rnab32

Proof of on-going relationship - Pictures question

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well if you think the U.S. Department of State lists the Philippines as a HIGH FRAUD country because of "mail order brides and age gap" you truly need a reality check.... as they don't. No red flags... nothing.

Truly don't care what GCC states, most of their info seems to be at least 50 years out of date, especially considering no one does "mail order brides" anymore... this is the internet age.

And meeting through an online "dating site" is NOT a "mail order bride", plus it seems you don't have a clue on what an International Marriage Broker is either.

FilipinoCupid, CherryBlossom and such are NOT "mail order bride" websites, and many have disclosed they met on one of them. As for International marriage brokers, YES I think a couple would disclose they met through such an organization as it is a REQUIRED disclosure by USCIS ... to lie is fraud.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129f.pdf question 35.

- Glad you are sharing what you have observed in the few months you have been doing this process-

Well if you think that red flags are straightforward as they come then so be it and if you think mail order brides doesn't exist anymore, then you are the one who needs a reality check. I live in this country long enough to see what is going on...its different what you READ and what is really happening in MY country. I live and raised in the city so I know what I'm talking it because I've seen it myself. If i hit any nerve on this topic, then it should help others to be prepared if their relationship is genuine.

If you don't care what GCC states then that's your right. But other people who are in the middle of the process needs this info....it may speed up the process for them. So I will post the things I've learned for the people who needs it.

I never said those sites are mail order brides so why are we discussing it? And you better read the IMRB too as well...protection from mail order bride is different from marriage fraud. It goes without saying that you still need to prove the authenticity of your relationship even if you met thru "mail order brides".

And lastly and my final reply to you, there is a fine line between helping and being a know-it-all. A few months is a understatement of how long I've been doing this process but you know what they say about ASSupmtions. But this site is not about me and HOW much I know. No one have the monopoly of knowledge so lets agree to disagree. I think having different perspective can help other couple achieve the ultimate results. Unless of course you are the ambassador of the US to the PHL? No, Yes? ;) (Hope not...)

Edited by kipper_22

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Being that you provided "zero" facts or website links regarding why the U.S. Department of State would consider the Philippines a high fraud country... it would be best to end this.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Being that you provided "zero" facts or website links regarding why the U.S. Department of State would consider the Philippines a high fraud country... it would be best to end this.

Edited by kipper_22

Timeline

Oh you are still hang up on that? Man...you can easily google that...even IMRB stated about mail order bride and other news site. And you haven't provided any links or proven facts that says PHL is not a high fraud country or mail order bride is not a red flag. Ciao.

Timeline

For proof of relationship, we used three things:

Engagement pictures with ring receipt.

5 pages of Facebook chat logs

Western Union receipts

Everything else we put in proof of meeting.

No administrative problems throughout the process and got our pictures back at the POE when CBP opened the "do not open" envelope.

Good luck!

Thanks luckytwo15! That helps since I was going to create a thread asking if I we should include Western Union receipts for proof of relationship haha.

ROC:

7/2/18 - ROC packet (I-751) sent

7/5/18 - USCIS CSC received

7/13/18 - NOA (I-797) notice date

7/17/18 - $680 check cashed

7/20/18 - NOA (I-797) received

3/11/19 - Biometrics reused

6/4/19 - Case transferred to Potomac Service Center  

10/9/19 - New Card Is Being Produced / Approved

10/11/19 - Card Was Mailed To Me

10/12/19 - Approval Notice received

10/17/19 - 10-yr Green Card received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks luckytwo15! That helps since I was going to create a thread asking if I we should include Western Union receipts for proof of relationship haha.

I would think bringing Western Union receipts may indicate your fiancé is a scammer and only using the US Citizen as a bank.......

Timeline

I would think bringing Western Union receipts may indicate your fiancé is a scammer and only using the US Citizen as a bank.......

I also include WU receipts but we put a note to each receipts that explained that the money transfers were to cover plane tickets, hotel, etc and as a couple we always split the bill for those stuff.

So I'm seeing conflicting comments regarding Western Union receipts. Some of you say if we include the receipts in our application and bring them to the interview, US Immigration won't think our relationship is genuine and that she's only with me because of money? I send my girlfriend/fiancee about $150/month (not a huge amount of money) to help her out with bills, food, transportation, etc... I would probably spend more on her taking her out on dates if she was here with me in the US.

ROC:

Timeline

So I'm seeing conflicting comments regarding Western Union receipts. Some of you say if we include the receipts in our application and bring them to the interview, US Immigration won't think our relationship is genuine and that she's only with me because of money? I send my girlfriend/fiancee about $150/month (not a huge amount of money) to help her out with bills, food, transportation, etc... I would probably spend more on her taking her out on dates if she was here with me in the US.

In our case, we sent both ways..I have sent some money there and my fiance to me. I would suggest in your case, dont include it.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Most... do not bring copies of WU, XOOM or any other receipts to the interview. Really not needed.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks kipper and hank! We won't use Western Union receipts.

ROC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.