ptudisco3

DV2015 + J1 Visa Waiver

4 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi all,

i am new to this website and i think it is really helpful for the community!

I would like to ask some questions and maybe have some help from your expertise.

Currently i am an F1 visa student and i have been selected for the DV2015.

However, since i got also a J1 visa in 2012 now i need first to get the visa waiver through my country embassy.

What i know is that:

1) once my government issues the no-objection-statement it will be sent to the Department of state. It will in turn release the Recommendation letter of waiver, which will be sent to the USCIS office.

2) USCIS will review the case and eventually approve it. If approved, it will issue the I-612 form and mail it to me right?

Now the question that comes is: when i file the I-485 for Adjustment of Status, do i need to include both the recommendation letter from the Department of State AND the I-612 of approved waiver in order to demonstrate that i am no longer under the 2-year rule?

Another general question: Do you think that i have time to get the I-485 approved by 30th sept, considering that i have to go first under the no-objection-statement process? Consider that i just started this.

Thank you to everyone.

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

i am new to this website and i think it is really helpful for the community!

I would like to ask some questions and maybe have some help from your expertise.

Currently i am an F1 visa student and i have been selected for the DV2015.

However, since i got also a J1 visa in 2012 now i need first to get the visa waiver through my country embassy.

What i know is that:

1) once my government issues the no-objection-statement it will be sent to the Department of state. It will in turn release the Recommendation letter of waiver, which will be sent to the USCIS office.

2) USCIS will review the case and eventually approve it. If approved, it will issue the I-612 form and mail it to me right?

Now the question that comes is: when i file the I-485 for Adjustment of Status, do i need to include both the recommendation letter from the Department of State AND the I-612 of approved waiver in order to demonstrate that i am no longer under the 2-year rule?

Another general question: Do you think that i have time to get the I-485 approved by 30th sept, considering that i have to go first under the no-objection-statement process? Consider that i just started this.

Thank you to everyone.

1. Include the I-612 with your package (be sure to make and keep a copy for yourself), attend the interview with the copy of I-612 and the Recommendation Letter from DOS.

2. This question is too broad and general. A lot depends on how soon your country embassy responds to your request, what your CN is which also determines how soon you can file AOS. You should look around for others from your home country who have successfully received the waiver how long that part of the process took.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Thanks Sm1smom,

actually my case number is 32xxx so i expect it pretty soon on the visa bulletin.

One more thing, it might seem silly but i am not sure how to pay the fees. For example either the DOS fee of 330$ whose receipt must be included in the I-485 case, and the application fee of 1070$.

Am i supposed to include just a check with the corresponding amount? I mean ... is it safe so ship a package with such an amount of money inside?

Thank you

Filed: Timeline

Have you filled out and submitted your DS-260 to KCC yet to inform them you're processing AOS? If yes, how long ago, and did you get a response back from KCC? The response would have included instructions with regards to paying the $330 fee to start with.

Anyway, I think it would be in your best interest to find your way over to another forum with a thriving DV AOS community/Thread where there are several other DV selectees processing AOS compared to this. Goggle "forums immigration"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.