares a last name for potential connections.
  • Email Address: All have a @dhs.gov domain. I tested a sample of emails to see if they could receive external messages; and luckily, they can. (Woot!)
  • LinkedIn URL: Their professional profile on LinkedIn.
  • Job Title: USCIS employees are listed first, read their job descriptions from their LinkedIn profile to see if they deal with processing or adjudication. However, this list will also include some people who don't work for USCIS directly. It's up to you to determine whether those people are networking-worthy candidates. The only people I removed were those who work for TSA, as most were simply security officers at airports without any management-level clout.
  • Education: Where they went to school - Use this to possibly appeal to shared alumni connections from your network.
  • Groups: Professional groups they are members of on LinkedIn. See if there is any overlap or connections to people you know.
  • Skills: Self-reported skills. See if there is any overlap or connections to people you know.
  • Interests: Self-reported interests. See if there is any overlap or connections to people you know.
  • Previous Employer: Where they have worked besides DHS - Use this to possibly appeal to shared professional connections from your network.
  • FYI sheet 2 contains additional unsorted LinkedIn urls onl, but these are people that work for USCIS directly.

One final note: It looks like USCIS has contracted out a lot of its work to 3rd parties. I have no idea the implications of this on 129F processing, but it's something to consider.

I work in data mining, so I am happy to run additional tools/lists in different geographic areas or with different keywords if you can think of anything else.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Checking the link about the uscis contracting out to third parties takes you to a link for a man named Chibelenga. I could find nothing on him working on 129 Petitions.

On another note if one were to contact or spam or harass an employee that works at TSC it could also back fire. So lets all be considerate of each other and their jobs.

I am sure these employees are doing the best they can considering all they have to do. I think the backlog has more to do with management than anything else and this

is what needs to be addressed. I am always hoping for the best for each one of us on this journey. God bless you.

I-129F Sent: January 20, 2015

I-129F Received: January 21, 2015

NOA1 Text & E-mail Received: January 23, 2015

NOA1 Hardcopy Received: January 31, 2015

NOA2 Message Received July 27, 2015

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Checking the link about the uscis contracting out to third parties takes you to a link for a man named Chibelenga. I could find nothing on him working on 129 Petitions.

On another note if one were to contact or spam or harass an employee that works at TSC it could also back fire. So lets all be considerate of each other and their jobs.

I am sure these employees are doing the best they can considering all they have to do. I think the backlog has more to do with management than anything else and this

is what needs to be addressed. I am always hoping for the best for each one of us on this journey. God bless you.

Hi There,

In regards to the Chibelenga profile, it states:

Balancer
Randstad-JPMorgan Chace (USCIS)
February 2015
– Present (2 months)Lewisville
Working on a Government project processing Immigration and citizenship applications.
Which I agree has nothing to do with K1 applications... it was meant to show that 3rd party contractors process USCIS applications. That was news to me. So that's all.
On another note if one were to contact or spam or harass an employee that works at TSC it could also back fire.

So lets all be considerate of each other and their jobs. I am sure these employees are doing the best they can considering all they have to do.

Yeah, as I said in my original post. Spamming is bad idea. It's hard to bring sarcasm across posts, lol. I really think it's best to just see if you know anyone personally or via a personal connection on the list to contact for inside info.

I think the backlog has more to do with management than anything else and this is what needs to be addressed. I am always hoping for the best for each one of us on this journey. God bless you.

Totally agree! But it also has to do with DACA/DAPA now, as the 129F petition is officially de-prioritzed. See page 8 of this doc: http://cis.org/sites/cis.org/files/Enclosure_Responses.pdf.

Thank you! Good bless you too :)

Edited by naija202

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Totally agree! But it also has to do with DACA/DAPA now, as the 129F petition is officially de-prioritzed. See page 8 of this doc: http://cis.org/sites...e_Responses.pdf.

Thank you naija202 for all those informations. it helps to understand all this wating time.

God bless you

NOA1 date: 9-22-2014

interview: September 18/ approved

visa received: September, 24, 2015

POE: October,5,2015

AOS/EAD/AP: October 29,2015 

EAD/AP approved:01/26/2016 card received: 02/02/2016

AOS approved:02/02/2016

02/09/2016 GC received

ROC/CITIZENSHIP/Passport-refer to my timeline...

I'm Done now, thank you to this wonderful VJ community ...Good luck to everyone....

happy tom and jerry GIF

Texas Service Center TSC

Director: David Roark

Deputy Director: Angela "Kristi" Barrows Chief of Staff: Marnie Drumheller

4141 N. St. Augustine

Phone: (214) 962-2626 Dallas, TX 75227

Fax: (214) 962-1451

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.