I AM NOT THAT GUY

Jordan's King Abdullah "this is a third World War by other means"

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

HOW SHOULD THE WEST RESPOND

ZAKARIA: How should the West handle this? Should this, the response to ISIS be essentially an Arab response, a Muslim response, or should the West be in the lead?

ABDULLAH: This has to be unified. I mean, I've said this to leaders both in the Islamic and Arab world and to the world in general, this is a third World War by other means, this brings Muslims, Christians, other religions together in this generational fight that all of us have to be in this together. So it's not a Western fight. This is a fight inside of Islam where everybody comes together against these outlaws, so to speak, together. And there's a short term part of this, which is the military part of the issue, there is the medium part, which is the security element of it, and then there's a long term element of this, which is obviously the ideological one.

ON CALLING ISIS ‘ISLAMIC’

ZAKARIA: President Obama has gotten into a little trouble, or at least has received some criticism, because he says he doesn't want to call groups like ISIS Islamic extremists because he doesn't want to give them the mantle of legitimacy by acknowledging that they're Islamic. Do you think he's right?

ABDULLAH: I think he is right and I think this is something that has to be understood on a much larger platform, because they're looking for legitimacy that they don't have inside of Islam. When we're asked in this debate, you know, are you a moderate or extremist - what these people want is to be called extremist. I mean, they take that as a badge of honor. If you ask me, am I a moderate or an extremist, I'm a Muslim.

These people in the terms that is being used more and more, these in Arabic are called khawarij. These are in a way outlaws that are on the fringe of Islam, and if you look at sort of the way that they are actually represented inside of our religion, they are, these are sort of takfiris, and takfiris inside of Sunni Islam. If Sunni Islam is 1.5 billion Muslims, they represent only 1 percent. Out of that, maybe 200 to 500 thousand of these people are actually takfiri jihadists. These are the crazies of this element.

So to label Islam under the term of extremists and moderates is actually completely wrong. So I think by making this comparison that they're extremist Muslims actually is working exactly what these people want. No, we are Muslims, I don't know what these people are, but they definitely do not have any relationship to our faith. When Baghdadi, the leader of ISIS, came out with his manifesto, even extremist organizations completely backed away from what he said. So he has nothing to do with the tenets of Islam, which is a religion of tolerance that reaches out to other people.

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2015/03/01/jordans-king-abdullah-this-is-a-third-world-war-by-other-means/

I hope the world rallies behind this strong, decisive leader, not the half-hearted lead-from-behind cheerleader we have in Obama.

Edited by I AM NOT THAT GUY

Filed: Other Timeline

War is not about semantics and superlatives. War started after that. Define the enemy and call them Nancy girls who are really good muslims. But doggone it, we're going to root you out and kill you and eat your lunch. But in the nicest possible way. Not the good muslims, just the bad ones who want everyone to call them bad but the good ones don't but we will call the bad ones bad anyway

Edited by ExExpat

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I hope the world rallies behind this strong, decisive leader, not the half-hearted lead-from-behind cheerleader we have in Obama.

Another dictator, eh?

First Putin, now King Abdullah - is this 'love a dictator' week?

What is truly fascinating here is that King Abdullah is clearly stating that the Obama administration is taking the correct course of action in regards to not only avoiding giving ISIS the credibility of using the negative 'Muslim Extremist' moniker, but also in the policy of supporting the Muslim world in fighting their own fight with these A-holes.

So despite clearly supporting and agreeing with the Obama administration policies and tactics, the poster still thinks that there is good basis for taking a cheap shot.

Edited by ready4ONE

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Timeline

What is truly fascinating here is that King Abdullah is clearly stating that the Obama administration is taking the correct course of action in regards to not only avoiding giving ISIS the credibility of using the negative 'Muslim Extremist' moniker, but also in the policy of supporting the Muslim world in fighting their own fight with these A-holes.

So despite clearly supporting and agreeing with the Obama administration policies and tactics, the poster still thinks that there is good basis for taking a cheap shot.

ODS does that.