bella710

DCF London Current Timeline

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys,

Just wanted to update for everyone else going through their DCF for London.

I-130 Submitted - December 30, 2014

NOA1 - January 6, 2015

NOA2 - February 17, 2015

Packet 3 -

Packet 4-

We are currently waiting for packet 3 with our LND case number and are trying to gather medical and vaccination records for my hubby. The NHS seems to have lost them, so I would suggest requesting those as soon as possible so you don't hit this snag. We already have his police certificate and are preparing the other documents.

Does anyone else have any updates/tips for the DCF London process and current wait times?

Thanks!

----

Just an American girl and a British boy who fell in love, got married, live in London, and want to move to the USA!

Hi Bella.

We filed through London in a similar fashion to you, I'm British and my wife is American. It took about five weeks for my packet 3 to arrive (it's a single page letter) so hopefully you should have it by the end of this month.

I was in a similar position on the vaccines as my records were incomplete so had to have a few to get up to date. If you look at the site of the clinic, they have a list of the jabs your husband needs but you need to read the table at the end carefully as he won't need all of the ones they list earlier in the document. The exact list will depend on his age.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/164203/cons-visa/iv018a_medical.pdf

Any injections at the time of the medical will be charged but I was able to get them done beforehand at a travel clinic at my local surgery and these were free. If he needs an MMR then these are given in two doses a month apart. However, I only had my first one at the time of my medical and they were fine with that. I was able to schedule an appointment for a medical within a week of calling.

The other big thing you'll need to do is get your affadavit of support in order and it looks like you're in the US already so that should make it fairly straightforward. It's a bit more complicated if you're in the UK as you'll need to gather the documents from your co-sponsor or re-establish domicile in advance of your husband coming over. We had to get my wife's taxes filed as that's a requirement of the I-864 and she was able to do ths by visiting the IRS in London and filing there. If you need to do this, be sure to take two copies and have one stamped by them so you can attach it ready for presentation the interview. Note that the IRS is closing their office in London "on or before June 30th" according to the recorded message on their answering service so visit them as soon as possible if you need to. Otherwise you would need to file with the IRS in Austin and wait for a tax transcript which will take longer.

One that's done, you can fill in your D260 on line and he's nearly done. It takes about five days for the results of your medical to reach the Embassy and you can schedule your interview date from there. Mine was about three weeks after my medical but part of that was my delaying the process.

Good luck!

Filed: Timeline

Keynes,

Thank you so much! We actually received our letter late last week and booked the medical. We also managed to wrangle his medical records and vaccine records from the NHS. Now it's just a matter of filling out the online documents, waiting for my tax returns, and scheduling the interview after the medical.

Thank you for the help!

----

Just an American girl and a British boy who fell in love, got married, live in London, and want to move to the USA!

"The other big thing you'll need to do is get your affadavit of support in order and it looks like you're in the US already so that should make it fairly straightforward. It's a bit more complicated if you're in the UK as you'll need to gather the documents from your co-sponsor or re-establish domicile in advance of your husband coming over. We had to get my wife's taxes filed as that's a requirement of the I-864 and she was able to do ths by visiting the IRS in London and filing there. If you need to do this, be sure to take two copies and have one stamped by them so you can attach it ready for presentation the interview. Note that the IRS is closing their office in London "on or before June 30th" according to the recorded message on their answering service so visit them as soon as possible if you need to. Otherwise you would need to file with the IRS in Austin and wait for a tax transcript which will take longer.

One that's done, you can fill in your D260 on line and he's nearly done. It takes about five days for the results of your medical to reach the Embassy and you can schedule your interview date from there. Mine was about three weeks after my medical but part of that was my delaying the process.

Good luck!"

AHHH! Okay, so BIG question here: Do you absolutely NEED a tax transcript? What's different about it from the 1040 that you send in? Everything I've ever used for visas is just the signed 1040 print out from e-filing. Does that mean I need to dig up the e-file page for every year for myself and the joint sponsor?

Me: US Citizen/UK Resident Him: UK Citizen/Intending US Permanent Resident

UK Settlement Marriage (Fiancee) Visa (applied from within USA)

04 Feb 2014: Completed UK Settlement Marriage (fiancée) Visa application on Visa4UK in USA and Paid for Priority Settlement Service via WorldBridge
07 Feb 2014: Biometrics done (sheet stamped) and Documents shipped to Sheffield via UPS
10 Feb 2014: Documents delivered to Sheffield via UPS (8:43 AM Local)
11 Feb 2014: E-mail from Sheffield confirming receipt of documents (11:22 am Local)
18 Feb 2014: Request for Evidence from Sheffield
20 Feb 2014: Returned e-mail with requested evidence to Sheffield
04 March 2014: Decision e-mail received from Sheffield, tracking number received for return documents

(Total processing time with Sheffield= 19 days)

06 March 2014: Return documents & passport received ***VISA APPROVED***

FLR (M) UK Settlement Spouse Visa (applied from within UK)

18 March 2014: Arrived in Manchester UK, Fiancée visa stamped
08 May 2014: Our Wedding Day!!
14 July 2014: FLR (M) sent to Durham, UK received (Part 1, spouse visa)
24 July 2014: Biometrics submitted at Post Office in Bolton UK, given 8 week timeline (would be 16 Sept at latest)
26 August 2014: Received all documents from Durham with passports and letters.
***VISA APPROVED***

27 August 2014: Received BRP via post valid until 2017 (Total processing time: 45 days/6 weeks)

DCF London I-130 CR-1 Spouse US Immigrant Visa (to Greencard LPR)

09 March 2015: Mailed I-130 Petition to US Embassy in London (1st step in obtaining Tom's US Greencard)

10 March 2015 I-130 delivered to US Embassy
13 March 2015: I-130 received, processed, and payment taken (NOA1 dated March 11)

26 March 2015: Mailed ACRO for police certificate

14 April 2015: Received ACRO in post

21 April 2015: I-130 approval notice received! (NOA2 dated April 20, 41 days)

14 May 2015: Letter from Immigrant Visa Unit, LND Number obtained (NOA 3, dated May 12, 3 weeks 4 days from I-130 approval)

15 May 2015L DS 260 filled online, medical appointment made (June 3, 2015) and registered with courier online

03 June 2015: Medical attended and PASSED! (See full review here for disabled immigrant applicant http://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/cr-1-ir-1-dcf-london-spouse-health-issues-858606/#post11665784)

06 June 2015: Knightsbridge confirms via e-mail that the file was delivered to the US Embassy

19 June 2015: Interview date received, courier arrangements made, notified US Embassy of spouse attending and wheelchair ramp assistance required (12 days from Knightsbridge confirm of delivery to Embassy)

14 July 2015: Interview attended and ***VISA APPROVED***!!! (see review here: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=17326)

21 July 2015: Visa delivered

09 November 2015: POE Miami, FL (via cruise ship from Southampton)

AHHH! Okay, so BIG question here: Do you absolutely NEED a tax transcript? What's different about it from the 1040 that you send in? Everything I've ever used for visas is just the signed 1040 print out from e-filing. Does that mean I need to dig up the e-file page for every year for myself and the joint sponsor?

Hi Sarah & Tom.

You don't need a transcript if you have evidence of filing so if you have the 1040 print out then that should be all you need. They could always check it in their systems if they wanted to ensure that the taxes really were filed. You only need to give them the latest year's return for yourself and your joint sponsor.

Our case was a little different (and difficult) as no taxes had been filed as my wife had been in the UK for many years. This meant filing for multiple years which couldn't be done on line but could be done in person with the IRS office at the London Embassy. This meant that it wouldn't get in to the system immediately but having them stamped by the agent is good enough for the I-864. This won't be an option after the London IRS office closes so anyone with multiple years to address will have to post it to Austin and wait for it to be processed with a transcript.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.