Bubba gump

buying plane tickets for travel within Philippines from usa

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If YOU buy tickets for your fiance then be sure to send her a front and back picture of your card, and a copy of your id. This is because they want make sure it is not fraud. My wife and I found this out one time because I used to buy the tickets for her to go back and forth to Manila, and she did not have a photo copy of the card and id and they did not let her on the plane.

One thing I like about Cebu Pacific is that they now accept PayPal for payment. Thus, there is no credit card to worry about. My fiancee has never had any problems flying with a ticket that I paid for using PayPal.

Filed: Timeline

While I have heard a number of horror stories about Cebu Pacific I have flown them twice (Manila - Singapore and Manila-Cebu). The planes were almost brand new, the cabin crew absolutely excellent and the flights had no issues either direction.

Agreed. I have flown Cebu Pacific several times now, though all domestic travel. A bit crowded, but otherwise very enjoyable flights. Newer planes; friendly and enthusiastic staff. Simple boarding and deplaning process.

I flew PAL once from Dubai to Manila. I'll never fly them again.

Edited by novedsac

Agreed. I have flown Cebu Pacific several times now, though all domestic travel. A bit crowded, but otherwise very enjoyable flights. Newer planes; friendly and enthusiastic staff. Simple boarding and deplaning process.

I flew PAL once from Dubai to Manila. I'll never fly them again.

I honestly love Cebu Pacific but my wife hates them with a passion. I found out a few years ago when we were flying from Cebu to Davao that they are only one that allow you to do the complete trip on one itinerary. We had to fly from Cebu to Manila, and then Manila to Davao. PAL would only allow me to do it one way to Manila and then a separate transaction for the flight to Davao, while Cebu allowed me to keep it on one itinerary and one transaction.

My take on CebuPac is its either a HIT (using the hit very loosely) or MISS. My last flight for CebuPac was MNL-SG roundtrip and on the way home to Manila, the pilot almost overshoot our landing in the runway. We saw or felt the wheels come down and as he began his descend, we suddenly felt the plane going faster again and then we were airborne. We began flying in circles for 30 mins or what felt like flying in circles. When we touch down in some airport, we were told that we overshoot the landing and we had to make an emergency takeoff and landing in Subic International Airport. After scared out of our wits and sitting in the plane for 2 hours for refueling, we were able to make it back to Manila safely.

Never fly CebuPac after that encounter....

That happened to me one time when I was flying in to Manila on Qatar Airways, so it's not just Cebu Pacific that did that. The only thing was that we did not fly to Subic, we just stayed in the air for another 30 minutes after a long 9 hour flight. We were literally just about to land, we had the wheels down and were going into the runway, hell were about 30-40 feet off the runway before the pilot punched it and we went back up. I was scared I admit.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That happened to me one time when I was flying in to Manila on Qatar Airways, so it's not just Cebu Pacific that did that. The only thing was that we did not fly to Subic, we just stayed in the air for another 30 minutes after a long 9 hour flight. We were literally just about to land, we had the wheels down and were going into the runway, hell were about 30-40 feet off the runway before the pilot punched it and we went back up. I was scared I admit.

Not flying Qatar Airways too! haha..but yeah that one was the scariest experience I had in a plane. It felt like we will crash and then the next minute flying up in high speed..must be something about NAIA runways. And I fly a lot for business and the best one IMO is Singapore Airlines....sadly, we can't afford to fly SQ all the time.

Not flying Qatar Airways too! haha..but yeah that one was the scariest experience I had in a plane. It felt like we will crash and then the next minute flying up in high speed..must be something about NAIA runways. And I fly a lot for business and the best one IMO is Singapore Airlines....sadly, we can't afford to fly SQ all the time.

I used to fly alot internationally when I was working overseas. I have never flown with SQ but Qatar was my airline and I love them. Sadly I since I live on the West Coast now we can't use them here to fly to Manila. :(

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can try to ask her to visit a travel agency. I got a ticket for 4800 with Cathay Pacific. I went to this travel agency with a tie up from Cathay Pacific and they had this promo for immigrant visa holders. If I bought it online, I would've paid $1000+++ so I got a good deal by going to a travel agency with a tie up with Cathay. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.