7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. Im really new to this. My visa interview is scheduled this coming march 6 but it turns out there is something wrong with my passport. So i have to renew/replace them which would change my passport ofcourse. My question is, would it affect my documents we already filed at the embassy? Or i can just reschedule my interview when i get my new passport and pick up the process where i left it? My biggest worry is that if we would start all over again. I badly need your advices. Thank you

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

1) Is your passport expired?

2) if it is why did you start the process not knowing the expiry date on your passport.

3) If it is damaged what exactly is wrong with it, saying something is wrong with your passport can mean many different things

my advice;

if your passport is expired, I'm not sure about how your passport agency works in your country but if possible get an express renewal like same day or next day service. In some countries I know they have an option to have their passports extended for like a month or so, so when you do get the visa in that one you get your new passport and hold both while travelling.

1) Is your passport expired?

2) if it is why did you start the process not knowing the expiry date on your passport.

3) If it is damaged what exactly is wrong with it, saying something is wrong with your passport can mean many different things

my advice;

if your passport is expired, I'm not sure about how your passport agency works in your country but if possible get an express renewal like same day or next day service. In some countries I know they have an option to have their passports extended for like a month or so, so when you do get the visa in that one you get your new passport and hold both while travelling.

12/24/2014.................forms i130, i485, i765, i131 mailed via usps12/26/2014.................forms delivered01/05/2015.................NOA1 for all forms wth 26th dec as priority date01/24/2015.................bio apt received for 02/0601/26/2015................. walk in bio failed, supervisor said that the office is way to busy to come back closer to my apt date02/06/2015................. completed biometrics02/11/2015.................Aos status update 'case is ready to be scheduled for an interview'<p>02/24/2015................EAD updated to 'card in production' AP updated to case approved

09/17/2015....... interview scheduled for OCT 21st.

10/21/2015....... attended interview, approved on the spot, also received updates on case status.

10/23/2015...... green card mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It got wet but I was able to use the passport i have right now when we went to japan so we thought nothing is wrong with it. I learned just now that its not valid, because as they say its considered mutilated. The passport express processing here takes 10 days. So either way i wont be able to attend my interview this march 6. But would i still be able to show up with my new passport number at my interview?

It got wet but I was able to use the passport i have right now when we went to japan so we thought nothing is wrong with it. I learned just now that its not valid, because as they say its considered mutilated. The passport express processing here takes 10 days. So either way i wont be able to attend my interview this march 6. But would i still be able to show up with my new passport number at my interview?

If the passport is considered mutilated there is a very good chance it will not be accepted at your interview. I would reschedule your interview, get a new passport and request the express processing. You can show up with your new passport at the rescheduled interview and explain why it was replaced. The visa process understands that **** happens sometimes and they will not make you start over with the entire petition process. This really is not much different than getting a new passport after the initial K-1 filing because it will not have 6 months validity remaining.

Edited by sevenrider860

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. Im really new to this. My visa interview is scheduled this coming march 6 but it turns out there is something wrong with my passport. So i have to renew/replace them which would change my passport ofcourse. My question is, would it affect my documents we already filed at the embassy? Or i can just reschedule my interview when i get my new passport and pick up the process where i left it? My biggest worry is that if we would start all over again. I badly need your advices. Thank you

Bring both passports to the interview, you should reschedule the interview being you can not get the new passport in time for the interview, do not need to redo anything.

Pop over to the Philippines forum for better assistance related to the visa process in Manila. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/538562-ceac-status/#entry7500045

For details on the K-1 process in Manila follow the flashing arrow below.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Libya
Timeline

When you get the new passport number, you have to fill out a new ds160 before the interview and let them know what happened. I had a similar issue.

19-Sept-14: I-129F Delivered

23-Sept-14: NOA1 (I-797C ~ Texas Lockbox accepted I-129F)

24-Sept-14: NOA1 (E-mail & Text)

Sent to California Service Center

3-Nov-14: Requested expedite by mailed letter with UN Human Rights Reports (Humanitarian Situation)

14-Nov-14: NOA2 (I-129F Petition Approved ~ E-mail & Text)

1-Dec-14: NVC Received Case

2-Dec-14: NVC Case Number Assigned

9-Dec-14: Embassy Received

3-Feb-15: "Package 3" Received/Turned In

25-Feb-15: "Package 4" - Received Interview Date

19-Mar-15: Interview ~ Approved

27-Mar-15: Visa Issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.