JohnR!

Netanyahu Tells Aipac He Intends No Disrespect to Obama

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Oh well, Boehner can always give it another try...

Netanyahu Tells Aipac He Intends No Disrespect to Obama

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/03/world/middleeast/white-house-and-netanyahu-aipac-conference.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday opened his high-profile visit to the American capital by playing down any personal dispute with President Obama, but he said that he had a “moral obligation” to warn against the dangers of an American-brokered nuclear deal with Iran.

Previewing his hotly disputed address to Congress, which is scheduled for Tuesday, Mr. Netanyahu said at the annual conference of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee that he was grateful to Mr. Obama and the United States for their support over the years and never meant to inject partisan politics into the relationship.

He characterized the disagreement over Iran to a fight within a family that would ultimately be overcome.

“My speech is not intended to show any disrespect to President Obama or the esteemed office that he holds,” Mr. Netanyahu told the estimated 16,000 people gathered here. “I have great respect for both.”

He added: “The last thing anyone who cares about Israel, the last thing that I would want, is for Israel to become a partisan issue, and I regret that some people have misperceived my visit here this week as doing that. Israel has always been a bipartisan issue. Israel should always remain a bipartisan issue.”

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Israel is definitely a bipartisan issue. Both parties need to stop licking the boots of IAPAC.

Despite not liking Obama this is one thing he is doing right.

Timeline

I don't know. One of my business associates told me it seemed she had Boehner's man parts hanging from her ears. First Pelosi, now Rice. Soon he'll be known as Squealer of the House...

Was she wearing her Hooter's outfit?

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Much ado about nothing. In the end Bibi's speech was just another installment from a couple of years ago... The Squealer of the House has egg on his face...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/03/03/full-text-netanyahus-address-to-congress/

Its-Time.jpg

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one personal insult removed

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!