TiestoSoulmates

601 Expedite Waiver approved!!!!!! Now What? Told so many things.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

January 17th my husband had his interview in Casablanca Morocco for his visa after the I 130 was approved. Because he had an overstay they denied his visa inadmissible but with the ability to file for a waiver. I had been working on the waiver ever since the I 130 so I was very well prepared and had the package ready to go and overnighted it to Phoenix. I had called the USCIS and ask them where would I send a 601 application in hopes of getting an expedited. So that's where I sent it only to be found out it was later sent to the Nebraska center and that took about a week. I called up and spoke to someone that the USCIS was very sweet and understanding and I told her that I had put an expedite request at the top of my stack of three books of documentation for the waiver when I mailed it in over nighted. She apologized for the misinformation but that she could also take an expedite request over the phone and I did not need to be forwarded to an immigration officer. on February the 17th we called back the USCIS from Morocco because it was my one year anniversary with my husband to check on the status of the expedite whether or not it had been approved because I had heard that usually if you don't hear something within 15 days either you got it or you don't but there's really no real answer to that question. The lady on the phone exclaimed to us that our waiver had already been approved. When I asked her the next steps she said it will be forwarded to the NVC with the visa will be prepared and then the embassy would be contacted and call my husband in for an interview before giving him his visa. I have been researching all over the internet since I returned home and I see all kinds of different answers as far as what really happens after the waiver is approved. I looked at some time lines on here and it seems like on average they are running at 4 months. Will it make a difference that the USC expedited my request because in the past I have had horrible response times from the NVC and the Moroccan embassy. I have already sent an email to the Moroccan embassy to inform them of the approval as directed by one of these websites. If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it or if you have been through a similar experience in Casablanca or anywhere for that matter. Time is of the essence because my case does involve cancer or precancer actually with the need of two different surgeries for about six different issues and I'm also bipolar with panic disorder and I'm about to lose my job because I'm so weak. I would upload a picture but I don't know how so my apologies for that.

having problems with my phone could not add this part but I have heard some people getting their visa in 3 weeks and I have heard some take up to 4 to 6 months because of AP and I'm not even sure what that means. Thank you so much for the help guys you will help me get this far and its amazing with the support group of something like this does for someone even though you guys don't know that you my have helped my situation without me having asked for any guidance but just reading and everyone sharing their stories god bless everyone here for helping out and I really hope that everyone is reunited with their families.

Waiver mailed January 17th

Waiver received January 18th

Waiver received from Phoenix to Nebraska Center January 27th

Waiver approved February 17th!!!!!!

this is for a 601 waiver no lawyer assistance and the reason for the expedite is because I need two surgeries one is pre cancer related in addition to I am also bipolar with PSTD and panic disorder and severe depression.

Timeline

One more question will be in NVC and the embassy know that my case was expedited by the USCIS and will they be getting the actual waiver mailed to them both just like the I 130 process?

this is for a 601 waiver no lawyer assistance and the reason for the expedite is because I need two surgeries one is pre cancer related in addition to I am also bipolar with PSTD and panic disorder and severe depression.

Timeline

Thank you. I actually just got an email from the embassy today that they received the packet.

• 3 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.