6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Hello,

Allow me to explain our situation. We got married in November of last year in Armenia. Followed the instructions and filed an I130 at the Chicago lockbox. USCIS received it on December 10, 2014 of last year. I was in Armenia for a little over three months and I filed from there, and put down my Armenia address. Got the form I797 in late December stating that my case is being processed at the Nebraska service center.

I am now back in the states, and my wife has been pregnant for 10 weeks now. She's all by herself and this separation is very hard on us, especially her. Everytime we talk (and we talk everyday), she cries. She can't sleep well and she throws up often. She's very sensitive and this pregnancy situation doubles her sensitivity. A week ago I called USCIS and asked them to expedite it due to the fact that she's pregnant and has no one to look after her. I just got a letter from them today stating that my request for expedite has been denied. I don't know what else I can do. I would love to go back and stay with her until the visa is approved, but I just got a job and I'm barely making an income. Besides, I am paying for her rent and living expenses. Should I write to my state representative and explain our situation? Will he/she be of any help? Can anyone here give me any advice? Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Pregnancy is not a basis for an expedite.

She has no family or friends who can help?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Hi Boiler,

Thanks for your reply. She has a family far away in another city. It is cold there, services are a few, and it's a 1 bedroom small apartment. We rented an apartment in the capital city of Yerevan where she stays now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like she is missing family and friends, could they visit?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

i know how you feel ,,i am in the same spot,,i am living in Armenia right now with no realatives at all and with 3 kids,,its tough ,,lets just say that i got a lot of health issues from stress,,,i have been waiting for 2 years now,,,and yes its very hard ,,,but i am sorry to say nothing you say will help you make them move faster ,,so she just has to wait.. :cry:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.