610 posts in this topic

I admire your courage to openly link to your video, but also agree with the 'general' concept of identity protection. I don't believe that VJ is the best forum for your video, as there is a wide dispersal of people who are enjoying the spoils of doing things the illegal way.

Another huge in your face topic that affects the path to "legal" immigration is that there are several countries whose citizens are allowed to cut in line because the US state department said they could. While there are a few from some of these countries who may have legitimate concern to political persecution, or natural disaster, the State Department does very little to substantiate a claim of such. In fact, the beneficiary may only need to be a citizen of that country or select a checkbox on a form.

When you consider the thousands of legal marriage based petitions that are rejected for non-bona fide relationship, even though the couple provides dozens if not hundreds of pages of photos and other evidence of ongoing relationship. Every single day these folks are rewarded with rejection and no path to correcting it due to the "DOCTRINE OF CONSULAR NON-REVIEWABILITY." This doctrine places the ConOff in a god-like position, and all the interviewee can hope for is that one person conoff didn't wake up on the wrong side of the bed. There is NO recourse when that happens.

Today's immigrants are being used as political pawns more than ever before in history. A congressman need only pass a bill to get accolades from his or her constituents from some not to be mentioned country, and those beneficiaries will leap right in front of thousands of others. It's my contention that the vast majority of asylum seekers and preferential cut in line folks have no basis whatsoever to cut in line. They do it because they can. Most folks are not paying close enough attention to see it. To be sure they would speak up if it happened at the grocery store or the bank.

VJ is still a good place to start. We will not limit our efforts to VJ only.

I know this is very much true. Hopefully we will reach someone who has the power to influence the correct people so they can help us.

Exexpat, you should be participating with me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Folks: If you're going to make videos, use strong discretion as to including any personally identifiable information. We don't know who trolls this site. VJ Moderation can't look at the videos to determine this for you. Thanks for remembering this prudent caution.

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

Thanks TBone for the word of caution! :) Are you sure you wouldn't want to guest star on the channel, your experience was a whopper of a tale :content:

Petitioner: U.S. Citizen living in U.S. Beneficiary: Egyptian Citizen living in Egypt Seychelles United States!

Visa type: CR-1

01-06-14 Married

03-21-14 Priority Date (Nebraska Service Center)

03-25-14 NOA1

08-26-14 Approved! 5 months, 5 days

09-04-14 shipped to NVC per USCIS website

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

01-30-15 Case Complete! 5 months at NVC with no checklists

03-25-15 Received Interview Letter, date is 05/14/15

05-14-15 Interview Result: APPROVED!

06-08-15 25 days later...CEAC finally shows READY

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

06-15-15 POE in Philadelphia

Total Time from Sending Petition to Visa in Hand: 14 months, 3 weeks

Currently in I-751 ROC and N-400 Citizenship processes.  See Timeline for Details.

Filed: Other Timeline

VJ is still a good place to start. We will not limit our efforts to VJ only.

I know this is very much true. Hopefully we will reach someone who has the power to influence the correct people so they can help us.

Exexpat, you should be participating with me.

The vast majority of people involved in American immigration either work for one of growing number of corrupt American consulates in the world or it's folks who filed a successful petition. Almost all those folks who filed a successful petition got in, and got out as quickly as they could. It's not the kind of place you would want to go party, as those folks can destroy your life and family with the stroke of a pen. They are even more lethal than the IRS.

The few others are just beginning their quest and probably very new to the process and need to fly below them radar. No one wants to go on a rant and pissoff the US state department when it looks like things are going okay. So yes, there are a few folks out there who either have personal experience as a victim of US corruption, or know someone who has been.

Creating a new website that is well funded and supported is a way to start and refine a movement. Remember, most folks are only looking for a very short time as they are in and out, give up, and the rest live in daily torture a lot worse than waterboarding. Waterboarding would be like a day at the beach.

Edited by ExExpat

The vast majority of people involved in American immigration either work for one of growing number of corrupt American consulates in the world or it's folks who filed a successful petition. Almost all those folks who filed a successful petition got in, and got out as quickly as they could. It's not the kind of place you would want to go party, as those folks can destroy your life and family with the stroke of a pen. They are even more lethal than the IRS.

The few others are just beginning their quest and probably very new to the process and need to fly below them radar. No one wants to go on a rant and pissoff the US state department when it looks like things are going okay. So yes, there are a few folks out there who either have personal experience as a victim of US corruption, or know someone who has been.

Creating a new website that is well funded and supported is a way to start and refine a movement. Remember, most folks are only looking for a very short time as they are in and out, give up, and the rest live in daily torture a lot worse than waterboarding. Waterboarding would be like a day at the beach.

Well, thanks for the negativity. We will reach someone who is willing to help us. We just have to put up enough fuss. And if the embassy has left you in AP for more than a year, the truth of the matter is, they are just sitting on you until they are ready to make a move. AP really doesn't take that long. They did a lady like that who was filing for her husband from Guyana, 4 years of AP, and they weren't doing anything with his file at all.

Bringing awareness to a growing issue for a growing class of people is the correct thing to do. As more American and PRs marry foreigners, they will have to address this issue eventually. We are looking to move this eventually up to sooner.

It sounds like to me you have more of a problem with VJ and less of a problem with advocating for change. If you believe this really wouldn't work, why tell me to create another website?

We need positivity, not negativity in an already gloomy time.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Yes yes yes we got it yes praise God we got a yes!! He was there until after closing so I was a bundle of nerves. But he got a yes. Six years five denials on tourist visa's and my husband is finally coming home

Picks up his visa on Monday

Yippeeee!!!

Thank you all so much for your prayers and your support now we have to continue praying for the rest who are still in AP !!

That man is coming home next week!!!

WOOHOOO!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS I KNEW IT YES YES YES! :yes: :yes: Woohooooooooooooooooooooo so happy for you, Jac!!!!!

Seeing this just made my day. :) :) :) :) :)

For the record, I was also at the embassy until after closing. :lol:

CR-1 (Argentina): April 2014 to March 2015.

ROC (VSC): March 2017 to March 2018.

USCIS
04/02/2014 I-130 NOA1 (NSC)
08/14/2014 I-130 Transferred to CSC
09/05/2014 I-130 NOA2 (day 157)

NVC
09/17/2014 NVC received
09/26/2014 Case number, IIN and BIN assigned
09/30/2014 AOS and IV fees invoiced and paid
10/01/2014 Submitted DS-260
10/21/2014 Sent AOS and IV packages
10/23/2014 Documents received (according to email from NVC)
10/24/2014 AOS and IV packages scanned / FALSE checklist (DS-260 reviewed)
11/25/2014 Medical exam done
12/29/2014 Case complete (day 272)

EMBASSY
02/19/2015 Interview in Buenos Aires, Argentina - APPROVED! (day 324)
02/24/2015 CEAC status changed to ISSUED
03/05/2015 Visa in hand! (day 338)

03/05/2015 USCIS Immigrant Fee paid / ELIS "Optimized"
03/16/2015 POE @ JFK! (day 349)

04/07/2015 USCIS ELIS status update

04/15/2015 Green card is being produced

04/21/2015 Green card was mailed / ELIS "Closed"

04/23/2015 Green card in hand! All done until December 2016!

ROC

03/07/2017 I-751 Package delivered (VSC)

03/08/2017 I-751 NOA1

03/25/2017 Biometrics letter in the mail

04/03/2017 Biometrics appointment (day 28)

03/19/2018 I-751 NOA2 (day 378)

N-400

03/16/2020 Filed

02/11/2021 Biometrics reuse notice

Filed: Other Timeline

Well, thanks for the negativity. We will reach someone who is willing to help us. We just have to put up enough fuss. And if the embassy has left you in AP for more than a year, the truth of the matter is, they are just sitting on you until they are ready to make a move. AP really doesn't take that long. They did a lady like that who was filing for her husband from Guyana, 4 years of AP, and they weren't doing anything with his file at all.

Bringing awareness to a growing issue for a growing class of people is the correct thing to do. As more American and PRs marry foreigners, they will have to address this issue eventually. We are looking to move this eventually up to sooner.

It sounds like to me you have more of a problem with VJ and less of a problem with advocating for change. If you believe this really wouldn't work, why tell me to create another website?

We need positivity, not negativity in an already gloomy time.

I'm all for being positive, but when it comes to this topic there is little to nothing to be positive about. I'm not just saying that to be gloomy, it's that it's a fact. Mixing this topic in a forum where some folks are just in this for a little while may be gloomy to them.

As for VJ, I can assure you that any opinion I hold about this website does not affect the immigration challenge I face. My battle and my beef is with the corruption of US government immigration. Sorry, but I can't blow daisies about the difficulty so many face.

There are thousands who succeed, and I can assure you that I too once believed that those who were not successful probably deserved what they got for some reason or another. Kinda like the homeless person on the street.

So, tell me something positive? Have you seen any law in the last few hours coming out of Washington that will enable my stepdaughter to come to America? Anything that will enable our K1 petition that disappeared to magically reappear? Sound selfish? It is selfish. It's about my family it about our lives. While I am happy to rejoice with others, I need to see action that will enable folks like me and others who are victims to shine the light of day on evil government corruption, and a political environment that excuses it as something broken that needs to be fixed.

What's the positive part of the story. I must have missed it.

Edited by ExExpat

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes yes yes we got it yes praise God we got a yes!! He was there until after closing so I was a bundle of nerves. But he got a yes. Six years five denials on tourist visa's and my husband is finally coming home

Yippeeee!!!

Thank you all so much for your prayers and your support now we have to continue praying for the rest who are still in AP !!

WOOHOOO!

Congrats. I am so happy for you. Time to celebrate lol

I'm all for being positive, but when it comes to this topic there is little to nothing to be positive about. I'm not just saying that to be gloomy, it's that it's a fact. Mixing this topic in a forum where some folks are just in this for a little while may be gloomy to them.

As for VJ, I can assure you that any opinion I hold about this website does not affect the immigration challenge I face. My battle and my beef is with the corruption of US government immigration. Sorry, but I can't blow daisies about the difficulty so many face.

There are thousands who succeed, and I can assure you that I too once believed that those who were not successful probably deserved what they got for some reason or another. Kinda like the homeless person on the street.

So, tell me something positive? Have you seen any law in the last few hours coming out of Washington that will enable my stepdaughter to come to America? Anything that will enable our K1 petition that disappeared to magically reappear? Sound selfish? It is selfish. It's about my family it about our lives. While I am happy to rejoice with others, I need to see action that will enable folks like me and others who are victims to shine the light of day on evil government corruption, and a political environment that excuses it as something broken that needs to be fixed.

What's the positive part of the story. I must have missed it.

Becoming active and staying positive goes a long way. You have those of us who are advocating, join in with us.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yippeeee!!!

WOOHOOO!

WOW! I cant believe they would make you put up for that long.... Congragulations!

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

Marriage: 2012-04-23

I-130 Sent : 2014-07-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-07-24

I-130 RFE : 2015-02-03

I-130 RFE Sent : 2015/02/09

NOA2 Email Received: 2015/03/02

NOA2 Hardcopy Received: 2015/03/06

Case Sent from USCIS: 2015/03/11
NVC Received: 2015/03/17
Case # Assigned: 2015/03/24
DS-261 Completed: 2015/03/28
Paid AOS Fee: 2015/03/30
Sent in AOS and IV Package: 2015/04/01
Case Accepted for Expedite: 2015/05/05
Case Forwarded to Consulate: 2015/05/07
Completed DS-260: 2015/05/15
Interview Scheduled: 2015/05/20
Interview: 2015/07/15
event.png

event.png
event.png

You are beautiful inside and out, they say in my country you can't hide the sun with one finger hahahaaa so I'm just saying what we all see. I'll e-mail you about the Video it's not what you think. ;) Hugs!

WOW amazing so wonderful, I'll watch it after I finish posting or I know I wont be able to see the screen and crying sometimes gives me a migraine. I think this is really going to work and I'm so proud of all of you and specially Janelle our hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you just like the rest of the members you are BRILLIANT and the word that best describes it to me is and it wasn't easy to find just one but my choice is " Despair" loss of all hope but changed my mind and am going with, "Anguish" : extreme suffering, pain,distress, or anxiety.

Synonyms:agony, pain, torment, torture, suffering, distress, angst, misery, sorrow, grief, heartache, desolation, despair;

Thank you so much for joining us and welcome!

OMG I sit here crying from sheer joy and happiness for you both, they made you wait way to long but finally you got your approval and all is good. Thank God, thank God now get him home before they change their minds. ;) J/K. Wooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooooo. :dance: :yes: :dance:

Hero? I need a superman outfit with an "I" instead of an "S." :lol:

We can all do this!! I believe in us. We deserve this! I look forward to hearing from you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Ugh! I have a few ideas for your videos, but I have to run to a work meeting. In the meantime, would each of you mind giving me one powerful word that best describes your immigration experience?

exasperating. it takes so long to get anything done with USCIS or nvc. hours on hold. check list for silly things. being put in ap and no reason give. I could go on. I miss my husband and just want to be with him, is that to much to ask?

Timeline

No one who is in the US illegally, or any family member of someone who is in the US illegally should have a single piece of immigration paperwork processed before those who take the legal path. There is no penalty for those already living in the US with their families illegally and who also get preferential treatment. It defies logic for anyone who attempts to somehow combine the legal and illegal lines as if they are somehow one entity.

Thank you I agree 100%!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!! 6 years!!! Please do a video. Please please!

Please for us patnjac it will help beyond words and pinch yourself so you don't look happy hahahaaa ;)

Folks: If you're going to make videos, use strong discretion as to including any personally identifiable information. We don't know who trolls this site. VJ Moderation can't look at the videos to determine this for you. Thanks for remembering this prudent caution.

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

Thank you so much your TBoneness will do. :D

Hi again Janelle,

As I mentioned in the September thread, I'm volunteering the skunkworks team to put together a video regarding the issue and the fight we've been waging. We'll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks!

Jerry

For me the fight is the same one, no difference and we are both treated like dog poop on the sidewalk.

I admire your courage to openly link to your video, but also agree with the 'general' concept of identity protection. I don't believe that VJ is the best forum for your video, as there is a wide dispersal of people who are enjoying the spoils of doing things the illegal way.

Another huge in your face topic that affects the path to "legal" immigration is that there are several countries whose citizens are allowed to cut in line because the US state department said they could. While there are a few from some of these countries who may have legitimate concern to political persecution, or natural disaster, the State Department does very little to substantiate a claim of such. In fact, the beneficiary may only need to be a citizen of that country or select a checkbox on a form.

When you consider the thousands of legal marriage based petitions that are rejected for non-bona fide relationship, even though the couple provides dozens if not hundreds of pages of photos and other evidence of ongoing relationship. Every single day these folks are rewarded with rejection and no path to correcting it due to the "DOCTRINE OF CONSULAR NON-REVIEWABILITY." This doctrine places the ConOff in a god-like position, and all the interviewee can hope for is that one person conoff didn't wake up on the wrong side of the bed. There is NO recourse when that happens.

Today's immigrants are being used as political pawns more than ever before in history. A congressman need only pass a bill to get accolades from his or her constituents from some not to be mentioned country, and those beneficiaries will leap right in front of thousands of others. It's my contention that the vast majority of asylum seekers and preferential cut in line folks have no basis whatsoever to cut in line. They do it because they can. Most folks are not paying close enough attention to see it. To be sure they would speak up if it happened at the grocery store or the bank.

You bet they would scream to high heaven!

America, Give Me My Spouse/Fiancé !

https://www.youtube....O6dwPf8HqZBzjUA

Help us make processing times at USCIS service centers fairer.
http://helptsc.tumblr.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

I-130 Sent. 03-14-2014 PD changed 6-24-2013. Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 05-28-2014.

I-130 NOA1. 03-20-2013. Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

Returned to me due to mistake. 04-27-2013. Submit DS-261: 05-28-2014 Scanned on May 30 Th.
Returned to USCIS
04-30-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to me again USCIS mistake.
05-14-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to USCIS. 06-24-2013 due to travel. Receive IV Bill: 07-07-2014. 2uge4p4.gif
I-130 NOA2, Approved. 04-08-2014. Send IV Package: 07-22-2014 Scanned 07/24/2014.
Your I-130 was approved in 283, actual 343 days.
Submitted DS-260; 07/14/2014

Arrived NVC. 04-25-2014. NVC requested parents marriage cert, 10/10/2014

Case number given. 05-20-2014. Last scan date, 10/22/2014
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014. AOS Approved: 12-16-2014. egyptian.gif
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Receive I-864 Package: 06-25-2014.
Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

CASE COMPLETE : They lied, 09-17-2014 42.gifActual CC 12-16-2014. Finally smiley-sick014.gif

Interview date given on 12-29-2014. Interview date 02-19-2015

01-29-2015 - Medical

02-19-2015 - Interview: Denied, reason given does not believe we are a Bona Fide marriage. voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

-----------------------------------------

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

Hey everyone.

I wanted to give back to the community that helped my wife and I be together in June 2014, so I created an app called 'VisaProcess'.

It is a task based app that takes you through the steps of the visa process, along with the option to read or leave tips for every step. Finally it generates a timeline of how long it would take your case to complete based on historical data of similar dates.

It is available on both Android and iPhone.

- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=visa.process.ir1.cr1&hl=en

- https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/visaprocess-ir1-cr1/id960466011?ls=1&mt=8

The app is 100% free to use with no ads, and I'm not selling anything. I'm a developer by trade and actually built it for myself. A friend mentioned how valuable it might be to the masses, and so here I am offering it to everyone with hopes that it will become another valuable tool in your process.

Right now it is in English, but is being translated to Spanish, and then eventually French.

Good luck on your visa petitions!

USCIS
03/07/13 - I-130 Sent
03/15/13 - NOA1
10/31/13 - Transfered to NSC

12/04/13 - Alien registration number changed

12/05/13 - NOA2 Finally!

NVC
12/30/13 - NVC received file
01/29/14 - Case number assigned

02/05/14 - Received AOS Invoice Email and Completed DS-261

02/06/14 - AOS Payment became available. Paid it.

02/13/14 - IV Payment became available. Paid it and sent in AOS and IV packages

02/14/14 - AOS and IV packages arrived at NVC (viewed tracking info)

02/21/14 - Packages were attached to my case

03/13/14 - Received, answered, and sent back checklist (missing I-864 information)

04/02/14 - Received, answered, and sent back 2nd checklist (OUCH - was told conflicting info by NVC reps regarding Total vs Adjusted Gross Income)

04/18/14 - NVC approved application!!

05/02/14 - Interview date set for June 5

EMBASSY

06/05/14 - Interview... Approved!! Paid Domex for delivery of Visas

Timeline

Hey everyone.

I wanted to give back to the community that helped my wife and I be together in June 2014, so I created an app called 'VisaProcess'.

It is a task based app that takes you through the steps of the visa process, along with the option to read or leave tips for every step. Finally it generates a timeline of how long it would take your case to complete based on historical data of similar dates.

It is available on both Android and iPhone.

- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=visa.process.ir1.cr1&hl=en

- https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/visaprocess-ir1-cr1/id960466011?ls=1&mt=8

The app is 100% free to use with no ads, and I'm not selling anything. I'm a developer by trade and actually built it for myself. A friend mentioned how valuable it might be to the masses, and so here I am offering it to everyone with hopes that it will become another valuable tool in your process.

Right now it is in English, but is being translated to Spanish, and then eventually French.

Good luck on your visa petitions!

You are so awesome! :) :) :)

Petitioner: U.S. Citizen living in U.S. Beneficiary: Egyptian Citizen living in Egypt Seychelles United States!

Visa type: CR-1

01-06-14 Married

03-21-14 Priority Date (Nebraska Service Center)

03-25-14 NOA1

08-26-14 Approved! 5 months, 5 days

09-04-14 shipped to NVC per USCIS website

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

01-30-15 Case Complete! 5 months at NVC with no checklists

03-25-15 Received Interview Letter, date is 05/14/15

05-14-15 Interview Result: APPROVED!

06-08-15 25 days later...CEAC finally shows READY

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

06-15-15 POE in Philadelphia

Total Time from Sending Petition to Visa in Hand: 14 months, 3 weeks

Currently in I-751 ROC and N-400 Citizenship processes.  See Timeline for Details.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.