Rob Corvette

I apologize if I offended anyone here.

8 posts in this topic

You can't pleased everyone here. That's why I prefer not to replied your post because I knew it would turn into a drama. Do whatever the best you can, follow your gut, and keep us posted.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Thanks so much for all of the good answers in my now locked post regarding a K-1 Visa issue, and sorry if I upset or offended anyone due to my lack of knowledge of whether or not it was possible for me to help a truly innocent victim, and at the same time bring someone into my life to potentially be happy with.

I did not know the answer to my questions, that is why I asked them...

It is not just HER word regarding how she was treated, her fiance victimized her in many ways, including video taping much of the degradation he evicted upon her, and then posting it online for sale, things I did not mention in my original post. I won't go into further details about that but suffice to say, that was just the tip of the iceberg...

Please don't judge people so harshly, so easily, we are all human, and being such, we all make mistakes, and sure I have made more than my fair share, but does that mean I do not deserve to have the chance to find love, or to just even help someone who has suffered enough to find the correct answers so that she will know that she cannot stay here, that there is no form or process that will allow her to stay. I AM NOT the one keeping her here, I am just the one with a big enough heart to try to help her, so hate me for that if you want, but I have served my country in many ways, and I have always been the one to run into the burning building while others ran out... I always reach out my hand to help others, that is how I was raised, and I am too old to change now, and to those of you who reached out your hand to help me, I say again thank you.

Rob

Don't let others get you down. But do make sure you're in the situation you want to be in before moving too fast.

Good Luck to you!

You are a good-hearted person and you deserve all happiness you can get. If you really care about this lady, talk to her. Make sure she cares about you too. If you both decide to give it a try then let her go back home and start everything legal. As there is no other way for her while she is there in the USA. The distance and time (not that long for a K-1) may also contribute by proving your feelings are genuine.

All the best to you and don't get offended: BE CAREFUL, please.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Best of luck for you man, you seem like a nice.. just be careful with this situation! :)

USCIS

04-SEP-2014 --- Marriage!

08-DEC-2014 --- I-130 Sent

17-DEC-2014 --- NOA1

05-JAN-2015 --- NOA2

NVC

17-JAN-2015 --- NVC Recieved

02-MAR-2015 --- Case Activated; Filled DS-261

02-MAR-2015 --- AOS Invoiced ; PAID

03-MAR-2015 --- AOS shows "PAID"

13-APR-2015 --- IV Invoiced ; PAID

14-APR-2015 --- IV shows "PAID"

22-APR-2015 --- Completed DS-260

01-MAY-2015 --- Mailed AOS/IV Packet

04-MAY-2015 --- Scan Date

03-JUN-2015 --- Case Complete!

23-JUL-2015 --- INTERVIEW!!! (Approved)

(ROC)I-751
21-AUG-2017 --- I-751 Sent
22-AUG-2017 --- Check cashed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

All the best, OP.

[Moderator hat reluctantly on]

Have to close this thread, which constitutes a "continuation" of a closed topic. If the OP wishes to start a new thread pertaining to relationship advice in general, the Off Topic forum is available. However, please do not restart a thread on the closed topics.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.